Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 01:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post

If i remember, they report the weekly kill rate in parts of South Chicago. Where no white's live.
Shootings in Chicago get national attention. The majority of such shootings are gang related and occur in black communities. It's black on black crime.

Chicago is not in the top ten of cities for gun homicides. One would not know this, given the national attention shootings receive in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 01:44 PM

904 posts, read 687,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Shootings in Chicago get national attention. The majority of such shootings are gang related and occur in black communities. It's black on black crime.

Chicago is not in the top ten of cities for gun homicides. One would not know this, given the national attention shootings receive in Chicago.
FBI: Chicago passes New York as murder capital of U.S.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Why are you cons so obsessed with race?
Not a con.. not obsessed, as a person of color, i wonder why the cover up?

NO problem was ever solved by hiding the facts.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Any kind of crime requires some kind of "flashiness" in order for it to be newsworthy. Most crimes don't get reported in the news, at least not in a spectacular way. Crime is nothing new.
Flashiness? please explain.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:49 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
And you clearly can't read.

I said the part of South Chicago where no whites live.

If you know S. Chi.. you'd know, that no white would ever go into some area's.

BTW... I'm not a Conservative, and I am not white.
Quote:

FYI, I didn't say you were white or a conservative lol. I said that white people live on the Southside. That is all.

And your second post above is in regards to the actual murders in Chicago, please note the tally of murders does not take into effect the "murder rate." Chicago is still not in the top 10 cities with the highest murder rate, neither is NYC. From your article:

Quote:
But residents of Chicago and New York were much less likely to be victims of a
homicide than residents of Flint, Mich.
Flint and Detroit have a high murder rate. One is more likely to be killed in both of those cities than in either Chicago or New York City.

And FYI, I live in Atlanta. Atlanta's murder rate has fallen and I believe we fell out of the top 10 in the past few years, which is good. But on our local news stations, they do report black on white crime all the time. Also white on black crime and black on Hispanic crime and black on black crime and white on white crime and so on.

I also get WGN and watch Chicago news sometimes (my husband is from Chicago - on the southside I might add and is from a neighborhood which is not considered that great, a few white people even live in my mother in law's neighborhood and not far from her neighborhood is the Pullman neighborhood which is about 40% white). On WGN, they frequently show pictures and give descriptions of subjects. The last time I watched it they said an Asian man was found in Chicago who had killed his family in NYC the week before in Chinatown he was found in Chicago's Chinatown.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:49 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Why?

Do you think it's true?

If it is, why won't they report the rise in racial crime? Do they think it will cause a race war? Do you think it will reflect poorly on the whole community?

As the story reports. The first question of 911 operator's and Peace officers is to ask skin color of the perp.

Yet the news media finds it a non issue... unless of course you are white or light latino and the crime is against a black person.

Newspapers directed: Cover up black violence
Let me ask you a question. Since most crimes are among people who know each other and proximity has something to do with that, is it not logical that as society becomes more integrated that black crime will touch more white victims, as more blacks and whites get to know each other and live in closer proximity?

Old 11-04-2013, 01:50 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Actually, that is sensationalist reporting. Chicago has 2.7 million people. While 500 murders is not pretty, Chicago's murder rate is actually much lower than:

Detroit
New Orleans
St. Louis
Baltimore
Newark
Oakland
Stockton
Kansas City
Philadelphia
Cleveland
Memphis
Atlanta

Old 11-04-2013, 01:53 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
And you clearly can't read.

I said the part of South Chicago where no whites live.

If you know S. Chi.. you'd know, that no white would ever go into some area's.

BTW... I'm not a Conservative, and I am not white.
So why are you fascinated with the fact that "young black men" are killing each other on the "Southside of Chicago'?
It obviously disturbs you to no end since you had to create a thread about it?

George Zimmermann disturbs me as well yet I don't create a million threads about his sorry ass.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Name the area you're speaking of, because as far as I know, Chicago doesn't have any segregation.
Wow! Really!

How about Chatham, Avalon, Englewood, Washington Park etc....

Here if you don't believe me.

Chicago Most Segregated City In America, Despite Significant Improvements In Last Decade

Old 11-04-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
FYI, I didn't say you were white or a conservative lol. I said that white people live on the Southside. That is all.

And your second post above is in regards to the actual murders in Chicago, please note the tally of murders does not take into effect the "murder rate." Chicago is still not in the top 10 cities with the highest murder rate, neither is NYC. From your article:

Flint and Detroit have a high murder rate. One is more likely to be killed in both of those cities than in either Chicago or New York City.

And FYI, I live in Atlanta. Atlanta's murder rate has fallen and I believe we fell out of the top 10 in the past few years, which is good. But on our local news stations, they do report black on white crime all the time. Also white on black crime and black on Hispanic crime and black on black crime and white on white crime and so on.

I also get WGN and watch Chicago news sometimes (my husband is from Chicago - on the southside I might add and is from a neighborhood which is not considered that great, a few white people even live in my mother in law's neighborhood and not far from her neighborhood is the Pullman neighborhood which is about 40% white). On WGN, they frequently show pictures and give descriptions of subjects. The last time I watched it they said an Asian man was found in Chicago who had killed his family in NYC the week before in Chinatown he was found in Chicago's Chinatown.
Can you link a story that points to what you are saying. I'd like to send it to WND for their correction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies