Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 04:32 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,287,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The 'spin' was placed by Obama's propaganda's machine, what do you expect?
What spin? I see the things Republicans say and do, both those in the public eye and those who support them, and conclude they're fools of the highest order. I thought that when they were accusing Clinton of murder, I thought that throughout the administration between Clinton's and Obama's, and I think that now. Don't blame Obama because Republicans make themselves look like idiots.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:37 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,394,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The stimulus was going to reduce unemployment. Go back and look at what President Obama told us when it passed.

It failed even by your measure. The very definition of the word "stimulate" does not mean "maintain" and cannot be considered a success.

Your list is full of failures.
Yes and most respected economists said it was of insufficient size. Imagine that. The crisis was bigger then was forecast. Now of course in hindsight its 20/20. And the Republicans resisted efforts to make it large enough.

But I didnt list the stimilus, I listed things like eliminating Osama, getting us out of wars, thinks like that. So you're not reading what I wrote, you're just spewing talking points and being negative.

Again...name things that the Republicans have positively accomplished. This is hilarious, people keep asking that, and inevitably you folks turn and start decrying Obama.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
"Healthcare.gov web site opening day sucked."
I'm wondering what they are going to run with the next time? "You didn't build that." Remember that one?
What have they done lately? I think of that sometimes. "We obstructed, real good." Maybe they can run with that.

I can't think of 1 thing in the last year that had a positive spin for Republicans.
Can you?
Try the last 20 years! Republicans have been a cancer on this society.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Try the last 20 years! Republicans have been a cancer on this society.
Sigh. thats not true either, going back to Bush I can find several things he did that were positive. He extended federal benefits to same sex couples, he signed an executive order banning federal eminent domain seizures, stuff like that. But the current republicans? Look at this thread, they can't name one single thing. Seriously, not even ONE. I figured we would get something.....anything...but nada.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:47 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,842,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sigh. thats not true either, going back to Bush I can find several things he did that were positive. He extended federal benefits to same sex couples, he signed an executive order banning federal eminent domain seizures, stuff like that. But the current republicans? Look at this thread, they can't name one single thing. Seriously, not even ONE. I figured we would get something.....anything...but nada.
Bush did some great things. Yes, yes he did. He had some flubs, too. But he had some winners, as well.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:48 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
"Healthcare.gov web site opening day sucked."
I'm wondering what they are going to run with the next time? "You didn't build that." Remember that one?
What have they done lately? I think of that sometimes. "We obstructed, real good." Maybe they can run with that.

I can't think of 1 thing in the last year that had a positive spin for Republicans.
Can you?
How strange you would say that. I can't think of anything that would have a "positive spin" for Democrats. Can you?

Old 10-30-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well the repubs have been saying that people will lose their insurance....so you are right, there have been NO spins...I can think of either....
So true. They have also said health insurance would become more expensive. No spin there. we are seeing it.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:50 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,842,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
How strange you would say that. I can't think of anything that would have a "positive spin" for Democrats. Can you?
Already said yep in my other post that you read. Why do you ask me again?
You did read it, right?

Old 10-30-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You know how I can tell you haven't read this thread?

LOL.
Tell you what, heres a list of 50 JUST from Obama:
Obama’s Top 50 Accomplishments by Paul Glastris, Ryan Cooper, and Siyu Hu | The Washington Monthly

Old 10-30-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Trying to stop me from losing my health care insurance that I liked. Unfortunately Democrats got there way. My insurance policy is being terminated due to Obamacare and to replace it my monthly premiums and deductibles are way up and I now get to pay for your insurance... of course you would like that.
This was by design. Obama knew it. This is how he gets to "single payer."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.