Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 11:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
So then how is it an imperial presidency?

It's not just that the admin changed the rule illegally, at least according to several birder groups. It's that prior to changing the rule, they refused to enforce the rule that was in place. Only after getting flack for letting the wind companies break the law did they decide to change it so that it was no longer against the law.

Even with that, if it were just this one case, I wouldn't call it an imperial presidency, but this is one of many. Sure your phobia won't allow you to take it from a teabagger like me, but take it from a liberal law professor: this has turned into an imperial presidency.
Turley: Obama's "Become The Very Danger The Constitution Was Designed To Avoid" | Video | RealClearPolitics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 05:18 AM

545 posts, read 400,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are the one that needs to focus and I really don't think that your posts had any content that would make anyone "squirm" just wishful thinking on your part. You are attempting to pigeonhole people to suit some bizarre point you are attempting to make and you are eveidently not having much success in doing so.
You said "What kind of moron would be okay with the slaughter of ANY wildlife? Why do insist upon asking the same dumb question?". And then before that you ranted on how wildlife was being slaughtered by big oil with those links you posted. So I asked you how can you be ok with Obama giving a pass on Wind Farms to kill eagles without penalty? And now I am pigeonholing you? How so?

Old 12-08-2013, 05:47 AM

545 posts, read 400,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
There are no "deliberate" acts involved. It is the legalism that some Eagles fly into blades that are in no way intended to kill them.

It needs to be accounted and examined as to the toll and whether it can be avoided.
Ok, you are right, they may not be deliberately killing them, but they are will aware that this blades kill bats and bird by the thousands per year. Them pressuring Obama to remove some of the penalties in the death of this birds and bats so that they can enact more Wind Farms knowing it would result in the death or more birds and bats suggest they want to recklessly do so. so you are right, the don't want to deliberately kill them, just put up as many wind farms as they want to no matter how many birds and bats it will kill.

Quote:
So give me an estimate to your fairly high claim.....

How is posting exact numbers similar to the lottery?
No, my claim was that since the numbers are high right now, then it can be reasonable to think those numbers would increase noticeably if this policy is enacted.

Of course you are confused. you want me to give you a "projected" number years into the future as if such a thing feasible right now. But what I can tell you is that if a number can be projected then it would certainly be more then the current numbers right now. Not sure why you are fixated on "projected numbers" as if they will somehow be in your narrative or something.

Quote:
Because it's not about the birds or wildlife is it...... It's about liberals....

Shoot out of the sky? Please link the claim of shooting eagles out of the sky.
Yes, of course it's about liberals, their hypocrisy to be exact. When did I attempt to say it wasn't?

Sorry, shooting out of the sky was hyperbole, what I meant to say was being swatted out of the sky by massive blades moving at near tornado speeds.

Quote:
Deliberate? They aren't being hunted. Perhaps you need to reexamine the issue because you aren't making sense.
Maybe deliberate is too strong of a word, but seeing as how the Obama Administration wasn't enforcing much of the current rules, seeing as how the Wind energy industry is pushing Obama to do this, some form of deliberation can be said. These Wind companies want to enact as many wind farms as they want, knowing it will kill thousands upon thousands of birds and bats, otherwise they wouldn't have fought to have those regulations removed. Ok, so maybe them wanting to deliberately kill them is too strong and hyperbole, but recklessly and neglectfully kill them is more accurate. IF they can enact and operate these wind farms without killing the bird and bat life. then they wouldn't fight to remove these regulations. Since they can't, they want those regulations gone so they can be free to do so.

Last edited by EricGold; 12-08-2013 at 05:56 AM..

Old 12-08-2013, 05:54 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
They really underestimated the impact on birds, now approving of this as it was a mistake and should be addressed with future wind farms. The government has made mistakes in the past measuring the impact of dams on fisheries, pesticides, impact to birds where there are airports near sanctuaries, the army corp of engineers work on the Mississippi was pretty famous for the damage to wetlands in Louisiana. These weren't pre-meditated actions but very damaging, going forward they need to scrutinize any future windmill construction.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:05 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Didn't think that wildlife getting killed by Green Energy sources would be so politically charged.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:14 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Didn't think that wildlife getting killed by Green Energy sources would be so politically charged.
A lot of fake outrage from people that would strip mine Yellowstone if they thought there was a few tons of coal to be had. It`s not about Green Energy sources, it`s about finding new reasons to hate Obama.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:56 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A lot of fake outrage from people that would strip mine Yellowstone if they thought there was a few tons of coal to be had. It`s not about Green Energy sources, it`s about finding new reasons to hate Obama.

Actually, us strip miners are sitting on the side-lines enjoying the show!

As soon as the Neo-progressives finish stomping the crap out of the tree-huggers, we'll step in and demand our Keystone pipeline.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:12 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Awww, look! The righties have become environmentalists.
If Obama said he likes ribs, they'd all proclaim to be PETA members.
That is SO true. Obama could give a speech on not eating the yellow snow and Fox would spend 48 hours proclaiming that yellow snow is actually GOOD for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I've been to the wind farm fields in North Dakota. They produce a hell of a lot of power and they kill a hell of a lot of birds, eagles included. It's a bird holocaust to be honest. Makes me sick. I don't know if it's worth it or not.
I'm with this line of thinking. I pass numerous wind farms on the way to my son's college; can they not figure out a way to stop killing birds? No, I do not think they should get a 'free pass' for the next 30 years.

Quote:
So then how is it an imperial presidency?

BAHAHAHAHA. Obamatrons?!?!?! I love it. Just because I disagree with you or occasionally agree or approve of Obama's actions I must be an Obamatron or Obamabot. More generalizations!

LOLZ. It's like you tea baggers all read from the same script. Imperial presidency, King Obama, 0bama, etc......
That's all you got, a bunch of catch phrases and sound bites.
It's all right out of the same playbook and old and tired. Obamabot; Messiah, King Obama, Dear Leader; it makes it almost impossible to have any kind of rational discussion.

Quote:
LOLz. You cry about eagles and then can't post any numbers. How about 5, 10, 15 years? Or even 1 year?

Cats kill up to 3.7Billion birds annually

You wondering how environmentalists can reconcile cats killing so many birds?!?!?!

So how are the all of sudden getting slaughtered then?!?!! Or better yet, define "slaughter" in the context of how you are using it.

Did eagles magically bypass wind farms before the Obama Administration? Were no eagles killed before the Imperial King Obama got elected?
I think the point is that Obama passed legislation saying it was ok. I don't agree with this legislation either - but I would like to know how many birds we are talking about per year.

Last edited by Ringo1; 12-08-2013 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies