Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:04 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,172 times

Advertisements

Like what?

"Capturing, trying, and hanging/executing Osama sounds great to the average American, but it would create alot of side-effects the average person doesn't consider"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
I love the dismissive, casual way you speak of the Bush administration... as if you were a musical historian... speaking in retrospect of the impact Gordon Lightfoot had on the music industry.

I may not like you Bush apologists, but I gotta hand it to you - you certainly are creative in the ways you dance around admitting you are wrong.

Great stuff, indeed.
I never voted for Bush, nor do I think he is a good President. Just because I don't have a irrational hatred and foam at the mouth every time Bush's name is mentioned doesn't make me a Bush apologist.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I never voted for Bush, nor do I think he is a good President. Just because I don't have a irrational hatred and foam at the mouth every time Bush's name is mentioned doesn't make me a Bush apologist.
No, it is your constant defense of his and his administration actions that make you one.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:05 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
No, it is your constant defense of his and his administration actions that make you one.
I can certainly understand how you might confuse defending the truth with defending Bush considering that the majority of your posts have not been truthful, as you are well aware.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:07 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,311,245 times
What cannot be denied GWB is his political savy...he can tie the democrats in knots at will. He makes them look like the 3 Stooges...Moe Kennedy, Larry Reed and Curly Pelosi..and I'm sure they feel like stooges too....having that much power and it being ineffective..

As a businessman, I see Bush as a 'Closer' and as such, I see him presenting Osama to the Amerian people just to say 'the job is done'....its a military attitude thing.
He is a Commander in Chief and sees himself as the protector of this nation.

When Osama hangs things in the 'terrorist world will come to a quiet time...just like the death of the other Marxist hero, 'Che' Guervera.

It will give us some breathing time until their nukes fall on us....and Bill C. can play the saxaphone while DC burns...reminesient of a Nero playing the lyre as Rome burned.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:10 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I can certainly understand how you might confuse defending the truth with defending Bush considering that the majority of your posts have not been truthful, as you are well aware.
Like where you stated I was pushing a conspiracy theory? Still waiting for an answer on where I said that, should I hold my breath honest john?

Old 11-21-2007, 10:11 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
What cannot be denied GWB is his political savy...he can tie the democrats in knots at will. He makes them look like the 3 Stooges...Moe Kennedy, Larry Reed and Curly Pelosi..and I'm sure they feel like stooges too....having that much power and it being ineffective..

His savvy or Karl Rove's?

And the fact that he may be doing something while acting like Texas's missing village idiot does take away from any possible saving grace.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:17 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
His savvy or Karl Rove's?

And the fact that he may be doing something while acting like Texas's missing village idiot does take away from any possible saving grace.
It's funny how some folks admire left-wing actors pretending to know about politics, but have contempt for a politician with the ability to act.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:21 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,362 times
[quote=David Kennedy;2057706]
As a businessman, I see Bush as a 'Closer' and as such, I see him presenting Osama to the Amerian people just to say 'the job is done'....its a military attitude thing.
[quote]

As a businessman, I see Bush as an incompetent negotiator that can't close a deal to save his life. He tried that "Mission Accomplished" thing once, turned out to be a bit premature. Now he is going to leave his mess for the next President to clean up. And I don't know where you are getting this capture Osama thing from...Bush has said himself it doesn't matter if we get him or not, he is just one man.

Happens to be the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, but he is just one man.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:41 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It's funny how some folks admire left-wing actors pretending to know about politics, but have contempt for a politician with the ability to act.
An actor with talent can act with the ability to convince. Bush is a poor politician, also a poor actor.
What I've often wondered, exactly what is Bush's talent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies