Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 12:04 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Your post reeks of the entitlement and superiority mentality.

Who cares about getting your respect? Your respect is worthless to me. YOU should be trying to earn MY respect.
I'm waiting for you to admit you are a racist. Is that a problem for you?

That's funny.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Trayvon Martin.

The black teenagers who were detained/arrested for having the audacity to spend their money at Barneys New York.

Patrick Lumumba, the bar owner in Perugia, Italy whom that tramp Amanda Knox falsely accused of murder to save her own behind.

and on and on
OMG. That's all you have?? LOL

Old 11-16-2013, 12:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Reading the angry, disgusting and often ignorant comments on this thread, the purpose which appears to be not only racist, but to bash and hate anything related to democrats, makes me think that Oprah was wrong. People don't disrespect Obama because he is black. It is because he (and Oprah) are successful, educated, and financially well-off blacks who wield a lot of power. I think that is called being "uppity" by a select group of bigots in this country.

If the tea party was not born out of racism, why did these people who are so extremely concerned and worried about fiscal responsibility not say boo while Bush and Cheney blew a surplus and ran up the deficit? Yet, the minute a black president is elected they form the tea party, which just happened to be made up of southern white republicans, and start protesting against Obama personally? The day he was elected I overheard local rednecks making loud racist comments and saw racial epithets painted on their pickup trucks. Give me a friggin break. If Obama had been president on 9/11 I guarantee you the right-wing extremists would have blamed him, demanded hearings and called him a terrorist. An unethical congressman, Joe Walsh, had the bad taste and unmitigated gall to yell an insult at a joint session of Congress when Obama is speaking? What other president, even the bad ones and liars, ever had to put up with garbage and disrespect like that? The sheer amount of posters spewing hate on this thread and protesting how non-racist they are is a joke. Methinks thou doth protest too much. And btw, a lot more people than Oprah believe that.

Robert Redford on shutdown: Anti-Obama 'racism' drove fight - Washington Times

Geographers Map Racist Anti-Obama Tweets | TIME.com

Anti-Obama protesters get racial in Arizona

Opinion: Racist taunts at Obama should worry us all - CNN.com

Anti-Obama slogans with racist slants on the rise in Election 2012 - CSMonitor.com

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallas...-and-pali.html

Zucker: HealthCare.gov backlash a product of racism | The Daily Caller

def shepherd: Racism Is Alive And Well: 35 Incredibly Racist Anti-Obama Images

Old 11-16-2013, 12:11 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,899 times
Same old song and dance. Every time Obama bombs, here comes the "racist" cries.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
My friends and I discuss race ALL of the time. The other day one of my friends commented on how the minority women at her company were treated differently.
That's sad. None of you have anything else to discuss?

Your friend isn't making an observation that people aren't aware of. Is your friend treated as an equal to the men in her company? Is she on a career path and does she have to work a bit harder to compete with the men on the same track?

There was a time when ALL women were treated differently inside the work place, and it's still happening today with some women regardless of race.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:12 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Reading the angry, disgusting and often ignorant comments on this thread, the purpose which appears to be not only racist, but to bash and hate anything related to democrats, makes me think that Oprah was wrong. People don't disrespect Obama because he is black. It is because he (and Oprah) are successful, educated, and financially well-off blacks who wield a lot of power. I think that is called being "uppity" by a select group of bigots in this country.

If the tea party was not born out of racism, why did these people who are so extremely concerned and worried about fiscal responsibility not say boo while Bush and Cheney blew a surplus and ran up the deficit? Yet, the minute a black president is elected they form the tea party, which just happened to be made up of southern white republicans, and start protesting against Obama personally? The day he was elected I overheard local rednecks making loud racist comments and saw racial epithets painted on their pickup trucks. Give me a friggin break. If Obama had been president on 9/11 I guarantee you the right-wing extremists would have blamed him, demanded hearings and called him a terrorist. An unethical congressman, Joe Walsh, had the bad taste and unmitigated gall to yell an insult at a joint session of Congress when Obama is speaking? What other president, even the bad ones and liars, ever had to put up with garbage and disrespect like that? The sheer amount of posters spewing hate on this thread and protesting how non-racist they are is a joke. Methinks thou doth protest too much. And btw, a lot more people than Oprah believe that.

Robert Redford on shutdown: Anti-Obama 'racism' drove fight - Washington Times

Geographers Map Racist Anti-Obama Tweets | TIME.com

Anti-Obama protesters get racial in Arizona

Opinion: Racist taunts at Obama should worry us all - CNN.com

Anti-Obama slogans with racist slants on the rise in Election 2012 - CSMonitor.com

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallas...-and-pali.html

Zucker: HealthCare.gov backlash a product of racism | The Daily Caller

def shepherd: Racism Is Alive And Well: 35 Incredibly Racist Anti-Obama Images
Joke post.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:13 PM

781 posts, read 736,838 times
As usual racism explains everything. But of course that which explains everything, explains nothing...

This is just a subtle form of ad hominem. Or maybe the "argument from intimidation"; i.e. X is true because those who disagree with X, or those who disagree with the person claiming X in this case, are racist, immoral, etc, etc.

Hell, on a personal level I like Obama a lot. Personality wise I'm actually very similar to him. An evening of intellectual conversation, etc. would be extremely stimulating. I just think his ideology that he wants to see implemented in this country is pure poison....

Old 11-16-2013, 12:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
^^^ Further proof of their sense of entitlement and privilege by birthright. Typical.

White people HATE prosperous black people. They can't stand the thought of any black person (or non-white for that matter) having more, holding higher positions, living better lives, etc. than they do. They are ruled by envy and a desire to keep 'others' under foot.
Like some Black people HATE it when a Black dude takes care of business like working, talking proper and so on?

Old 11-16-2013, 12:20 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
there are a decent amount of white males who dont like obama because he is black.

you have whole organizations like stormfront, vnn run by white males who will do anything and everything to make a black persons life a living hell, so for there to be no whites who dont like obama because he is black is comical.

i single out white men because i havent noticed it among white women.

white women are much more sensible then white men in general

Old 11-16-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickySantoro View Post
Oprah think people disrespects the president because he is black?

Yes, she purports to believe that. Sooner or later the race card always gets played. The reality is that people disrespect Obama because he is a lying sack of crap.
It seems as if Obama broke his own recorded. Listened to the dems giving kudos to Obama for stepping up and taking responsibility for the failure of Obamacare and.............................he didn't throw anyone under the bus!!!! To me that appears to be them acknowledging how he handled other big issues in the past - didn't take responsibility and there was always a bus standing by to roll over someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies