Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 04:45 AM

7,529 posts, read 5,776,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That will not stop the 24/7 lies, misinformation and propaganda machine from pumping out the BS, but the right wing will have to find something else to rant about. Maybe revive BENGHAZI or the IRS non- scandal.
I can wait until November. It's going to be like an early Christmas!

Old 12-07-2013, 06:21 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,175,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That will not stop the 24/7 lies, misinformation and propaganda machine from pumping out the BS, but the right wing will have to find something else to rant about. Maybe revive BENGHAZI or the IRS non- scandal.
You are absolutely right. We need to get Obama and the Democrats to stop providing us the 24/7 lies, misinformation and propaganda.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:30 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,774,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Wasn't the House preparing a real bill to reform the ACA? It would be nice to see the GOP try to lead for once instead of fear-mongering and opposing at any cost.
It's funny how Obama has been at work, and I use that term loosely, for 5 years and nothing is his fault and getting nothing done is his fault, but Congress has been there for 3 and EVERYTHING is theirs.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:35 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,200,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
It's funny how Obama has been at work, and I use that term loosely, for 5 years and nothing is his fault and getting nothing done is his fault, but Congress has been there for 3 and EVERYTHING is theirs.
I don't think it's funny at all. And I intend to work against every single Republican I can to see that we don't repeat this do-nothing-Congress fiasco ever again.

The absolutely Insane Party of Hatred and No is fully responsible for this fiasco and needs to be given the boot WITH Bright Red Neon Lights telling them to get their act together before they try to come back.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:43 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,722,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Would you rather they not have insurance and the rest of us having to pay if something happens to them and they end up in the ER. I'm tired of paying for the uninsured. So what is the cheaper way to solve this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I tend to believe that we can solve this problem for less than a Trillion dollars and destroying the Health Insurance/Patient Doctor relationships of 87% of the American public ……… but that's just me.

You may have a different plan in mind.

This trillion dollar figure keeps getting thrown out like its some massive amount of money thats never been spent before. Medicare will be pushing 7-8 trillion dollars in the same period and VA and Tricare combined will be way past one trillion. As far as it being a take over of health care it will only be about 5% of total health spending and about one sixth the size of Medicare. The ACA is Paul Ryans plan for Medicare which most Republicans have voted on to support.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:45 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,408,695 times
It's funny how the neo-cons keep saying "Yeah, it's good people can't be denied for pre-existing conditions, etc", but don't offer any sort of alternative plan other than "repeal Obamacare" which would put us right back in the same boat.

Sorry guys, we've seen this song and dance for way too long. I'm reminded of this speech by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on similar issues, because it's so apt today:

FDR "Let Me Warn You" (1936).m4v - YouTube

Old 12-07-2013, 06:49 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,774,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
I don't think it's funny at all. And I intend to work against every single Republican I can to see that we don't repeat this do-nothing-Congress fiasco ever again.

The absolutely Insane Party of Hatred and No is fully responsible for this fiasco and needs to be given the boot WITH Bright Red Neon Lights telling them to get their act together before they try to come back.
Did you work so fiercely against a do nothing president as well?

Old 12-07-2013, 06:52 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,200,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Did you work so fiercely against a do nothing president as well?
Admittedly, I didn't work hard against Bush but I tried to prevent him from getting into office once and then tried to get him out of office.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,347,041 times
Default Oh, my, is this little leftist 'Love fest' still going on?

Leftists love to pat themselve on the back when they think they are victorious. However, I think the celebration is a bit premature. And, in the end, you will be the ones crying, I'm sure.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:10 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,307,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post

Huh? So...a plan for public policy only counts as a plan for public policy if it is public policy right now? Hmm...I guess Democrats had no plans whatsoever during the Bush years, since none of their "plans" were passed into law in their entirety, and HR 676 (Medicare for All) doesn't count as a plan, either, nor do Kucinich and Conyers count as interested in public policy, since that wasn't enacted into law. I also suppose Hillary Clinton wasn't interested in public policy, either, when she created Hillarycare, but that wasn't passed into law, so that doesn't count as being interested. Those are some strange definitions of "plan" and "interested in public policy", undoubtedly massaged to be able fit into false talking points, also known as lies.

Are you being purposefully dense? No, public policy doesn't only count if it gets passed, but that is a key factor enacting one's ideas.

conservatives have enacted nothing. They can't even pass bills that other conservatives bring up for a vote. How many bills has the Speaker of the House had to pull because he didn't have the votes? How many times has Eric Cantor had to do the same?

How many times has conservative leadership said we want to do this and their own caucus says you will do nothing and they pass nothing.

During the government shutdown, conservatives in the House couldn't pass a bill to fund the government with conservative votes while the Senate conservatives were holding out from passing something in the Senate. Remember the House was going to vote first and they waited and waited and waited and finally it was announced they couldn't do it. Pathetic.

This has consistently happened over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

A person has to be completely and utterly blind to reality not to see these failures, the inability to pass legislation introduced by other conservatives because they can't get the votes from conservatives.

conservatives are not interested in public policy. You can pretend, but I won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies