Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 11:15 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,271,772 times

Advertisements

I found the friend.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 11:29 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Yup! Worthless law rammed down our by throats by worthless people..

Vote every Dem out in 2014!!
I take it that you support giving Begich his walking papers in 2014, right?

I do not know who will be Alaska's Junior Senator after the 2014 election, but one thing is absolutely certain - it will not be Mark Begich.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:33 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
2014 = $95 per person per year or 1% of your Income
2015 = $325 per person per year or 2% of your Income
2016 = $695 per person per year or 2.5% of your Income
2017 = Tax Penalty will increase by the rate of inflation going forward, or 2.5% of your Income
2017 adjusted for inflation? But when the government started the AMT the tax meant to tax so called rich people they didn't include an adjustment for inflation meaning it creeps down the income ladder and middle class is now considered rich. Thank god for the dems allowing you to keep the Bush tax cuts.

Middle class, never think you will never be in the bullseye, it looks like as time goes on you will be right in the center of it.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:37 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And if you have no refund, they WILL come after your assets. You would have to be really dumb to think they won't. Do you actually think they will just ignore the fact that after a few years of not paying the fine or having a refund for them to take you will owe them a serious amount of money? Not in a million years, they will take your earnings or your property.
I am hoping the IRS does precisely that. I intentionally canceled my Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy effective October 1, 2013, and I will not obtain health care insurance from any source. Nor will I provide the IRS with any information concerning my health care insurance coverage. I am a sole-proprietor, which means I file my taxes quarterly and I have not had a refund in more than 25 years.

I want the IRS to assess a fine/tax/penalty against me for not buying health care insurance. It is the only way I can get standing in the courts. Once IRS has assessed a fine/tax/penalty against me, without the benefit of a trial, I can sue the federal government for violating Article I, Section 9, Clause 2 of the US Constitution that specifically prohibits "bills of attainder."

The Affordable Health Care Act of 2010 violates the US Constitution by depriving all those assessed a fine/tax/penalty from "due process."

Old 10-30-2013, 11:44 AM

28 posts, read 48,847 times
I'm not sure what I'm going to do right now. I received a notice from Kaiser Health Care stating that my plan will no longer be available in January. I pay $398 a month for my wife and I right now. To get the same coverage my cost will go up to $927 a month with a deductible that is almost tripled. This is insane!

Old 10-30-2013, 11:44 AM

511 posts, read 800,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I found the friend.
It's a viral post that my friend shared on his FB wall. Looks like it is all bogus:

PolitiFact | A closer look at a Facebook post on a man's struggle with the Obamacare marketplace

I still stand by my original point that Obamacare gives the government full permission to impose a heavy tax burden on the middle class. $95 is manageable. Put $600 or more in just a few years? I can imagine there will be a lot of angry young people out there.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:48 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,178,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrfinished View Post
I'm not sure what I'm going to do right now. I received a notice from Kaiser Health Care stating that my plan will no longer be available in January. I pay $398 a month for my wife and I right now. To get the same coverage my cost will go up to $927 a month with a deductible that is almost tripled. This is insane!

That is the cost of being forced to pay for people who should never have been insured in the first place.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:49 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Your friend is a liar (no offense).

1. The IRS has virtually no way to collect the fine. The IRS was intentionally barred from using normal collection methods.
2. It's not possible for the fine to reach $4K anytime in the foreseeable future for your friend.
3. The fine is limited to 2.5% of your MAGI, that is the MAX.
4. 2.5% of $55K is $1375.
The IRS cannot go AFTER anyone. What they can do: if you are getting a refund they can deduct it from your refund. If the fine exceeds the refund, the IRS will send a bill. At that point (as of now that is) they cannot go after anyone who doesn't pay the bill. It is a bill to be paid, not income tax owed. More than likely that legislation will change when the penalties mount up and IRS becomes a bill collector and allowed to go after your pay check, your bank account, enforce liens.

Interesting - this link mentions those that are exempt from fines.

Obamacare Penalties: 3 Things to Know Before 2014 - DailyFinance

Old 10-30-2013, 11:58 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,271,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
It's a viral post that my friend shared on his FB wall. Looks like it is all bogus:

PolitiFact | A closer look at a Facebook post on a man's struggle with the Obamacare marketplace

I still stand by my original point that Obamacare gives the government full permission to impose a heavy tax burden on the middle class. $95 is manageable. Put $600 or more in just a few years? I can imagine there will be a lot of angry young people out there.
Probably, but not because of the individual mandate and associated taxes. My taxes were $4000 higher this year because I didn't marry my girlfriend; that's a heck of a lot more than $695.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:59 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The IRS cannot go AFTER anyone. What they can do: if you are getting a refund they can deduct it from your refund. If the fine exceeds the refund, the IRS will send a bill. At that point (as of now that is) they cannot go after anyone who doesn't pay the bill. It is a bill to be paid, not income tax owed. More than likely that legislation will change when the penalties mount up and IRS becomes a bill collector and allowed to go after your pay check, your bank account, enforce liens.

Interesting - this link mentions those that are exempt from fines.

Obamacare Penalties: 3 Things to Know Before 2014 - DailyFinance
Do you want to live with knowing that the IRS says you owe them money? I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies