Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 12:40 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It's on the O'Reilly show now. I would like to ask her to explain the disrespect Bush got and is still getting. There was even a movie made on assassinating Bush. I guess that was just fine and dandy to her.
Who made the rule that we should respect any President?

That is a government created illusion that we have to "respect the office" so we will not question them.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:40 PM

781 posts, read 737,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
If all this were true then Adolph would still be a popular name.
My assertion is still true irrespective of whether Adolph is a popular name or not.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That's sad. None of you have anything else to discuss?

Your friend isn't making an observation that people aren't aware of. Is your friend treated as an equal to the men in her company? Is she on a career path and does she have to work a bit harder to compete with the men on the same track?

There was a time when ALL women were treated differently inside the work place, and it's still happening today with some women regardless of race.
Patiently waiting for you to comment on the anti-black posts being made in this thread. Right, of course not.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yeah sure, 0bama being disrespected because of the results of his policies, words and actions after five years, don't seem to enter into the equation at all for her.
Because the most important attributes of what a President shoud be and do, is completely ingored. I personally don't have friends who do not like him because of his color, that is a bogus lie. Sure there are racist people on every side of the aisle, and this will never change.

I had friends who voted for him both times, but as of last year, started to completely change about their feelings for him, we did not change their feelings for him, Obama did this by himself. With his carefree arrogant bullish attitude and playing the blame game 24/7.

We don't live in the past any of us and can't move forward, with people thinking the way they do.

The majority of my friends i said mine are not racist in any way, so many of them from bi-racial families. You cannot blame skin color for the reason that most do not like Obama.

Has to do with a important issue, it is called having Integrity, Being Sincere, Having a mature attitude not a bullish one, if people dare go up against you. It is many many things, no person i know dislikes him because of his bi-racial background. He is not only black but white.

After seeing him around for a while, most people can pick not only one thing but many that does come into mind, and skin color ain't one of them.

Not ok for any one person to pick out others for being a racist, if all that comes out of their mouth is nothing but racist remarks!

Old 11-16-2013, 12:52 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Because the most important attributes of what a President shoud be and do, is completely ingored. I personally don't have friends who do not like him because of his color, that is a bogus lie. Sure there are racist people on every side of the aisle, and this will never change.

I had friends who voted for him both times, but as of last year, started to completely change about their feelings for him, we did not change their feelings for him, Obama did this by himself. With his carefree arrogant bullish attitude and playing the blame game 24/7.

We don't live in the past any of us and can't move forward, with people thinking the way they do.

The majority of my friends i said mine are not racist in any way, so many of them from bi-racial families. You cannot blame skin color for the reason that most do not like Obama.

Has to do with a important issue, it is called having Integrity, Being Sincere, Having a mature attitude not a bullish one, if people dare go up against you. It is many many things, no person i know dislikes him because of his bi-racial background. He is not only black but white.

After seeing him around for a while, most people can pick not only one thing but many that does come into mind, and skin color ain't one of them.

Not ok for any one person to pick out others for being a racist, if all that comes out of their mouth is nothing but racist remarks!

like i said, i think the majority of people arnt using race as a reason to disrespect obama, but the white conservative male notion that race is never a reason why obama is disliked is just stupid and comical.

like i said, you have organizations of white male conservatives like stormfront, vnn, council of conservative citizens that are organizations with the mission of attacking black leaders and black people in general.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
like i said, i think the majority of people arnt using race as a reason to disrespect obama, but the white conservative male notion that race is never a reason why obama is disliked is just stupid and comical.

like i said, you have organizations of white male conservatives like stormfront, vnn, council of conservative citizens that are organizations with the mission of attacking black leaders and black people in general.

Not going to argue the point, But fair to say that the hatred goes two ways! There are a lot of organizations preaching hatred.

The majority of good decent caring people are not racist, at all, and seems we are totally ignored.

And you have to admit, racisim is a readily excuse today used by many when they ain't got nothing else. It is just used too frequently somehow sometimes seems for convenience.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:04 PM

Ignorance is bliss, and here to stay?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:25 PM

275 posts, read 193,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
Same old song and dance. Every time Obama bombs, here comes the "racist" cries.
Lol, yep every time Obama bombs out comes the race card. Obama could drone the hood and if anyone spoke out against it they would still defend him.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:28 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Patiently waiting for you to comment on the anti-black posts being made in this thread. Right, of course not.
Patiently waiting for you to admit that you are a racist. Right, you're not.

Point me in the direction of those posts, and I will chastise them.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:33 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Funny how if you admire and respect the wrong black you are still considered racist. You are only not racist if you bow down and kiss Obamas back side. If that is the racism test, then I am going to fail it. I have no use for the policies of Obama and I won't make any bones about it. If that makes me racist, then so be it. I don't care at this point. You think whatever you wish. In my mind, you are the one still "on the plantation", you've just changed masters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies