Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 04:00 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
As usual, the atheists come out in droves on the internet spouting their hate.

Anyone who denounces the bible as complete fiction is a moron. A lot of it consists of fake fairy tales, but there are tons of historical facts included.
You've just proved the point that it be considered fiction.
No fictional book is 100% fiction

Old 11-19-2013, 04:06 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Not you exactly. I was responding to your question, "What hate"? There's plenty of hate for people of faith to go around. And vice versa. And yes, the Bible is full of blood and slaughter. It's impossible to believe otherwise.

And I still stand by my last paragraph. I still have yet to meet an atheist who didn't have outright hostility toward anyone with beliefs different from their own.
The only one expressing hostility is you.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:19 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The only one expressing hostility is you.
Am I? Please tell me how.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
I am so glad that the party of tolerance is showing their true colors.

If it were a Quran or Torah I think some of the tolerant leftists would go from laughing to assuming that someone on the right deliberately mismarked it and being offended.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
This is nothing to be offended about. What matters is your own feeling towards the Bible and not what others feel. Let's not freak out too much.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Old 11-19-2013, 04:23 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am so glad that the party of tolerance is showing their true colors.

If it were a Quran or Torah I think some of the tolerant leftists would go from laughing to assuming that someone on the right deliberately mismarked it and being offended.
This isn't really a left/right issue. There are plenty of right wingers who also dislike religion and religious people.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:28 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This isn't really a left/right issue. There are plenty of right wingers who also dislike religion and religious people.
True, but I see lefties on here displaying near glee over this. Yet they self-proclaim they represent tolerance and acceptance.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:29 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
As usual, the atheists come out in droves on the internet spouting their hate.

Anyone who denounces the bible as complete fiction is a moron. A lot of it consists of fake fairy tales, but there are tons of historical facts included.
When it comes to labeling books, anything that can be reasonably considered fiction in the book calls for the book itself to be labeled as such. If I wrote a book wherein Superman kills Hitler, it doesn't matter how many historical facts I include. It's still a work of fiction. The big-budget movie Titanic (1997) is a work of fiction.

That being said, I agree with this guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Personally, I think they should take pains to be somewhat respectful. And this is coming from someone that has little respect for the Bible.

After all, this is a business we're discussing. Offending Christians isn't exactly a good business plan.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:31 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Congratulations to Costco for labelling the Bible as fiction... and then not taking any guff from complainers. Talking snakes only exist in cartoons. Let the War on Christians boycotts begin. Never mind that they are one of the few retailers paying a living wage and are closed this Thanksgiving.

“People are pretty shocked and upset,” he told me. “We are supposed to be living in an era of tolerance, but what Costco did doesn’t seem too tolerant.” I called Costco headquarters in Issaquah, Wash. hoping to get answers. The nice lady who answered the phone told me she was aware of the issue and chalked it up to a “human error at a warehouse.”
“It’s all fixed,” she said.
But actually, it’s not fixed – because there’s a boatload of Bibles in the Simi Valley store still marked as fiction.
At that point, the nice lady on the phone became not-so-nice and promptly informed me that Costco doesn’t talk to the press.
“Nothing to report,” she said curtly.

https://www.facebook.com/Costco (the comments are entertaining)
Costco -- the Bible is fiction | Fox News

We need a new Thread Category titled "Ignorance" and this thread should be in it.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:33 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
True, but I see lefties on here displaying near glee over this. Yet they self-proclaim they represent tolerance and acceptance.
Are you sure you which is which on CD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies