Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 03:15 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,945,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Harley the horses have left the barn when it comes to Data that can be retrieved from your car to determine your driving parameters.,Automobile Crash Event Data Recorder Downloading your cell phone can be monitored to fill in the blanks .
Fascist America? i think its more naive America who thinks their addiction to technology wouldnt come back to bite them in the butt.
One shouldn't be addicted to anything. However, tech is a tool, many different kinds. Tech is not the issue, but rather the model that encourages the mentality that is prevailing and the use of technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 03:25 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,417,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I like the idea of google driving. Then let them be liable.
Shrug. Most likely it will be rolled into your insurance. If it wasn't then the cost would be rolled up into the purchase of the self driving hardware and software.

All told on the average we spend 100 hours a year commuting to and from work. I want that time back.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:28 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,155,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I don't think the Tea Partiers will like that much. Next thing they will want to know the speed of mobility scooters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
From what I've seen, most Tea Partiers are still staring at that blinking clock of their VCR...
Why do you guys have to bring the TEA Party into absolutely everything?

Seriously - are you guys, and especially you, borrego, so completely warped that EVERYTHING is somehow connected to the TEA Party?

I think you should seek some professional help. Really. Your obsession is way past unhealthy.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Shrug. Most likely it will be rolled into your insurance. If it wasn't then the cost would be rolled up into the purchase of the self driving hardware and software.

All told on the average we spend 100 hours a year commuting to and from work. I want that time back.
I have no doubt the govt would get theirs. However, it should impact the liability model.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:27 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,417,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I have no doubt the govt would get theirs. However, it should impact the liability model.
In what way-really?

When we drive now the liability model is on us for our driving performance. Does that mean then that if I have a self driving car there should be no liability for me if I exclusively use that? And instead I should say....pay Google a monthly payment to cover the liability? I mean I suppose that would work.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
In what way-really?

When we drive now the liability model is on us for our driving performance. Does that mean then that if I have a self driving car there should be no liability for me if I exclusively use that? And instead I should say....pay Google a monthly payment to cover the liability? I mean I suppose that would work.
Well this is a complex subject, but you as the owner of the vehicle would probably still be held liable. You as an owner and you as a driver are different. Certainly the manufacturer of a self-driven vehicle could be held liable if the vehicle was driving itself.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,906,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
oh, how novel. borregokid is babbling about mobility scooters again
he does seem to have a fetish for those things doesnt he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The local governments will ban all these self-driving cars, they won't get enough traffic tickets to fund their stash... while at the same time, saying they are trying to protect their residents...
but only after the the first 50 or accidents have occurred due to a manufacturers defect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Why do you guys have to bring the TEA Party into absolutely everything?

Seriously - are you guys, and especially you, borrego, so completely warped that EVERYTHING is somehow connected to the TEA Party?

I think you should seek some professional help. Really. Your obsession is way past unhealthy.
the liberals seem to have a fetish for the tea party for some reason. perhaps they want to join up up and help out?

Old 11-21-2013, 05:21 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,433,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
From what I've seen, most Tea Partiers are still staring at that blinking clock of their VCR...
I put a piece of black tape over mine.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:34 PM

544 posts, read 611,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The local governments will ban all these self-driving cars, they won't get enough traffic tickets to fund their stash... while at the same time, saying they are trying to protect their residents...

No, they'll start ticketing for people walking while texting.

In all seriousness, they will likely just start charging taxes on soda and fast food places.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:44 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,227,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
That's it.

You know, just because we've been encroached on, it's a GREAT idea to do it some more, all in the name of having the government make all our decisions for us. You know, you're one scary subservient masochist.
We were encroached on starting 50 years ago...

Just what are YOU doing to get your friends, your schoolmates, your friends at work to vote?

How many times have you written your congressman? your senators? the president?

I'll wager not a damned thing, just gripe, whine and chant your mantra:

OH POOR ME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies