Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:48 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You seem offended about the fact that you have to obey the laws. But then again, you DON'T obey them.

based on the laws, if I want to do a drug the only one I can legally partake in is alcohol.. by far one of the most lethal concoctions ever invented..

weed is definitely the safest drug to partake in, and should be classified as so.. the strings on the puppets are being severed and they are coming to their senses and learning the real truth about the benefit of weed.. and by the way it will be legal in most states by 2023
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 12:09 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
You seem offended about the fact that you have to obey the laws. But then again, you DON'T obey them.
The only law I break regularly is the speed limit, and I'm still offended by people (in other states) being incarcerated for smoking a plant. Got anything else? Oh, I forgot who I'm asking... so the answer is obviously going to be NO!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:14 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Laws are clearly not moral or immoral. That's in essence why justice is blind. Laws are laws, despite their moral value.
If we used the laws to define personal morality, I doubt a SINGLE person would be "moral" in this nation. Who hasn't broken a law (whether minor or major) once or twice in their lifetime? Even the self-righteous moral police like Finn_Jarber probably wouldn't be exempt, methinks.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:

And again Finn based on your logic when being allowed to own slaves was the law, or when segregation was the law, or when women couldn't vote was the law, then we should just go ahead and follow them, because the law is the law! There are some good laws, but there are also a lot of bad ones! Prohibition is one of them! Incarcerating or prosecuting someone for smoking a doobie in their own home when they're doing NO HARM to someone else, and pandering to the Prison Industrial Complex is indeed OFFENSIVE!!!! Being told by the government and other busy bodies what I can and can't consume because "WAAAAAAAAAAAA I DON'T LIKE IT AND I WANT TO CONTROL OTHERS OR IT CUTS INTO MY PROFITS" is indeed offensive!

Finally, you don't know jack s*** about me, so don't act like you're all holier than thou, and you're the authority on morality, MMMKAY!!!! Instead of passing judgement, why don't you step back and stop seeing things as black and white for once?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:27 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,504,361 times
Quote:
Good men do not follow bad laws... Would you have complied with the Fugitive Slave Act? More over, free men do not follow laws that infringe upon their right to their own body. Maybe you should watch some more Fox news or MSNBC and continue being a happy little slave.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Good men do not follow bad laws... Would you have complied with the Fugitive Slave Act? More over, free men do not follow laws that infringe upon their right to their own body. Maybe you should watch some more Fox news or MSNBC and continue being a happy little slave.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies