Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:33 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,158,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I cut this line from the pdf application of the insurer I chose:

"Purchasing pediatric dental coverage with Health Net? ■ Yes ■ No
Note: If a pediatric dental plan is purchased, all children will be enrolled in the pediatric plan.
■ If “No,” I confirm that I am purchasing pediatric dental coverage with another carrier as required by ACA mandate."

Wondering:
Did you have to purchase a pediatric dental plan by another carrier at the time of declining coverage? Otherwise how can the govt confirm you have purchased a pediatric dental which as stated above is required by ACA mandate?
Will not proving purchase of a ACA approved pediatric dental plan eliminate your subsidy or put you into a penalty for not having it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 08:19 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Wondering:
Did you have to purchase a pediatric dental plan by another carrier at the time of declining coverage? Otherwise how can the govt confirm you have purchased a pediatric dental which as stated above is required by ACA mandate?
Will not proving purchase of a ACA approved pediatric dental plan eliminate your subsidy or put you into a penalty for not having it?
No, I just said I did not want it on the ACA site. (what it says more specifically is something to the effect that "you are enrolling dependents under 19 but have chosen a plan that does not provide pediatric dental. Would you like to consider another plan? " to which I clicked the "no" button. Later in the enrollment process it gives you a chance to enroll in a couple different dental programs that cover the whole family. That box is marked "optional" and I skipped it. It did not say anything about having to get another one or confirming that I did. That verbage was from the insurers online application form. Anyway, I will be getting a dental plan my former employer offers. It has better benefits for less, I think. The ACA one would be good for orthodontics maybe as it covers 50% of that in my state anyway for 25 bucks a month. My orthodontics for kids days are behind me now and I get any major dental work of my own done in Mexico so we do well enough with one of those "pre-paid plans".

I don't get a subsidy so that would not matter to me.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:27 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Here's some info from the American Dental Assocation web page on the dental requirement:

Must the dental EHB benefit be purchased?

Not within exchanges run by the federal government. A federal agency interpretation of the ACA has determined that within the exchange the dental EHB need only be offered. However, in the individual and small group markets outside the exchange, the dental EHB must be purchased. The ADA strongly disagrees with this interpretation, but at this time it appears that all exchanges run by the federal government will be operating within these parameters. On the other hand, states have the authority to mandate the purchase of the dental EHB. Few states have chosen to mandate purchase or are considering doing so.

Affordable Care Act, dental benefits examined - American Dental Association - ADA.org

Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's amazing what lies the left can get away with...

Back up the statements in bold above, with solid facts, not "what you heard."
Now discredit the sources provided.

Why Losing Your Junk Insurance is a Good Thing | The People's View

Junk health insurance
Stingy plans may be worse than none at all

Cheap Health Insurance - Consumer Reports

Quote:
While millions of Americans have benefited from that and other reforms, many are still prey to the kind of skimpy “junk” plans the new law was designed to eliminate. Some plans, known as mini-meds, are operated by employers and brand-name insurance companies with special dispensation from the federal government. Others, such as health discount cards and fixed benefit indemnity plans, from companies you’ve probably never heard of, are so meager that regulators don’t consider them to be health insurance at all—though that’s frequently not clear to consumers. And some of the companies operate one step ahead of the law.
Who purchases these junk insurance policies? Minimum wages workers like in the fast food, hospitality, and housekeeping industries.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:09 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post

Junk health insurance
Stingy plans may be worse than none at all

Who purchases these junk insurance policies? Minimum wages workers like in the fast food, hospitality, and housekeeping industries.
you didn't answer. you simply complained about what you considered bad health plans.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:51 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you didn't answer. you simply complained about what you considered bad health plans.
I did answer, read the links.
We all wine a bit. I've already outlined bad healthcare plans, go back and read the thread.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:46 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

Junk health insurance
Stingy plans may be worse than none at all.
From the first link....nothig worth reading beyond this remark below....

*****but the truth is that the policies that are being canceled are being canceled for one reason and one reason alone: they do not meet the minimum coverage requirements under the Affordable Care Act.*****

****After all, you may not take out all your anger at the black man in the White House ****

Quote:

From the second link

****“I was aware that it wasn’t a great plan,*****

So, she knew she had a crappy plan, she did nothing about it, are you saying she is stupid?

Your links provided nothing more than leftist talking points, with nothing to back up the 40 - 67% number that has been thrown around by the left.....

Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Completely false. Many of those who have lost thier insurance, via the individual mandate, have the "option" of buying plans with much higher deductibles and monthly premiums.

Wake up!

Those who have affordable insurance now will be paying MUCH MORE in order to finance those with "cheap" new insurance. This is simply a wealth redistribution plan. If citizens are too dense to understand this, then they should ask themselves why the "40 million uninsured" were not rolled into Medicare, and the balance of the nation left alone with the plans they liked.

This is a WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION MEASURE, NOT A HEALTHCARE MEASURE.
By definition, all health insurance is wealth redistribution. Find another bogeyman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies