Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:41 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
What cannot be denied GWB is his political savy...he can tie the democrats in knots at will. He makes them look like the 3 Stooges...Moe Kennedy, Larry Reed and Curly Pelosi..and I'm sure they feel like stooges too....having that much power and it being ineffective..

As a businessman, I see Bush as a 'Closer' and as such, I see him presenting Osama to the Amerian people just to say 'the job is done'....its a military attitude thing.
He is a Commander in Chief and sees himself as the protector of this nation.

When Osama hangs things in the 'terrorist world will come to a quiet time...just like the death of the other Marxist hero, 'Che' Guervera.

It will give us some breathing time until their nukes fall on us....and Bill C. can play the saxaphone while DC burns...reminesient of a Nero playing the lyre as Rome burned.
I do not believe we elect any President who is not mentally and politically capable of holding the office, whether it is a Democrat or a Republican.

With regard to Osama, I'm not as confident as you that things will quiet down with his demise. bin Laden is more of a mouthpiece than a planner. He focuses on the "big picture" not the details. Capturing or killing Osama will certainly give whomever is responsible a big PR boost, but otherwise I doubt it will have much effect on the morale of existing terrorist cells or foil any existing terrorist plots.

Militarily speaking, Bush's biggest mistake is to leave terrorist sponsoring governments intact. Once these international terrorist organizations no longer have the financial and material support, training, and shelter of other governments, then it ceases to be a military operation and the war against terrorism becomes a criminal operation to round up existing terrorist cells.

Politically speaking, Bush learned from the political mistakes of his father. Fighting a war in the correct manner, winning decisively, and then immediately pulling out US troops will not get you reelected. That is why Bush intentionally prolonged the Iraq war and turned the conflict into a Nation Building exercise - to gain support in the 2004 election. What was good, politically, for Bush, was not good for the rest of the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 AM

559 posts, read 1,324,480 times
You know, its not just Bush's poor leadership that makes me dislike him as a president, but the way he has that "Im better than you" attitude and smirk whenever he talks or is on TV. It not only angers me, but frankly, it's kind of creepy! The same thing with VP Cheney! Does anyone else notice the semi-evil grin on their face whenever they speak, or is it just me????

Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
You know, its not just Bush's poor leadership that makes me dislike him as a president, but the way he has that "Im better than you" attitude and smirk whenever he talks or is on TV. It not only angers me, but frankly, it's kind of creepy! The same thing with VP Cheney! Does anyone else notice the semi-evil grin on their face whenever they speak, or is it just me????
Bush has been a very poor leader, that much is certainly true. The rest is all you.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It's funny how some folks admire left-wing actors pretending to know about politics, but have contempt for a politician with the ability to act.

The problem is I don't think he's acting like an idiot, if he is he deserves a special Oscar for a stunningly bulletproof performance.

And I wasn't too impressed with the 'B' actor who armed an enemy of the US either.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The problem is I don't think he's acting like an idiot, if he is he deserves a special Oscar for a stunningly bulletproof performance.

And I wasn't too impressed with the 'B' actor who armed an enemy of the US either.
I agree with that sad truth.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times
Quote:

He did not get a Oscar, but he did get a Razzie back in 2004 for worst leading actor! (Farienhieht 9/11).

Old 11-21-2007, 06:57 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
A country was armed (Iraq) because they were fighting what was at the time the enemy of the U.S. (Iran).
The U.S. government did not want either side to win the Iraq-Iran war (1980-'88); that's why arms were supplied to Iraq. And it worked- neither side won.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:10 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
And this was in a poll in 2004...imagine what it would be today. Yikes.

er-Great going President Bush

Historians vs. George W. Bush
this just in! 81% of presidential historians politically liberal!

Old 11-21-2007, 07:22 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
No, I can't say that I noticed the "semi-evil grin".

And Bush is very likeable person. If you feel inferior to him I think it is your problem. When it was Bush vs Gore in the election even the media continually pointed out that Bush was much more comfortable interaction with people, much more of a people person than the stiff Gore.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:55 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A country was armed (Iraq) because they were fighting what was at the time the enemy of the U.S. (Iran).
The U.S. government did not want either side to win the Iraq-Iran war (1980-'88); that's why arms were supplied to Iraq. And it worked- neither side won.

Uh, you're a little off base there. Reagan removed Iraq from our enemies list and it was Iran, an enmey of the US, that was supplied with weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies