Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 11:08 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Why do you have to go back to history to justify what is happening today? If you are as intelligent as you claim to be, you wouldn't need history to make a point or justify what is happening in 2013. If people want to move forward they should LEARN from history and stop using it as an excuse to hate and stagnate.

There is a difference between saying one doesn't "like" and one "hates".

And it's just as unrealistic to think that all black people will "love" white people.
You do realize that racial discrimination is still happening today, right? You do realize that I am treated differently than my white friends due to my skin color, right?

Old 11-16-2013, 11:09 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Well, the difference is that it is likely that Dale Cooper's ancestors could very well have inflicted horrible oppression on black people such as lynching, beating, keeping slaves, etc., etc. I just can't seem to remember when Callipoppy's ancestors had that kind of power over Dale's (white people) ancestors and CHOSE to be brutal to them with the support of most of the population. POWER and CONTEXT, key words.

However, I guess some people are so powerless and so unsuccessful that they have to "believe" they a superior to minorities in order to get through life.
Can you make an argument on current events, rather than using history??

Old 11-16-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You actually have access to know who reps who for which post?

You would certainly get my respect if you could screw up the courage and be honest enough to state that you hate white people.
Your post reeks of the entitlement and superiority mentality.

Who cares about getting your respect? Your respect is worthless to me. YOU should be trying to earn MY respect.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I don't hate white people; some of my best friends are white.
Riiiiight. Do they know how much contempt you have for white people? Do you sit around at your dinner table, or have a BBQ, or go out to dinner with your white friends where you discuss how horrible white people are?

Old 11-16-2013, 11:12 AM

275 posts, read 193,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Support of White woman was needed for her to make millions, because blacks never lend support to anything black, Like this.... New Pittsburgh Courier - The August Wilson Center in crisis Maybe she could find a few extra dollars for them.
Lol don't hold your breath she's probably too busy considering a $40k purse purchases.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I find it so interesting that white racists do not have the COURAGE to admit it, when clearly it is a deeply held belief and attitude. If white racists are correct that they are "better than" black people or other races, WHERE IS THE COURAGE TO STAND UP FOR THAT BELIEF?
I do believe I am better than some people, but not because of race.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:13 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
My white friends know exactly how I feel and they are not in denial about the atrocities that white people have committed in the past and the racism that continues to this day. We discuss these type of issues all of time.
There in lies your problem. You assume every white person is in denial of what happened in the past. Newsflash, we're all quite aware of what happened decades ago. How about moving forward like the majority of folks of ALL races have been doing and stop living in the past.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:14 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
You do realize that racial discrimination is still happening today, right? You do realize that I am treated differently than my white friends due to my skin color, right?
I get that.

and, it seems to be getting worse. Whereas on his first Inauguration Day, President Obama enjoyed a 70% approval rating due to the country being 30% racist, five short years later it appears that the country is 60% racist...obviously, since the president only has a 40% approval rating:

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Old 11-16-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Can you make an argument on current events, rather than using history??
Trayvon Martin.

The black teenagers who were detained/arrested for having the audacity to spend their money at Barneys New York.

Patrick Lumumba, the bar owner in Perugia, Italy whom that tramp Amanda Knox falsely accused of murder to save her own behind.

and on and on

Old 11-16-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Riiiiight. Do they know how much contempt you have for white people? Do you sit around at your dinner table, or have a BBQ, or go out to dinner with your white friends where you discuss how horrible white people are?
My friends and I discuss race ALL of the time. The other day one of my friends commented on how the minority women at her company were treated differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies