Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:24 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times

Advertisements

As a conservative, I see the political affiliation of people like this and generally think 'so what'. My only complaint is that when the Gabby Gifford shooting happened, the medics were still on the scene when people on this board started claiming the shooter was a crazy Palin supporter, etc (which it turned out, he wasn't). It was plenty political then but now that this shooter appears to be a Democrat, we should keep political affiliation out of it? Sorry, but the hypocrisy is rather blatant here.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:45 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
Liberals need to stop calling people bomb throwers, hostage takers, etc....it just insights violence.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:46 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
This … is just about the most hilarious thing I've ever read on this forum.

This coming from the party of …

"They should just keep their legs shut."

"They should make better choices."

"They should work harder."

"They should plan better."

"They should have more ambition."

"They should be smarter."

Really, is there any group of people more simplistic than conservatives? Not a single, solitary actual idea for solving the nation's problems. Just an endless list of self-righteous, moral platitudes that serve only to bolster their idea of their own superiority.

Really, pnwmdk, I have to congratulate you on your stunning hypocrisy. You truly have achieved some kind of new standard here on P&OC. [applauds]
That's strange... Because SOLVING these problems revolves around...

Keeping their legs closed
Making better choices
Working harder
Planning better
Acting smarter
Being more ambitious in your outlook

Those ARE the solutions. They are all individual actions and choices that when combined chart the course of a person's life. This is absolutely inescapable. What's more informative, is that you criticize people for advocating the actual solutions.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:52 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
That's strange... Because SOLVING these problems revolves around...

Keeping their legs closed
Making better choices
Working harder
Planning better
Acting smarter
Being more ambitious in your outlook

Those ARE the solutions. They are all individual actions and choices that when combined chart the course of a person's life. This is absolutely inescapable. What's more informative, is that you criticize people for advocating the actual solutions.
That may be so, but per usual you failed to make the correlation between what you have posted and the topic. Mass shootings and liberal ideals.

What is the conservative solution to mass shootings? Should we all just keep our legs closed?

Old 11-02-2013, 09:54 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
I knew it would turn out that he is a democrat. I think it would also be interesting to know toxicology results. Probably a dopehead democrat.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:55 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
That may be so, but per usual you failed to make the correlation between what you have posted and the topic. Mass shootings and liberal ideals.

What is the conservative solution to mass shootings? Should we all just keep our legs closed?
Nah, conservative logic would be we all need to be armed so at any time we can shoot someone that has a gun if we feel our life is in danger.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I knew it would turn out that he is a democrat. I think it would also be interesting to know toxicology results. Probably a dopehead democrat.
Nothing has turned out that information. It was false information from an idiot right wing radio guy.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:59 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
If he were a Republican, it would have been announced an hour after his arrest.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:04 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It seems that these shooters are insane people. Who helps insane people acquire deadly weapons? Republicans.
Another good one!

Old 11-02-2013, 10:05 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Paul Ciancia, the LAX shooter, is reportedly a registered Democrat.
His victim's body was probably still inside the terminal when you posted this.

Not that you care about the victim. Or his family. Nah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies