Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:41 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,634,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Capture Osama? We aren't even looking for Osama.

Of course Bush is one of the worst. What... in nearly eight years... has he accomplished? And that was with a friendly Congress for most of the time. (I know, I know, 2 Supreme Court Justices.)

Goodie for him. But other than that??

Other than the Iraq fiasco... what will his legacy be?
Well Billy, he did almost choke on some Pretzels, are you forgetting the peak in his career ? what a missed opportunity this was !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 03:28 PM

478 posts, read 959,928 times
I think the word "failure" is being much too kind. That word connotates that he actually tried to make this country a better place. But, on the flip side, it has been a definate success for him and his cronies. Maybe that is what he meant by "Mission Accomplished"?

But anyway, who needs a Historian to tell us the Bush Administration is a failure for America as a whole?

Most people, aside from the remaining shameless Bush apologists, don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...

Old 11-20-2007, 03:37 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Well Billy, he did almost choke on some Pretzels, are you forgetting the peak in his career ? what a missed opportunity this was !
You are stating that you wished our President died from choking? I find that in extremely poor taste, and offensive even if you put a smerky smile at the end.

I also see you are not from the U.S. If someone from the U.S stated the same sentiment regarding the leader of another country they would be considered uncouth.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:42 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
George W. Bush is the current president. Why are historians weighing in on a current event/person?

The way GWB is regarded by history won't be written definitively until long after he's out of the White House.

An excellent question, and I agree. I suspect that they have their own agenda, which has absolutely nothing to do with history.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:51 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post

I also see you are not from the U.S. If someone from the U.S stated the same sentiment regarding the leader of another country they would be considered uncouth.

Pat Robertson you have been warned!

Old 11-20-2007, 03:51 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
An excellent question, and I agree. I suspect that they have their own agenda, which has absolutely nothing to do with history.

Ahh, and what might you suspect the secret agenda of these Presidential Historians is, Glitch. Do you think the historians have never speculated about current Presidents before? That is their job...that is all they do.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,634,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
You are stating that you wished our President died from choking? I find that in extremely poor taste, and offensive even if you put a smerky smile at the end.

I guess there are a lot of uncouth people on the political forum then. Because I have seen a lot of pretty extreme sentiment regarding Chavez , Castro, Ahmadinejad, and many more besides. It was a joke anyway though I can't say I would weep for someone I ( and most of the world) consider a war criminal. Take a chill pill .

Old 11-20-2007, 04:17 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It's hardly news that university faculties are overwhelmingly left-wing. They have largely sacrificed their academic honor for partisan politics.

College Faculties A Most Liberal Lot, Study Finds (washingtonpost.com)

Old 11-20-2007, 05:00 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It's hardly news that university faculties are overwhelmingly left-wing. They have largely sacrificed their academic honor for partisan politics.

College Faculties A Most Liberal Lot, Study Finds (washingtonpost.com)
I couldn't agree more. This is just another form of indoctrination by the fanatical left. A bunch of left-wing academics get together to assess the current right-wing President, and we should be surprised by their partisanship? All too predictable, and all too meaningless.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:06 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
They may be liberal, that does not mean they can't point out a stinker when they see one.

From the article.

Yet it seems clear that a similar survey taken during the presidency of Bush’s father would not have yielded results nearly as condemnatory. And, for all the distaste liberal historians had for Ronald Reagan, relatively few would have rated his administration as worse than that of Richard Nixon. Yet today 57 percent of all the historians who participated in the survey (and 70 percent of those who see the Bush presidency as a failure) either name someone prior to Nixon or say that Bush’s presidency is the worst ever, meaning that they rate it as worse than the two presidencies in the past half century that liberals have most loved to hate, those of Nixon and Reagan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies