Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 12:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
Sad and disgusting, really. We are fostering one of those kids you describe above. Premature, genetic problems, can't feed by mouth, lifetime care required.

Baby momma wasn't "gonna get no damn abortion" but she also can't get a job, doesn't have the skills to care for a medically fragile baby (and is not interested in acquiring those skills), spends most of her time drunk or stoned, is borderline homeless after getting kicked out of one relative's home after another, and she has lost all rights to her child.

Makes you prouderthan$hit to be a taxpayer, don't it?

Tod: "You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming ***hole be a father." [from the movie "Parenthood"]
ONE CASE out of 47 million who receive food stamps. THAT'S the point. Not all 47 million are like that. You people cannot even PROVE that the majority of people receiving food stamps are like YOUR ONE CASE. ONE out of 47 million.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:22 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You people cannot even PROVE that the majority of people receiving food stamps are like YOUR ONE CASE.
And you can't PROVE that their not.

Personally, I don't think they all are... but... there is definitely a large segment that are. And those are the ones we all need to be concerned about. They care not that in their own way they are doing even twice as much damage to the working-poor as to themselves. If they weren't scamming, there'd be more pie for those truly in need. But that's okay right... as long as someone gets theirs to hell with others? And as long as someone else is paying for it?

Old 11-06-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then why don't they know who the fathers are and have them help provide support? The kids have two parents, so there are two to provide support.
For what seems like the thousandth time, PROVE that even the majority of people who receive food stamps are unwed, single minority women with children.

Just tell us how many people who receive food stamps are single, minority women with children??? Out of 47 million what is the number?

Your negative bias is toward minority, single women who need help feeding their children. So why don't you just say THAT? Why cast aspersions on ALL people who receive food stamps? I know it's hard to change deeply engrained thought patterns, but try. It's good for your brain.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
You're asking me to prove a negative?

I can, however, give you anecdotal evidence based on the people I have met who need food stamps as being white low income people and the elderly.

You are starting off ASSUMING that most people on welfare/food stamps are single, minority women with children. It's your obligation to prove that if you're going to use the argument that public assistance should be stopped because the majority of the money is going to minorities who are lazy and have babies just to get more public assistance.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post

Personally, I don't think they all are... but... there is definitely a large segment that are. And those are the ones we all need to be concerned about. They care not that in their own way they are doing even twice as much damage to the working-poor as to themselves. If they weren't scamming, there'd be more pie for those truly in need. But that's okay right... as long as someone gets theirs to hell with others? And as long as someone else is paying for it?
We'll never know about the food stamp program because the USDA will not release any data.

The lifeline program got audited and 41% of the subscribers did not qualify for a free phone.
If that's any indication than most of these means tested programs are being scammed by a huge number of people.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:29 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
For what seems like the thousandth time, PROVE that even the majority of people who receive food stamps are unwed, single minority women with children.

Just tell us how many people who receive food stamps are single, minority women with children??? Out of 47 million what is the number?

Your negative bias is toward minority, single women who need help feeding their children. So why don't you just say THAT? Why cast aspersions on ALL people who receive food stamps? I know it's hard to change deeply engrained thought patterns, but try. It's good for your brain.
Actually, that's pretty common. The recipients are the kids though, but the moms are usually single and unwed. I'm not sure why your focus is on minorities though. Minorities are not the only people that can get food stamps.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We'll never know about the food stamp program because the USDA will not release any data.

The lifeline program got audited and 41% of the subscribers did not qualify for a free phone.
If that's any indication than most of these means tested programs are being scammed by a huge number of people.
So you think 41% of the 47 million who receive food stamps don't really need the assistance and are cheating?

You do realize that food stamps were taken out of the Farm Bill, aren't you?

Old 11-06-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Actually, that's pretty common. The recipients are the kids though, but the moms are usually single and unwed. I'm not sure why your focus is on minorities though. Minorities are not the only people that can get food stamps.
Minorities are not my focus. They are the focus of the many here who continue to argue that people continue to have babies so they can collect welfare.........SURELY you've heard of the "Welfare Queen" stereotype. That's what they're referring to. Google it.

In this forum, it seems that for many the words "Dem" or "Democrat" or poor people is just code for a certain minority. many posters have assumed that I'm black because I advocate for the poor.

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:

I can, however, give you anecdotal evidence based on the people I have met who need food stamps as being white low income people and the elderly.
Why would we believe you? Canyon Cat gave personal anecdotal evidence and you blaster him/her. So just because YOU say it we should believe it? Who died and left you in charge?

872 posts, read 828,115 times
Quote:
ONE CASE out of 47 million who receive food stamps. THAT'S the point. Not all 47 million are like that. You people cannot even PROVE that the majority of people receiving food stamps are like YOUR ONE CASE. ONE out of 47 million.

1,900 committing food stamp fraud

Sentencing scheduled in $6 million food stamp fraud case | Latest News | Macon.com

“This type of fraud is very prevalent, and very little activity is undertaken by USDA — or anyone else — to stop it,” Rector said. “Moreover, the larger type of fraud is simply someone who sells the card itself, or someone who is employed and doesn’t report that to the food-stamp office.”
“My estimate would be that 20-25 percent of food-stamp recipients probably have a ‘hidden job.’ There’s no effort to stop that type of fraud at all,” Rector added.

Cleveland Men Indicted For $780,000 in Food Stamp Fraud

A shocking situation unfolded in Louisiana over the weekend, after a glitch in the Electronic Benefits Transfer system allowed government food stamp recipients to make purchases sans any spending limits.

Food Stamp glitch sparks massive shopping frenzy in Louisiana – Glenn Beck

According to charging documents, Wheaton was eligible to receive about $500 worth of Food Stamps from April 2008 to September 2009, but was overpaid about $11,600 because she concealed the fact that her husband was working and earning an income at the time.

Juneau woman accused of Food Stamp fraud | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

The Mifflin County resident was collecting food stamps from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, but failed to report the number of people living in her home and the amount of money earned by a member of her household from January 2009 to October 2010.
As a result, Shank was overpaid by more than $3,200 in SNAP benefits, to which she was not entitled, according to the state Office of Inspector General.

PA, Corbett continue fight against food stamp fraud | PA Independent

It's mainly people misrepresenting how many people are in their household and that sort of thing," he said. Those folks get their food stamp privileges suspended for six months or more.

Cleaning up after food stamp fraud a messy business » Knoxville News Sentinel

Peggy Sullivan was given a government-issued debit card to buy groceries in Wisconsin at the same time she was collecting the same public assistance benefit in South Carolina-a modest scam that earned the 38-year-old more than $1,000.

Angela Bain, a 20-year-old Milwaukee woman, had $43 left on a taxpayer-funded "Quest" card when she sold it to somebody else for $20.

Forty-eight-year-old Kathleen Parr falsely claimed that her son lived with her in Pewaukee for eight months when he was actually living with his father in Mukwonago-a lie worth about $1,400 in federal food money.

The Wisconsin Policy Research Institute

Gary, Ill., was hit by a repeat *********, dipping his hands in the food stamp pool throughout the state. (If he were a cartoon, I’d imagine a drawing of him plastered in large food stamps.)Court records indicated that the man was previously barred from the food stamp program in 2005 based on prior charges of illegally purchasing food stamps for pennies on the dollar at his own Chicago-based grocery store and reimbursing them for cash. (If you fail in one city or town, move to another.)

Caught Red Handed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies