Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Really?

If I were to lose a family member to something preventable and correctable (say drunk driving), or to lose a child or have a child suffer at the hands of a child molester, I would guarantee that I would be at the forefront of any campaign to prevent it from happening to another family.

There are lots of parents who have become activists after losing a child (Polly Klass' father for one, as well as John Walsh and the mothers who advocated for the Amber Alert and Megan's Law).

I imagine, that for these parents, becoming activists is how they manage to survive a parent's worst nightmare.

This.

As far as how the families reacted to this tragedy, I think none of us have a right to judge what is the right way to grieve the loss. For years leading up to my father's death, I thought I would be a mess - crying, inconsolable, etc. When it actually happened, it took me MONTHS to process his absence. I hardly cried at his funeral yet I've cried at other people's funerals. Hell, I cry over songs and movies. Some losses are so profound and so deep that even basic feelings are absent in the beginning.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:52 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Really?

If I were to lose a family member to something preventable and correctable (say drunk driving), or to lose a child or have a child suffer at the hands of a child molester, I would guarantee that I would be at the forefront of any campaign to prevent it from happening to another family.

There are lots of parents who have become activists after losing a child (Polly Klass' father for one, as well as John Walsh and the mothers who advocated for the Amber Alert and Megan's Law).

I imagine, that for these parents, becoming activists is how they manage to survive a parent's worst nightmare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Sorry, I can't tell the future. FWIW, I see nothing wrong with tighter gun control laws especially in the wake of horrific tragedies like the above. The difference between them and our country? The three you mentioned learned their lesson after the first time. Us? We're like 12 year old adolescents who don't learn.
Quote:
Out of line??? Why? Should we not seek to improve our society? It is blatantly obvious we have serious issues in this society which leads to these types of shootings. Burying your head in the sand isn't going to change a damn thing.
This is exactly why people believe there may be a conspiracy.

Like it or not.

Personally I have a SERIOUS problem with this people using this event to grab guns. In fact I am disgusted that they have done so.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:02 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post

Personally I have a SERIOUS problem with this people using this event to grab guns.
I'm sure you do.
Quote:
In fact I am disgusted that they have done so.
And I'm disgusted by the fact that gun huggers have such tunnel vision and are so obsessed by firearms that they are not even willing to compromise on some common sense laws that might actually keep weapons out of the hands of people like Adam Lanza or Holmes or any number of others who should never have been allowed access to their weapons.

YOUR rights? What about the rights of those Sandy Hook parents who should have been looking forward to spending another holiday season with their children?

Anyway, to hell with it - I'm out of here.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
This is exactly why people believe there may be a conspiracy.

Like it or not.

Personally I have a SERIOUS problem with this people using this event to grab guns. In fact I am disgusted that they have done so.

Most normal people use events as catalysts to change. Its completely 100% normal to do so.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:16 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,197 times
Quote:
Most normal people use events as catalysts to change. Its completely 100% normal to do so.
But for every victim here to come out as pawns and puppets - you mean to tell me not one of them were against using this event to push the agenda?

It's far too convenient that that would be the case, and likewise why people find the ordeal at least a little fishy.

Plus stuff like this:

Sandy Hook School Shooting Hoax Fraud Robbie Parker Actor Exposed Smiling Laughing then Fake Crying - YouTube

Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Actually, that's not where I'm coming from.
You may have successfully deluded yourself, I don't think I care.

Quote:
Like I told Mathguy, the reason I started questioning whether or not this was real was due to the fact that the reaction from the family members of these victims. They were so calm and under control. And when they "cried" tears never fell from their eyes. It was crocodile tears.
And who the f.ck are you to evaluate whether people's bereavement live up to your arbitrary standards?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:53 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You may have successfully deluded yourself, I don't think I care.

And who the f.ck are you to evaluate whether people's bereavement live up to your arbitrary standards?
I'm Pink-freakin'-mani! That's who I am.

And I'm not creating a standard. I'm just pointing out the difference between the way the Sandy Hook parents reacted to the loss of their children and the way other parents reacted. Such as, Elizabeth Smart, Madeline McCann, Trayvon Martin, Jessica Ridgeway, Autumn Pasquale, and Rebecca Sedwick. Their parents were balling, begging and pleading for answers, and angry for what happened to their kiddos.

People can grieve in their own way. It's just odd that all 26 families were calm and when they cried they had crocodile tears.

Quote:
But for every victim here to come out as pawns and puppets - you mean to tell me not one of them were against using this event to push the agenda?

It's far too convenient that that would be the case, and likewise why people find the ordeal at least a little fishy.

Plus stuff like this:

Sandy Hook School Shooting Hoax Fraud Robbie Parker Actor Exposed Smiling Laughing then Fake Crying - YouTube
Thank you! Those Crocodile tears! Same thing with Victoria Soto's siblings.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:12 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,031,904 times
Quote:

And I'm not creating a standard. I'm just pointing out the difference between the way the Sandy Hook parents reacted to the loss of their children and the way other parents reacted. Such as, Elizabeth Smart, Madeline McCann, Trayvon Martin, Jessica Ridgeway, Autumn Pasquale, and Rebecca Sedwick. Their parents were balling, begging and pleading for answers, and angry for what happened to their kiddos.

People can grieve in their own way. It's just odd that all 26 families were calm and when they cried they had crocodile tears.

Thank you! Those Crocodile tears! Same thing with Victoria Soto's siblings.
Do you realize how despicable you are?

As for the "gun grab" aspect, if anyone is too stupid to understand sensible people wanting to limit access to guns after 20 1st graders get blasted by one maniac, I'd rather not know they exist also. To think that your own selfish, mentally stunted, twisted feelings and fascination with guns superscedes the feelings of some parent whose kids just got mowed down is pretty much psychotic on it's OWN.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:19 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Oh. I would have thought anyone who felt qualified to comment on a matter like that would hold some sort of degree in psychology, with perhaps a few published articles on disaster reactions, mass trauma psychology, that sort of thing. But it appears that checking out other people's grief is nothing but a sort of hobby of yours.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Plus stuff like this:

I don't think every victim's loved ones are involved in the gun control reform push. AFAIK, there is a core group of about 10. Your video proves nothing. Again, referencing my father's death (who died at a young age by the way) all of us gathered at his home. Being around cousins, his siblings, etc, we all had good laughs and I'm positive appeared jovial. Who are we to judge what is right or wrong for others in the way they emote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies