Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 05:18 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
They may be liberal, that does not mean they can't point out a stinker when they see one.
Actually, it does. Just the fact that they are liberal means that they have no honor or any sense of right or wrong, everything is relative to them. Therefore, they are not burdened by objectivity, reality, or the truth, only their political agenda matters to them. Which is why nothing they say means anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 05:21 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, it does. Just the fact that they are liberal means that they have no honor or any sense of right or wrong, everything is relative to them. Therefore, they are not burdened by objectivity, reality, or the truth, only their political agenda matters to them. Which is why nothing they say means anything.
Stated like a true believer! If you have a different view then me you do not exist...I always wondered where those 25% Bush supporters came from.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Stated like a true believer! If you have a different view then me you do not exist...I always wondered where those 25% Bush supporters came from.

Who said I support Bush? I never voted for him, nor do I think he has been a very effective President. This thread is about the rant of 81% liberally biased historians, remember?

Old 11-20-2007, 05:55 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Bily4, it would not matter if God himself parted the clouds above and in a booming voice heard by every human being on planet earth that George W Bush is a lousy President, there will be those who stand up and claim that God must be a liberal so thus really a pro-evil Satan worshiping homosexual loving American hater.

Truth is of no real concern to those who place what they believe above fact, this is why we have seen such a rise in faith based politics in the past 8 years.

For the rest, the world is just white hat equals good guy and black hat equals bad guy, and that is that.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:02 PM

478 posts, read 959,802 times
Quote:
This thread is about the rant of 81% liberally biased historians, remember?
No. Actually, I think it should be about the 19% of mentally confused historians who think Georgie is doing just fine.

My theory is... they are neo-liberals who got a hold of some of Rush Limbaugh's prescription medication....in some sort of Timothy Leary acid experiment gone wrong.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
No. Actually, I think it should be about the 19% of mentally confused historians who think Georgie is doing just fine.

My theory is... they are neo-liberals who got a hold of some of Rush Limbaugh's prescription medication....in some sort of Timothy Leary acid experiment gone wrong.
They never said he was doing fine either, just not the failure the other 81% claim. In the end Bush will be just another unremarkable two-term President that nobody will remember in 100+ years, like Grover Cleveland or Ulysses Grant.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:38 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
They never said he was doing fine either, just not the failure the other 81% claim. In the end Bush will be just another unremarkable two-term President that nobody will remember in 100+ years, like Grover Cleveland or Ulysses Grant.
About 100+ years just might be the time needed to repair the damage from the Bush Fiasco.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Bily4, it would not matter if God himself parted the clouds above and in a booming voice heard by every human being on planet earth that George W Bush is a lousy President, there will be those who stand up and claim that God must be a liberal so thus really a pro-evil Satan worshiping homosexual loving American hater.

Truth is of no real concern to those who place what they believe above fact, this is why we have seen such a rise in faith based politics in the past 8 years.

For the rest, the world is just white hat equals good guy and black hat equals bad guy, and that is that.
I tried to give you 1,000 rep points at once for this, but for some reason it didn't work.

Bravo, bravo.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I love the dismissive, casual way you speak of the Bush administration... as if you were a musical historian... speaking in retrospect of the impact Gordon Lightfoot had on the music industry.

I may not like you Bush apologists, but I gotta hand it to you - you certainly are creative in the ways you dance around admitting you are wrong.

Great stuff, indeed.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:01 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
What I really LIKE about GWB is the fact that he can tie the democrats up in polictial knots and laugh at their stupidity...Pelosi, Reed, are in the minor leagues.

He will have the biggest and longest laugh when he presents a captured Osama to our military courts for hanging.
That would be VERY surprising. And at the cost of what? I thought he said the war would pay for itself in the oil from Iraq? How many lost lives are still being counted everyday?

If you think he's gonna give us Osama, then I for one wish he would do it before one more American life is lost.

Bush probably can't tie his own shoes let alone political knots.
OBTW> I remember Bush stating that he doesn't spend much time on Osama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies