Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:38 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So don't listen and don't read my posts. Seems simple enough. I'm surprised it hasn't occurred to you.
Oh, wait...I'm not.
if I didn't read your posts, I'd have nothing to laugh at. although sometimes your points get lost in translation. it happens when I copy and paste the text of your posts into a canadian-english translator.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:46 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Inadequacies? Not quite.
I have private insurance through my job. It covers things like eyeglasses, dental, private hospital rooms, ambulance, therapeutic massage, etc.
It doesn't really speak to medical inadequacies, but more like health frills.

Is not having to wait months for an MRI a frill?

"Inadequacies" would also include long wait times for which many Canadians have private plans that allow them to use private clinics where the wait times are substantially reduced.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Is not having to wait months for an MRI a frill?

"Inadequacies" would also include long wait times for which many Canadians have private plans that allow them to use private clinics where the wait times are substantially reduced.
I wonder if the calgary stampeders are going to file a class action concussion suit against the CFL for $125 canadian.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:55 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
It sounds perfectly fair to me. Maybe it's just one of the many reasons your medical costs are totally out of control.
Read it and weep.

21 graphs that show America’s health-care prices are ludicrous

You get what you pay for Skippy!

How bad is the brain drain?

Old 10-27-2013, 11:06 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
if I didn't read your posts, I'd have nothing to laugh at. although sometimes your points get lost in translation. it happens when I copy and paste the text of your posts into a canadian-english translator.
Tis is what passes for debate in your neck of the woods? Looks like your educational system is just as functional and stellar as your healthcare system.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Tis is what passes for debate in your neck of the woods? Looks like your educational system is just as functional and stellar as your healthcare system.
you might want to look into the public school system in maryland.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:33 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Uh....I'm pretty sure 70Ford's post was sarcasm.

In that case, I withdraw my snarky comment.

Sarcasm just doesn't transmit well electronically in print.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:33 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:

Got anything more current than an article written 14 years ago?

Old 10-27-2013, 01:38 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:

Great, an out dated link from 1999 no less. Scraping the bottom for anything to back up your losing argument are we?

Except for Germany, more physicians in the United Sates felt that the system needed to be completely rebuilt than physicians in any other country. The United States tied with Germany for last with an overwhelming 82% of physicians who thought the system needed fundamental changes or to be completely rebuilt.

Let’s stop pretending that doctors in outer countries are miserable, and practicing in the United States is paradise. So there’s no part of this meme that’s true. Not only are physicians not more dissatisfied practicing in Canada than in the Unites States, but more doctors are also moving into Canada to practice than leaving. Meme-busting: Doctors are all leaving Canada to practice in the U.S. - The Washington Post

As per the Canadian Institute for Health Information data for the last five years, the doctors immigrating to Canada is far greater than the number of doctors leaving Canada. http://www.canadaupdates.com/content...ada-15730.html

Your lame arguments make one wonder why you so enthusiastically support your broken health care system....Who brainwashed you to the point that you are blind to the obvious?

Old 10-27-2013, 01:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Got anything more current than an article written 14 years ago?
Yep, it makes references to 20 years ago.

"Nurses, for instance, are highly mobile and tend to go where the jobs are. The brain drain south was particularly dramatic in the mid-1990s, when country-wide cuts in the hospital sector put many nurses out of work, to the delight of eager US recruiters. However, because the job market for nurses has opened up again, particularly in Ontario, the tide appears to have reversed."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies