Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 11:57 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It was to a specific poster.. Hmmm... I was under the impression that comments were open for all to read and comment on.
Well you are feel free to answer to any post obviously...... If you just jump into a conversation then be prepared to defend yourself my feverishly.....

Quote:
So, let me see if I have this straight. If I don't see things as you do, then I am biased. Have much company in your ivory tower? I didn't find much positive in the Bush administration either and I am betting you would probably agree on that. But I am biased? Here is a new word for you to look up and learn.
You have it backwards. It was just an exercise in having an open mind..... naming one thing you like about Obama......

Quote:
OBJECTIVITY. Learn it, live it. Look beyond the obvious. Put down your pom poms and start studying things with an open OBJECTIVE mind.
...well how about you first and name something positive you believe Obama has done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Well you are feel free to answer to any post obviously...... If you just jump into a conversation then be prepared to defend yourself my feverishly.....

You have it backwards. It was just an exercise in having an open mind..... naming one thing you like about Obama......

...well how about you first and name something positive you believe Obama has done.
I sincerely can't think of anything that has been positive about this administration. Many give him credit for giving the order to take out Osama Bin Laden. What American wouldn't have given the same order? That would be about the only thing that even remotely I can think of that this administration has contributed. His foreign policy is a nightmare, his domestic policy is mediocre at best, the ACA is quickly turning into a disaster of epic proportions. Virtually everything you care to name has been a dismal failure. I don't blame Obama, but rather the American people for electing a president out of popularity rather than qualification. This president has never held a position in a leadership role before, has never run a business, has never been in the military, and understands none of the concepts of any of them.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:13 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
I sincerely can't think of anything that has been positive about this administration. Many give him credit for giving the order to take out Osama Bin Laden. What American wouldn't have given the same order? That would be about the only thing that even remotely I can think of that this administration has contributed. His foreign policy is a nightmare, his domestic policy is mediocre at best, the ACA is quickly turning into a disaster of epic proportions. Virtually everything you care to name has been a dismal failure. I don't blame Obama, but rather the American people for electing a president out of popularity rather than qualification. This president has never held a position in a leadership role before, has never run a business, has never been in the military, and understands none of the concepts of any of them.
So.... you don't give him credit for Bin Laden then? Convince me you have an open mind.......

And no leadership position.... only business and military counts?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conservative-voter View Post
Obamacare is a disgrace, why should I pay for unemployed layabouts to get free medical treatment?
You already pay for them anyway when they show up at the hospital with acute problems. Why do conservatives not get this.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
So.... you don't give him credit for Bin Laden then? Convince me you have an open mind.......

And no leadership position.... only business and military counts?
In case you hadn't noticed Bin Laden wasn't exactly the most popular guy in the world. The order to take him out was a no brainer. Not to mention it was politically expedient.
In his short tenure in the Senate he never authored a single bill.
What had he done that would qualify him to be the president of the most powerful nation on earth? I can see no qualifications what so ever.... What leadership role has he ever held of any significance? What experience did he bring to the table? What have been his accomplishments of significant proportion since elected? It doesn't exactly make a very attractive balance sheet.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:42 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
A quote from the great leader today...........

“If you work in non-profit open your doors and use your email lists to help people learn facts. If you got a radio show spread the work on air. If you’re a bartender have a happy hour.”

Yes lets have happy hour and tell drunk folks how great obamacare is. It's just unbelievable how this great Harvard educated "smarter than everybody else" genius according to the swooners is such a complete and utter fool. So bartenders are supposed to sell the plan because the website is a mess. LOL. Just unreal.
The website no longer sucks for consumers. Still issues on the backend for insurance companies those errors have to get fixed.

As more and more people sign up as more and more people get medicaid, conservatives have nothing to offer.

This is a losing hand for conservatives and it always has been.

Our media focuses on the sensational without regards to longer term thinking.

Sure the website roll out was an epic disaster. It was worse then I imagined it could be, and was hugely negative, hugely embarrassing.

But the fundamentals remained the same, people want affordable insurance.

This law takes steps to provide affordable insurance to millions of Americans.

As long as consumers deem the insurance affordable, it will succeed. The costs of the health insurance plans were the key and remain the key to the success or failure of the law not the website. And since the costs of those health insurance plans on average based on all reports are lower than forecast.......

These are the basic dynamics. The website not working was bad, but the website not working never changed those fundamental facts about the ultimate success of the law.

Last edited by Iamme73; 12-05-2013 at 12:50 AM..

Old 12-05-2013, 05:40 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes it's quite amazing and the swooners just chime in screaming "Obama.....Obama.....Obama". They are so lost it's amazing. They believe more in liberalism than Obama I think. When the sheet shakes out they will blame him too and find another liberal who will do their madness "the right way". Communists are like that. They don't blame communism they say it just wasn't done right............bury the bodies and move on.org
Why did you vote for him then?

Old 12-05-2013, 06:57 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Actually you make a point, but not the one you've been trying to make I'm afraid. You want someone to say something good about the Obama administration, and yet not even you have come out with a single thing that has been positive. Frankly, I don't hate Obama, but I can't honestly think of anything that he has accomplished that I would consider positive either. I can name any number of negatives. I'll keep thinking. Perhaps I will remember something.
Here's a 'short' list:

Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 462 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. | Dan from Squirrel Hill's Blog

Old 12-05-2013, 06:58 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Facts such as....

Your premiums will go down by $2,500

If you like your doctor you can keep him

If you like your plan, you can keep it

Old 12-05-2013, 07:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Well.........we have officially become a banana republic now

More whiny right wing bellyaching.

These "patriots" sure are down on America.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies