Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 01:01 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I predict it will only get stronger once the website is fixed.
OP, your article states that 63% of the uninsured opposed it before and now 56% STILL oppose it. That is not strong support for Obamacare. OP, you're thread is a complete failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 01:04 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Ha. Now that I'm considered "self employed", I have no insurance. I have zero interest in "O" care. I'll take the fine, thank you. Oh wait, they can't get squat back from me since they already plan on taking about 30% of my earnings. I get no refund.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:16 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Of course it will, that's why the Repubs are in such a panic. Bill Kristol warned Repubs back in Clinton days, don't ever let Dems pass HC Reform, else the GOP would be hurt for decades ... he was correct.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:22 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Of course it will, that's why the Repubs are in such a panic. Bill Kristol warned Repubs back in Clinton days, don't ever let Dems pass HC Reform, else the GOP would be hurt for decades ... he was correct.

"Panic"?

Have you signed up, Bob? If not, why not?

If Obamacare was a great plan to improve delivery of healthcare in America, I would be all for it. Now it begs the question, with the following, why the hell are you still for it?

1. website does not work
2. 5 million (as of now) are losing thier current insurance and may not get insurance
3. very few (if any) young people have signed up. That collapses the whole house of cards
4. very few citizens anywhere have signed up
5. We have not even seen the disaster that will occur when the employer mandate arrives
6. from the fact that few young people signed up, there MUST BE tax increases to fund this
7. $750 billion was looted from medicare. How much more will need to be taken?
8. Most physicians are saying they will not accept Obamacare patients. Where will they go?
9. Obama grossly lied about the realities of the plan, thus deceiving the American public. There would have been STRONG opposition to this plan, had he told the truth.

Let's see..................... with another government shutdown looming, perhaps the citizens will demand that Obamacare be overturned then.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:23 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
really now???

people NEED insurance???

you do understand what insurance is.....RISK MANAGEMENT

why does a healthy 20 something NEED to pay $300 a month for insurance, if he only goes to the doctor once a year for an annual check-up

does a healthy 20 something REALLY NEED to pay 3600 or more a year for an annual check up that only costs less than $200??
you do understand that a healthy 20 something can get run over by a bus or get a viral infection or cancer

Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
You don't need a condo but people need insurance.

Yeah, health insurance is more vital to ones survival than shelter. Uh huh.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Panic? That's rich. The right opposes it because the law sucks. Seems even the uninsured agree with us too. The OP's article shows that 56% of uninsured STILL oppose Obamacare. Total thread fail.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:34 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
OP, your article states that 63% of the uninsured opposed it before and now 56% STILL oppose it. That is not strong support for Obamacare. OP, you're thread is a complete failure.
This is the second thread started in as many days by the same person in which he/she cites a poll as showing majority support for O'care but the reality is the opposite.

The cracks in the facade are starting to show. This will all come crumbling down soon, and people like Motion will be left speechless and completely confused about what's happening around them, simply because they refused to accept a few simple realities about this law.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
This is the second thread started in as many days by the same person in which he/she cites a poll as showing majority support for O'care but the reality is the opposite.

The cracks in the facade are starting to show. This will all come crumbling down soon, and people like Motion will be left speechless and completely confused about what's happening around them, simply because they refused to accept a few simple realities about this law.
I noticed that too. I haven't figured out if it is a reading comprehension problem or wishful thinking that is causing this level of desperation.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:55 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
What's the republican alternative for the uninsured?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies