Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 08:09 AM

775 posts, read 1,259,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You got a link to back up what you are claiming? Obama promised affordable care not free.
Still not true....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 08:10 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
How is ACA a whole stinkin' mess simply if in your case you pay slightly higher premiums, if it guarantees you the ability to buy insurance at about the same cost (okay in your case slightly higher) if you lose your job, which would be impossible had ACA not passed? Sure, maybe you have a really secure job and your only worry are the slightly higher premiums but for others who can finally get insurance after being denied for many years, it's not a whole stinkin' mess for them.
What about all the folks that DO have secure jobs and are still losing coverage? I guess your sympathies only lie in the takers, not the doers?

As for those folks that can "finally get coverage" - with costs and deductibles through the roof, they STILL won't be able to afford it, even with subsidies. I had to get my own insurance (changed jobs), and have a pre-existing. I managed to find coverage. I was denied through one insurer, but got it with the next.

I almost puked this morning when Waxman went on and on during the hearing about those that "lose their insurance because they have an illness". No mention AT ALL about those that are losing it NOW, for no reason other than ObamaCare. I guess the middle class doesn't count?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:13 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well then that person could probably qualify for Medicaid or possibly subsidies come tax time to reduce their cost in health insurance if their income is low enough.
Great. Let's get everybody onto those plans. And who exactly will pay for it?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Under ACA, my husband and I will not be allowed to keep our affordable health care plan. We will be required to sign up for a more expensive one that we do not need or pay a significant penalty. Do we pay this penalty each year for the rest of our lives? An ACA 'expert' in California told a family member that it is.

What happened to the promise that "if you like your current plan, you can keep it"? Apparently, Obama and his cronies knew that wasn't going to be the case at all. They lied before the elections and now they don't give a d*mn what American citizens think or how it affects them. Obama's agenda--by ANY means necessary.

If this fraud--or Benghazi or the IRS scandal--had been performed by a conservative president, liberals would be hysterically demanding he/she be impeached. Why isn't anyone holding Obama accountable? His arrogance is staggering.
What happened to the promise that you could keep your current plan? Well that *promise* is sort of true. He just left out the part where come Jan. 2014 you could be dropped. And the part about you may be able to keep it but it will cost more.

He must have forgot to mention that

Old 10-30-2013, 08:17 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Depends on how much you are being paid at work. Do you want to work for minimum wage for basically free health care?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Exactly! I've asked numerous times WHO is going to pay for the subsidies, but the Obamacare cheerleaders won't answer the question.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:59 AM

Me too. I guess if you dodge the question enough people will stop asking and just (like ACA supporters say) accept it

Old 10-30-2013, 10:00 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I never heard that offer. I think only stupid people thought that.
You are so right. Just Obama voters. Everyone else knew better.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nah, the poster claims to work for a company that advises other companies to drop their insurance to increase their profits.
STOP THE MADNESS.

I work for a healthcare management company. We do not sell or manage insurance.

We made decisions within our own company based on our particular situation. This was not a decision lightly made and included input and discussion from all employees. I dare say many companies have actually held a discussion at that level, as to what was the "best of a bad situation" and how can we work it out within the framework and choices given.

If your employer and you and your family have been able to keep the same policy and no increases and everyone is satisfied, GOOD FOR YOU!

As evidenced by the discussion in the media, on forums such as this one, I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON DEALING WITH A DISAPPOINTING SITUATION IN RE: TO HEALTHCARE INSURANCE.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:42 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You are so right. Just Obama voters. Everyone else knew better.
EXACTLY. Which is the point of this thread.

That and . . . the lies . . . Of course, anyone who knows anything about insurance policies was dubious when Obama kept saying "you can keep your policy" and "you can keep your doc."

I knew the moment I heard that rhetoric and spin coming out of Obama's mouth that he wasn't discussing HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST, though, to KEEP THAT POLICY.

What I wasn't prepared for was that ACA would force insurance companies to include coverage I NEITHER WANT NOR NEED in an attempt to spread the actuarial risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies