Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 07:53 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
One thing about Ron Paul. You got the truth, no matter how hard it was to swallow.
correction:

One thing about Ron Paul. You got his perception of the truth, no matter how inaccurate.

But yes, I agree with the premise that Paul probably would have been a relatively honest and straightforward president. What I would've been worried about was his obstinance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 07:59 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As much as I was not a supporter of him, nor would I ever have been, I completely agree with you on the is one: truthful he is!!!!
So you would never vote for this honest man? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

But yes, I agree with the premise that Paul probably would have been a relatively honest and straightforward president. What I would've been worried about was his obstinance.
But the current president the is probably the most obstinate in history. Aren't you an Obama cheer leader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Racist? Ron Paul was the only candidate talking about ending the drug war & freeing all the slaves...I mean non-violent, drug offenders (i.e. black people). If Ron Paul was President they all go free. It would be the most important thing to happen to black people since the Emancipation Proclamation. What has Obama done for black people?
Other than fomenting class warfare and racial tension, and demolishing the black middle class (which had been the fastest growing segment of the populous for 20 years) and raising black unemployment to the worst of all demographics (black youth especially)?

Obama’s policies are destroying the very people who elected and believed in him. His biggest supporters were blacks (93 percent voted for Obama), yet since 2009, income for black heads of households dropped by 10.9 percent. The highest of all demographics followed by, #2 young under 25 -9.6%, #3 women -7%. The very people who brought him into office.

When ACA is fully implemented... you'll see a blood letting of cash from the middle class.

Last edited by surfman; 11-18-2013 at 08:19 AM..

Old 11-18-2013, 08:08 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem with people like Ron Paul and you is that you claim everyone else lives is a fantasy world, but in reality it is you.

Now granted, when Paul sites down in hour long interviews, he makes more sense because he explains himself, but i dont think his followers watch those interviews, i think they just listen to his campaign slogans.

Spying really has never been a political hot button issue, all the countries with the capabilities do it. If you can explain why you are actually against it, then i will give you a detailed response.

Drone strikes are better than sending our military into foreign lands, and the argument that we should just end this program, shut down bases and stop patrolling the seas would only be possible in a utopian society where there were no pirates that robbed shipping vessels,or terrorist that attacked innocent people.
You didn't make a single intelligible point in this post, except about drone strikes & you're absolutely wrong about that one.

Drone strikes are so much worse than sending the military because if we have to send in the military it forces us to involve Congress, to think about our decision & it forces the President to garner support from the American people. Drone strikes are cowardly & convince people like yourself that arbitrarily killing brown people is just fine so long as you don't have to see or hear about it.

Pirates, oh boy .

Old 11-18-2013, 08:14 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
But the current president the is probably the most obstinate in history.
it's hard to be obstinate when your campaign makes almost no specific comments on policy , like Obama.

he was always in the habit of promising particular outcomes, rather than being wedded to some particular way to achieve those outcomes.

Quote:
Aren't you an Obama cheer leader?
i don't mind obama. he's made mistakes, and i don't like his party's ideology -- but he's better than the leading republicans who are blatant hypocrites and charlatans.

Last edited by le roi; 11-18-2013 at 08:40 AM..

Old 11-18-2013, 08:32 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem with people like Ron Paul and you is that you claim everyone else lives is a fantasy world, but in reality it is you.

Now granted, when Paul sites down in hour long interviews, he makes more sense because he explains himself, but i dont think his followers watch those interviews, i think they just listen to his campaign slogans.

Spying really has never been a political hot button issue, all the countries with the capabilities do it. If you can explain why you are actually against it, then i will give you a detailed response.

Drone strikes are better than sending our military into foreign lands, and the argument that we should just end this program, shut down bases and stop patrolling the seas would only be possible in a utopian society where there were no pirates that robbed shipping vessels,or terrorist that attacked innocent people.
You could not be more wrong about that. As for living in fantasy world...no. RP and "people like him" do not live in fantasy world. We see the reality that no one else wants to see. RP predicted the housing collapse years before it ever happened. Guess what? They laughed at him then, too, and told him he was living in a fantasy world, that he was crazy. He warned everyone....but no one listened.

Maybe it's time for people like you who think that we are doing good right now to pull your heads out of that damn sand, and take a look around.

The foreign policy that so many of you people hated, because you did NOT understand it, because you do NOT listen to him when someone finally shuts the hell up, stops cutting him off, and lets him talk, is not a fantasy land ideal. That you don't understand it shows that you are not living in reality. This country had a damn chance. Both libs and conservatives liked RP. Unfortunately, too many on the left and the right prefer to have their crap fed to them with a gigantic spoon, while mommy government wipes their dribbling chins with their bibs. BOTH sides do this. BOTH sides are full of absolute idiots. BOTH sides are the exact same. Neither side is who they once were. We don't have real Democrats anymore, and we don't have real Conservatives anymore. What we have in the WH, is a flippin joke. And BOTH sides, out on "Main Street", (condescending twits), have just stood there and argued that one side is more right than the other. BOTH sides suck because BOTH sides have forgotten who the hell they are, and what the hell they stand up for and support.

On page one, there's a post by someone talking about RP and what would have happened had he been elected. He then talks about how liberalism is dead. I'm here from the other side to say, look what would have happened if he had been elected. True conservatism is dead.

Mitt would never have been able to join people together, and "O" is just a mess he doesn't even deserve a mention. One put a dog on top of his car, one ate a dog....in the end, with everything, as with their encounters with dogs, they are the same.

It's funny...I used to think RP was crazy, too. I listened to everyone who guffawed whenever they heard his name. But then I started to listen to him. I went in, fully skeptical. I wanted to laugh at his words. I wanted to mock him. I wanted to point and laugh at his supporters. But when I actually listened to him, I realized he's the only damn one out of them all who wants to follow the Constitution. He's the only one who wants to undo this b.s. that we've had in place for decades. But hey, you go ahead and think it's fantasy. You do realize that it IS possible to UNDO crap that we were doing perfectly fine without before it got added, right? Yep, he's crazy alright....just living in his fantasy world of getting back to the Constitution. I suppose our forefathers were crazy, too, when they talked about how it was not a good idea to go over to other lands and fight. Or maybe......the crazy ones are people like you who absolutely fail to fully comprehend what that Constitution is, what it means, and why it is so important.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:23 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You could not be more wrong about that. As for living in fantasy world...no. RP and "people like him" do not live in fantasy world. We see the reality that no one else wants to see. RP predicted the housing collapse years before it ever happened. Guess what? They laughed at him then, too, and told him he was living in a fantasy world, that he was crazy. He warned everyone....but no one listened.

Maybe it's time for people like you who think that we are doing good right now to pull your heads out of that damn sand, and take a look around.

The foreign policy that so many of you people hated, because you did NOT understand it, because you do NOT listen to him when someone finally shuts the hell up, stops cutting him off, and lets him talk, is not a fantasy land ideal. That you don't understand it shows that you are not living in reality. This country had a damn chance. Both libs and conservatives liked RP. Unfortunately, too many on the left and the right prefer to have their crap fed to them with a gigantic spoon, while mommy government wipes their dribbling chins with their bibs. BOTH sides do this. BOTH sides are full of absolute idiots. BOTH sides are the exact same. Neither side is who they once were. We don't have real Democrats anymore, and we don't have real Conservatives anymore. What we have in the WH, is a flippin joke. And BOTH sides, out on "Main Street", (condescending twits), have just stood there and argued that one side is more right than the other. BOTH sides suck because BOTH sides have forgotten who the hell they are, and what the hell they stand up for and support.

On page one, there's a post by someone talking about RP and what would have happened had he been elected. He then talks about how liberalism is dead. I'm here from the other side to say, look what would have happened if he had been elected. True conservatism is dead.

Mitt would never have been able to join people together, and "O" is just a mess he doesn't even deserve a mention. One put a dog on top of his car, one ate a dog....in the end, with everything, as with their encounters with dogs, they are the same.

It's funny...I used to think RP was crazy, too. I listened to everyone who guffawed whenever they heard his name. But then I started to listen to him. I went in, fully skeptical. I wanted to laugh at his words. I wanted to mock him. I wanted to point and laugh at his supporters. But when I actually listened to him, I realized he's the only damn one out of them all who wants to follow the Constitution. He's the only one who wants to undo this b.s. that we've had in place for decades. But hey, you go ahead and think it's fantasy. You do realize that it IS possible to UNDO crap that we were doing perfectly fine without before it got added, right? Yep, he's crazy alright....just living in his fantasy world of getting back to the Constitution. I suppose our forefathers were crazy, too, when they talked about how it was not a good idea to go over to other lands and fight. Or maybe......the crazy ones are people like you who absolutely fail to fully comprehend what that Constitution is, what it means, and why it is so important.
Well said!!!! Kudos to you.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

A-freakin'-men!!!!

Old 11-18-2013, 10:52 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The only way you can is by using your own judgement and common sense. Have you ever heard the expression "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"? That has always been my barometer. I don't think Ron Paul actually lied about anything. I think there are things he omitted that would have been damaging. You really can't fault him for that in my mind. That however in my opinion is a lie irrespective of the justification.
True and I don't fault him; however, for some reason people find it hard to fathom that as a politician (or statesmen) Ron Paul has said some lies up there on the podium. Sure a lot of what he says is the truth according to them, but to think the man has never lied in his political career is stretching it, even for the staunchest supporter of Mr. Paul.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Unless you can show it's a lie, how can you claim it's a lie?
The inverse can apply here: Unless you can show it's the truth, how can you claim it's the truth?

Politicians lie. No avoiding it.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Like I said, you are a liberal. All Liberals lie.
In your opinion, sure; however, I'm not a liberal. You don't get to decide what my theology or ideology is, buddy. Sorry.

I'm Independent Moderate. Have fun fooling yourself.

Just to be clear: Politicians lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies