Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 04:40 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Dreams View Post
And who deserves more credit, non blacks or blacks? I have never heard of hundred, thousands or millions of whites, Asians and Hispanics fighting for civil rights in America alongside blacks.
You didn't say anything about who deserved MORE credit, you said that blacks deserved ALL the credit which is simply wrong. Just admit you were wrong and we can move past this brief example of ignorance that you've chosen to stick with.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:42 PM

136 posts, read 116,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You didn't say anything about who deserved MORE credit, you said that blacks deserved ALL the credit which is simply wrong. Just admit you were wrong and we can move past this brief example of ignorance that you've chosen to stick with.
In my opinion, since blacks were on the front lines of the civil rights movement, blacks deserve the credit.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:42 PM

Viola Gregg Liuzzo, a housewife and mother from Detroit, drove alone to Alabama to help with the Selma march after seeing televised reports of the attack at the Edmund Pettus Bridge. She was driving marchers back to Selma from Montgomery when she was shot and killed by a Klansmen in a passing car.

Jonathan Myrick Daniels, an Episcopal Seminary student in Boston, had come to Alabama to help with black voter registration in Lowndes County. He was arrested at a demonstration, jailed in Hayneville and then suddenly released. Moments after his release, he was shot to death by a deputy sheriff.

Vernon Ferdinand Dahmer, a wealthy businessman, offered to pay poll taxes for those who couldn’t afford the fee required to vote. The night after a radio station broadcasted Dahmer’s offer, his home was firebombed. Dahmer died later from severe burns.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
In my opinion, since blacks were on the front lines of the civil rights movement, blacks deserve the credit.
And I'm sure all of the non-black people who died fighting for civil rights would agree that your opinion is based on ignorance and sheer stupidity.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
And I'm sure all of the non-black people who died fighting for civil rights would agree that your opinion is based on ignorance and sheer stupidity.
Sweety, You posted 3 white people. Let me start playing my violin. I could post hundreds of thousands of blacks who fought for civil rights.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:03 PM

Malcolm and Martin, along with the millions of other blacks who fought and died in street deserve the credit for civil rights.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:14 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
The OP posted: who deserves more credit for civil rights accomplishments:

I replied, BLACKS. Say what you want, but deep down, you know that I'm correct. Without blacks mobilizing on a massive scale for civil rights, there wouldn't have been a movement. The executive and legislative branches simply did what was necessary to keep the cities from burning to the ground.
The OP posted who deserves more credit between LBJ and JFK. So you didn't even answer the question.

And you didn't just reply blacks. You replied that blacks deserve ALL the credit. You even put it in caps.

So you are giving no credit whatsoever to the white people who were beaten and killed fighting for the rights of blacks. You are giving no credit whatsoever to those who faithfully enforced those civil rights laws in areas where they weren't popular. You are giving no credit whatsoever to those in office who voted civil rights in. You are giving no credit whatsoever to the journalists who publicized the struggle. You are giving no credit whatsoever to the students and professors who organized and educated for civil rights throughout the nation.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:15 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Sweety, You posted 3 white people. Let me start playing my violin. I could post hundreds of thousands of blacks who fought for civil rights.
Go ahead and do it then. In fact, I'll make it easy for you. You only have to post ten thousand to prove your point.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Go ahead and do it then. In fact, I'll make it easy for you. You only have to post ten thousand to prove your point.
Refer to the "Eyes on the Prize" series. The series does an excellent job of documenting the thousands of blacks being beat, hosed and killed while protesting and fighting for basic civil rights. If you're too lazy to watch the series, just type in "civil rights" in google and a thousand or so images will come up. You'll notice that most of the people in those images are black. Rarely is there even a white, Native American or Asian face in the crowd. Surely, there were some whites that spoke of equality, but they were not killed, or hosed in the streets like blacks who fought for equality.

The few whites that did die fight for civil rights, received an overwhelming amount of press and coverage, while blacks who were hung and killed received little to no press coverage.

Eyes on the Prize - 01- Awakenings, 1954-1956 - YouTube

Old 12-08-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I'm not your sweetie, I'm simply an educated person pointing out your ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies