Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:46 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,857,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course entrepreneurs don't start businesses to create jobs duh! But if an entrepreneur is successful and enough demand is created they will hire people to help fill that demand.

Democrats act like that profit motivation is a bad thing and begrudge the very success that results in jobs. Funny thing is those very people who think profit (making money) is a bad thing want jobs to make money.
no they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 09:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
TAX THE RICH. And democrats voted for Obama because Obama lied to them and told them that the small business owner rich. Obama did not run on raising taxes on the wealthy. He got away with it because Obama supporters don't know the difference between high income and wealthy

Obama (net worth $12 million)
Reid (net worth $5 million)
Pelosi (net worth $35 million)

Dont' be so naive to believe for a minute that these politicians will write laws that hurt their own pocketbook.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
The alternative was McCain or Romney for president ....... How much are they worth......?

Sad you late your hate blind you.
Who is demanding higher taxes? Obama, Reid, Pelosi.

Sorry you let your ignorance of finance and your jealousy blind you.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,126,729 times
Quote:
Who is demanding higher taxes? Obama, Reid, Pelosi.

Sorry you let your ignorance of finance and your jealousy blind you.
Ok..... Is that why you ignored my previous reply to you?

Quote:
So then demand generally precedes supply?

Profit motivation is great. Democrats acting like it is bad thing is just a false strawman created to prop up a silly argument.

The issue of job creation here in 2013 is pretty complex. One factor that doesn't include govt taxation or regulations is globalization and technology.

Profit vs Wages

Simple fact of the matter is that companies and businesses have gotten really good at stretching a dollar.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,976,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I know many who own their own business in my community. No there are not wealthy but they do a great business because the community supports them. They have no complaints about government. But these are mom and pop stores, not the wealthy.
Then you haven't listened to them.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:40 PM

32,095 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Then you haven't listened to them.
I am talking about my community

Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469
I know many who own their own business in my community. No there are not wealthy but they do a great business because the community supports them. They have no complaints about government. But these are mom and pop stores, not the wealthy.
No you were talking about business who provide a service or a product that the community wants therefor they were willing to pay money to buy that product or service. It's not like Obamacare... they can not force anyone in your community to buy from them. If their product or service was not good people would not buy it.

Last edited by petch751; 11-01-2013 at 10:55 PM..

Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 PM

32,095 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
No you were talking about business who provide a service or a product that the community wants.
Ah, no I wasn't. I think you meant to quote someone else.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
So then demand generally precedes supply?
Not quite: Study microeconomics. Before anyone can trade, BOTH must produce excess with which to trade. It is not the production that benefits either, it is the trade. In a barter economy, everyone needs to produce something valuable, or cannot engage in trade - unless the one who produces nothing steals from someone else.

Once you use a currency to denominate trade, then currency can be counterfeited, printing more demand than than production. In this case, production becomes imbalanced toward those things which are likely not truly needed, and since more demand is produced than supply is produced, apparent prices continue to spiral, decreasing the value of what those who have worked at producing now hold. It is theft from those those who produced.

This reality cannot be contravened by fancy theories, or academics pretending to write out long equations. People pretending to be smart cannot engage in "monetary policy" and pretend to fund a nation by artificial demand.

Quote:
Profit motivation is great. Democrats acting like it is bad thing is just a false strawman created to prop up a silly argument.

The issue of job creation here in 2013 is pretty complex. One factor that doesn't include govt taxation or regulations is globalization and technology.

Profit vs Wages

Simple fact of the matter is that companies and businesses have gotten really good at stretching a dollar.
They have to.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am talking about my community
As one of those people who ran a "mom and pop" enterprise, and knowing the majority of people who ran enterprises in MY community... There wasn't a single one that didn't complain about how government hurt them. After all, it IS reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies