Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 08:10 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
No, I'm saying he should had added in a part about "except for if your insurance company is ripping you off with a crappy plan that ends up costing the rest of us more money" for the right wingers here on CD to get it.

I realize the regressive radical right here is so obsessed in their hatred of our president that they wouldn't care regardless, though. Keep angrily circle jerking to Fox News though. It's served you so well over the past five years.
Have you no self respect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 08:13 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama's like a small child caught in a lie. He thinks he's so smart and can get away with it but you see right through him. He gets mad and then flustered and then tries to blame it on somebody else. Then its your fault for making him angry.
We knew he was thin skinned from the time he became a senator. This is why he could never have the success that Reagan enjoyed. Reagan was a true bipartisan politician, who rarely (if ever) blamed Carter for the mess, while Obama has blamed Bush for every one of his own missteps.

The White House memo that surfaced yesterday

CBS News: Health Care Adviser Warned White House In 2010 Memo Administration Was Losing Control Of Obamacare « CBS DC

only shows how out of control ACA is, yet Obama still chose to shut down the government over it. Over 3 million people have been dropped now, yet he still closes his eyes and exclaims "nobody is losing their coverage"

I think there's going to be many more people jumping ship, more memo's, and more people throwing others under the bus in the coming months. This is how politicians react when their voting base gets angry. Every channel, except MSNBC, is outraged over all of these lies.

Last edited by surfman; 11-05-2013 at 08:26 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 08:21 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
No, I'm saying he should had added in a part about "except for if your insurance company is ripping you off with a crappy plan that ends up costing the rest of us more money" for the right wingers here on CD to get it.

I realize the regressive radical right here is so obsessed in their hatred of our president that they wouldn't care regardless, though. Keep angrily circle jerking to Fox News though. It's served you so well over the past five years.
Sorry, but you seem to have swallowed quite a lot of Kool-Aid.

In my state and most others, the very best individual plans--policies with no annual or lifetime limits, no pre-existing conditions limitations, no prior approval schemes, no cancellations based on claims history, from insurors with great reputations for paying what is owed--these best of the best ALSO got cancelled.

If you were responsible for purchasing your own health insurance just like us small business people, shop-keepers, independent professionals, farmers, ranchers etc. then you would not be exposing so much ignorance about what is going on.

Compared to my policy that is getting cancelled, the Obamacare replacement is junk. 50% benefit payouts after a $2500 deductible to $12,700 out of pocket per year---junk. 80% benefits after $1800 deductible to a max out of pocket of $9,000 is better. Get it? The one I liked but could not keep was better.

And just wait until the bills hit the Obamapolicy insureds, and they find out about the highest deductibles and the highest copays and coinsurance costs that they've ever seen in their lifetimes...it isn't going to matter whether the premium was subsidized or not. When people have to fork over most of the cost of a $5,000 or $10,000 bill, they are going to conclude that the insurance sucks. You will be very, very busy if you believe you will be able to convince them otherwise.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:22 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Originally Posted by MaseMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Have you no self respect?
Obviously not. The choice of using "regressive" shows that he is an obsessive progressive. Anything conservative is regressive. Maseman has no problem with a progressive lie, as long as it is worded correctly.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:23 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
We knew he was thin skinned from the time he became a senator. This is why he would have never been the success Reagan was. Reagan rarely if ever blamed Carter for the mess, while Obama has blamed Bush for ever one of his missteps.

CBS News: Health Care Adviser Warned White House In 2010 Memo Administration Was Losing Control Of Obamacare « CBS DC

only shows how out of control ACA is, yet Obama still chose to shut down the government over it. Over 3 million people have been dropped now, yet he still closes his eyes and exclaims "nobody is losing their coverage"

I think there's going to be many more people jumping ship, more memo's, and more people throwing others under the bus in the coming months. This is how politicians react when their voting base gets angry. Every channel, except MSNBC, is outraged over all of these lies.
The sycophantic Obama supporting left refuses to acknowledge that we were all misled, and lied to.

Sorry libs, this is not a FNC link : The Obama administration knew

Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”

That means the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them.

This says that when they made the promise, they knew half the people in this market outright couldn’t keep what they had and then they wrote the rules so that others couldn’t make it either,” said Robert Laszewski, of Health Policy and Strategy Associates, a consultant who works for health industry firms. Laszewski estimates that 80 percent of those in the individual market will not be able to keep their current policies and will have to buy insurance that meets requirements of the new law, which generally requires a richer package of benefits than most policies today.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:23 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
We knew he was thin skinned from the time he became a senator. This is why he would have never been the success Reagan was. Reagan rarely if ever blamed Carter for the mess, while Obama has blamed Bush for ever one of his missteps.

Yes, it would seem that people will be jumping off this "Ship of Turds". I wasn't old enough to comprehend the embarrassment that was the Nixon Administration, but the Obama Administration has to be far, far worse.

You're so right when you said "this is how politicians react when their voting base gets angry." I can't wait to see the backpedaling that's coming our way.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:26 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
You guys are right. Obama should have dumbed down his statement for idiots like the ones here on CD.
Well, obviously, they are not dumbed down enough, have you seen some of your statments, along with your fellow lefties statements....

Old 11-05-2013, 08:37 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
The fact that people had to be manipulated into supporting it speaks to the fact that politicians thought it wouldn't have been supported otherwise, and they're probably right. It says a lot about an administration that effectively takes away choice via deception, no matter what the end results are.

The ends don't always justify the means, although a lot of people on the left think they do. The reason they don't is because most of the time, it's robbing Peter to pay Paul, and is never a fully equitable solution. Someone always gets hurt. And in the case of Obamacare, it's the people who would not have supported the legislation had they been told the truth, and that's a lot of people.

Consider going to a lender and applying for a mortgage.
They tell you your 30 year fixed rate will be 4.5 percent and you lock that in. A month after you move in to your new home, they send you a letter saying they've doubled your rate to 9 percent, and will use that extra interest for charity. This helps others while hurting you, but would you have taken that loan if they had told you upfront? Or would you consider such a deception to be morally/ethically wrong, even if it's for a good cause?

I know that's not the greatest analogy, but it's the principle of the matter that I'm trying to point out, and the fact that if we accept deception based on the overall result, we are no longer able to truly make our own decisions and be responsible for them.

I prefer making my own decisions. I do not prefer the government making them for me on the basis of deception. And that's exactly what this is.
I know he lied. Some of us knew he was lying back when he was lying. I'm arguing this...

Obama can't admit he lied. His supporters can avoid looking like buffoons by simply admitting he lied. There can at least be a debate by fair-minded, independent people over whether Obamacare is better or worse than the old system. Only the lapdogs avoid the clear truth --- to get the bill passed he had to lie about it's effect on people who wanted to keep their insurance.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Default Leftist lie of the Obama Administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Actually, that hasn't been established -- except if one believes hysterical news reports claiming people who "liked their insurance" but actually had worthless policies.

What seems to be more truthful is that those with formerly junk policies will be able to afford real insurance policies and get tax credits and subsidies to afford those policies. In fact, Federal analysts estimated last week that, after subsidies, two-thirds of the uninsured young adults in 34 exchanges around the country could get bargain coverage for less than $100 a month, and almost half could get it for less than $50 a month. The Times also reported that many could get free coverage, after subsidies.
They weren't "junk" policies. That is what the administration is claiming. But it isn't true. You only need to read the testimonies of those who have been served notice that their policies are being cancelled.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan

LOL... I heard one of Obamas buddies say this yesterday and you are repeating it word for word. Sorry, his attempt to blame the insurance company and people who are paying for insurance is a fail. Big fail!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies