Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 09:01 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,538,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Gay-haters have lost and most of them are starting to realize it. Anyone who has regular interactions with people under 25 knows that this issue is just about put to bed. Young people simply don't care if someone is gay. You have to go to isolated rural areas to find backwards, fervently religious people who have much of a problem with this anymore.
And city-data!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 09:02 PM

423 posts, read 415,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
gay marriage is about as natural and logical as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.
Yup...

poorly wired individuals thinking they're normal

Old 11-07-2013, 09:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times
Really hairy people who look like they're wearing sweaters!
Sorry! You gross me out! No holy matrimony for you!

Old 11-07-2013, 09:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times
Quote:
gay marriage is about as natural and logical as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.
Taking insulin, having dialysis or getting cardiac bypass surgery is about as natural as a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.
Do you have a point besides the one atop your head?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 PM

30,382 posts, read 51,991,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Also, redheads, they are repulsive.....all that freckles! plus, they say they bring bad luck

Dont let them get married or reproduce!
Hey... we're not bad luck, and freckles keep us looking young! That's okay, I don't want to marry or breed anyway.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:20 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,748,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post
Why should children as young as 7 be exposed to this?

When I was 7 I had zero clue what marriage was about or what sex even was. Why do liberals feel the need to indoctrinate children like this?

Let them reach adolescence, see the world a bit, and make their own decisions.
More proof government run schools are nothing more the indoctrination centers.. Show me one kid between the ages of 5 to 13 that really cares about this then Call Of Duty Ghost..

Old 11-07-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
More proof government run schools are nothing more the indoctrination centers..
How so? Does it say these children learned their opinions from school? I learned my acceptance of gay people from my parents, and by example throughout the community here... we did have a few openly gay teachers at my school, but it wasn't even a public one (private college prep, in the '80s-early '90s). So you can't blame my compassion or understanding of this issue on public schools!

You also might notice, as I mentioned earlier, that most kids echo their parents on issues like this. Bigots raise bigots, liberals raise liberals, conservatives raise conservatives, etc. Sometimes a shift happens when they reach adulthood, but that seems to be the exception to the rule.

Quote:
Show me one kid between the ages of 5 to 13 that really cares about this then Call Of Duty Ghost..
Ask and ye shall receive... I'm guessing the following children (and their counterparts around the world) care a LOT more about this issue than Call of Duty. Some of these examples might fall outside of your age grouping, but I think you get the drift:

http://awiderbridge.org/staging/wp-c...ay-parents.jpg
http://www.queerty.com/wp/docs/2010/09/2dadskid9234.png
http://bryanhehirexposed.files.wordp...-in-parade.jpg
http://queermeup.com/wp-content/uplo...-with-kids.jpg
http://images.theage.com.au/2013/06/...an-620x349.jpg
And so on, and so forth.

This is why I call BS when you all cry "think about the children!!" I guess what you really should be saying is "think about the children who only come from 'traditional' nuclear families." Because, really, same sex marriage is OFTEN about protecting the children who are directly affected. Guess you don't care about those children, huh?

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-07-2013 at 09:39 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
Yup...

poorly wired individuals thinking they're normal
As my therapist told me, "you need to stop trying to categorize yourself; just accept that your mind works differently than most, and there's nothing wrong with that." Normal is overrated anyway, and most of the gay people I know have no desire to be a boring - or as you call it, "normal" - heterosexual.

What's the obsession with this aspect of the debate? Do we restrict rights of others who aren't in the majority? Not since like 1960, AFAIK. I do realize some of you are stuck in the '50s, but it really IS 2013!

Old 11-07-2013, 10:24 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,160,330 times
Quote:
Yep, almost as "unnatural" as monogamy, oral sex, wearing clothes, eating processed foods, circumcision...
I take it you've never indulged in any of those "unnatural" practices, correct?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:26 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,160,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Really hairy people who look like they're wearing sweaters!
Sorry! You gross me out! No holy matrimony for you!
I've often told people like this to just be honest and say that they want to ban it because they find it icky. Instead they come up with these tortured "explanations" of how gay marriage will harm their marriage and other assorted nonsense for which they never provide any evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies