Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 PM

904 posts, read 687,866 times

Advertisements

Why?

Do you think it's true?

If it is, why won't they report the rise in racial crime? Do they think it will cause a race war? Do you think it will reflect poorly on the whole community?

As the story reports. The first question of 911 operator's and Peace officers is to ask skin color of the perp.

Yet the news media finds it a non issue... unless of course you are white or light latino and the crime is against a black person.

Newspapers directed: Cover up black violence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 01:11 PM

11,259 posts, read 11,028,294 times
They barely even report black on black crime. The color of the victim only seems to matter when there is an agenda involved.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:18 PM

904 posts, read 687,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
They barely even report black on black crime. The color of the victim only seems to matter when there is an agenda involved.
If i remember, they report the weekly kill rate in parts of South Chicago. Where no white's live.
So do you think there is an agenda against white people, or light skinned latino's?

Old 11-04-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
If i remember, they report the weekly kill rate in parts of South Chicago. Where no white's live.
So do you think there is an agenda against white people, or light skinned latino's?
I don't think is has to do with an agenda against any particular race. I just think it's that more crime is comitted by black males per their percentage of the population compared to any other race that it really just doesn't qualify as news anymore. A simple look at prison system racial make-up answers the question well enough.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:26 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
I don't think is has to do with an agenda against any particular race. I just think it's that more crime is comitted by black males per their percentage of the population compared to any other race that it really just doesn't qualify as news anymore. A simple look at prison system racial make-up answers the question well enough.
In addition, it isn't considered newsworthy that Blacks are murdered more than anyone else in the USA, and are the #1 victim of murder in this nation.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In addition, it isn't considered newsworthy that Blacks are murdered more than anyone else in the USA, and are the #1 victim of murder in this nation.
Agreed. See post #2.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
They ask the color because it makes it easy to separate out a % of the population. they also ask sex since that is half right there. and then go through other questions that are often not as helpful.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:32 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
As I recall when I lived in Chi-Town back in the 70's, out of hundreds of murders there were but a few percent black killing white. So it's probably still there, just not reported very often.

I used to work the second closest ER to Cabrini-Green, and only saw black gun shot victims.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:33 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Any kind of crime requires some kind of "flashiness" in order for it to be newsworthy. Most crimes don't get reported in the news, at least not in a spectacular way. Crime is nothing new.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:34 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Why are you cons so obsessed with race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies