Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 04:09 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times

Advertisements

Brag about it, crow about, make fun of Cruz and the Tea Party, ding dong the wicked repeal effort is dead. Congratulations to you and your ilk.

But get ready for massive bipartisan energy to reform the "health care reform." Many, like me, will have the worst insurance policies we've ever had with our new ObamaJunk Policies with the high deductibles, ridiculous and unprecedented high coinsurance (50%?) and higher out-of-pocket exposures than we've ever had before. Others will discover the joys of healthcare.gov when their employers drop coverage and pay the penalty instead. And the law as written is not really capable of being implemented--employers needing to know every employee's total household income in order to determine compliance with the "percentage of income" limitations? Never gonna happen.

The repeal effort was brain-dead, I'll be the first to agree with you. But the knee-jerk defense of a horribly flawed law is just as bad. Now that healthcare.gov is a little less non-functional, millions more will learn how drastically oversold the ACA was. And Obama's ratings will continue to slip, the lamest of lame ducks already.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Brag about it, crow about, make fun of Cruz and the Tea Party, ding dong the wicked repeal effort is dead. Congratulations to you and your ilk.

But get ready for massive bipartisan energy to reform the "health care reform." Many, like me, will have the worst insurance policies we've ever had with our new ObamaJunk Policies with the high deductibles, ridiculous and unprecedented high coinsurance (50%?) and higher out-of-pocket exposures than we've ever had before. Others will discover the joys of healthcare.gov when their employers drop coverage and pay the penalty instead. And the law as written is not really capable of being implemented--employers needing to know every employee's total household income in order to determine compliance with the "percentage of income" limitations? Never gonna happen.

The repeal effort was brain-dead, I'll be the first to agree with you. But the knee-jerk defense of a horribly flawed law is just as bad. Now that healthcare.gov is a little less non-functional, millions more will learn how drastically oversold the ACA was. And Obama's ratings will continue to slip, the lamest of lame ducks already.
You've heard it said that there is no such thing as an extinct volcano. Neither is the repeal effort dead.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:27 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Don't have to repeal it; just defund it.

Same effect.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:28 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That will not stop the 24/7 lies, misinformation and propaganda machine from pumping out the BS, but the right wing will have to find something else to rant about. Maybe revive BENGHAZI or the IRS non- scandal.

the cons don't have to pursue obamacare repeal....obamacare is in its own death spiral, from its-self

Old 12-06-2013, 04:30 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
There will be less obama supporters when all the young people begin to find out what they'll be paying for their insurance.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:43 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
So theres less than 20 business days left to sign up, get the info from insurance company, and pay that premium.
That's to get coverage beginning on January first. Open enrollment for this first round goes until March 31, 2014.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:45 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

B.) At this point, the GOP just needs to let the Dems own Obamacare. It's the Democrats train wreck. Not a single Republican voted for it. Some of their claims may be exaggerated, but the Affordable Care Act is already an impossible mess and we're only getting started. When the feces hits the fan, the GOP can stand up and say, "We tried." And if by some miracle, the ACA comes off smelling like roses then the Dems get all the bragging rights.
Very wise.

If I were a political strategist -- and thank God I am not -- I would simply have the Republicans follow your advice. Just let the D's own it. Period. Stop talking, and start getting focused on things that MATTER TO THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY. In the mid-term elections, I would run commercials with no sound -- just a black background, with the words on the screen "Obamacare -- supported ONLY by Democrats", and then list the details of the disaster that is Obamacare.

If I were one of Obama's advisers, I would tell him "Shut your lying mouth. And hope like hell that the Dec. 31st deadline is successful. THEN you can start running your mouth again. If not, you better learn to compromise."

The problem with both parties is they simply don't know when to shut the f**k up. Silence can be a very powerful thing -- provided you haven't been lying your @ss off (yes, Barack, I'm talking to you.....)

Old 12-06-2013, 04:50 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
That's to get coverage beginning on January first. Open enrollment for this first round goes until March 31, 2014.
Yes true. The op was mentioning those who will be covered on jan 1st.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:54 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Very wise.

If I were a political strategist -- and thank God I am not -- I would simply have the Republicans follow your advice. Just let the D's own it. Period. Stop talking, and start getting focused on things that MATTER TO THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY. In the mid-term elections, I would run commercials with no sound -- just a black background, with the words on the screen "Obamacare -- supported ONLY by Democrats", and then list the details of the disaster that is Obamacare.

If I were one of Obama's advisers, I would tell him "Shut your lying mouth. And hope like hell that the Dec. 31st deadline is successful. THEN you can start running your mouth again. If not, you better learn to compromise."

The problem with both parties is they simply don't know when to shut the f**k up. Silence can be a very powerful thing -- provided you haven't been lying your @ss off (yes, Barack, I'm talking to you.....)
Very true! The problem with lying is once you start you need to keep doing it to cover for the previous lies. Its a death spiral of lies.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:55 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Of course they backed off of repeal, nobody expected Obamacare to fail so spectacularly so quickly:

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself"

Obamacare has become the gift that keeps on giving to the Republicans.
And yet, it's the Republicans who are working themselves into a frenzy about the ACA here on these boards. You would think if you were so certain it was going to be such an abject failure you would be more relaxed about it, but you guys are verging on the hysterical (and both definitions of the word apply here.) The posts in the ACA threads number in the thousands, and I'd say 75 percent of them are from Conservatives. You know that saying about protesting too much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies