Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 05:35 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This entire story is hilarious and so typical of the atmosphere around 0bama.
He interpreted exactly what I hear when Obama speaks...

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.

I wonder if Obama even understands the words he says after he's read them off the teleprompter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 08:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He interpreted exactly what I hear when Obama speaks...

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.

I wonder if Obama even understands the words he says after he's read them off the teleprompter.
LOL exactly!

Old 12-12-2013, 08:56 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This entire story is hilarious and so typical of the atmosphere around 0bama.
Exactly. I laughed, too, aside from the secret service issue (which I'm not diminishing). I also had to laugh at the overreaction on yesterday's Today Show by the crew at the desk to their cameraman's hysterical impression of the faker. Not even 10 minutes went by before Lauer had to apologize and the rest of the gang felt compelled to chime in and agree. Then I heard that Marlee Matlin was on the loose, going after the Today Show over what she apparently considered to be their egregious insensitivity.

We all just need to lighten up, folks.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Saturday night live shoukd be classic this week. I can see the skits right now with this stuff hapening

Old 12-12-2013, 10:55 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Exactly. I laughed, too, aside from the secret service issue (which I'm not diminishing). I also had to laugh at the overreaction on yesterday's Today Show by the crew at the desk to their cameraman's hysterical impression of the faker. Not even 10 minutes went by before Lauer had to apologize and the rest of the gang felt compelled to chime in and agree. Then I heard that Marlee Matlin was on the loose, going after the Today Show over what she apparently considered to be their egregious insensitivity.

We all just need to lighten up, folks.
Oh, for Pete's sake. I remember when the Stuttering Society of America went nuts over A Fish Called Wanda. No doubt Lauer said the story was "trending", his favorite new word that causes me to instantly change the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Saturday night live shoukd be classic this week. I can see the skits right now with this stuff hapening
Shoot, I might have to watch. I haven't watched that show in a good 30 years.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:23 AM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
He was doing the 'sign language' version of glossolalia (i.e. speaking in tongues)

Glossolalia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-12-2013, 12:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
He was doing the 'sign language' version of glossolalia (i.e. speaking in tongues)

Glossolalia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't think it was this. I believe he is a conartist. I worked with a woman the used multiple books on sign language and many were out dated. She needed sign language for every word or saying so took a bit from each book. It wasn't proper, kind of like someone looking up every word in English then transfering it to Spanish but not using the proper verbs or tenses.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:47 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
What amazes me is a "fake" interpreter who has also now admitted to having schizophrenia AND hallucinating while "signing " on the podium was allowed to be feet from our President along with numerous other world leaders during the memorial. How could this be allowed to happen??

Old 12-12-2013, 01:15 PM

519 posts, read 1,023,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
The best comment on that politico site...

There were about 50 different nationalities present with most of
them providing speakers. Why would anyone think that one lone
individual could speak 50 different languages and also translate
them into Sign? Answer == the Obama administration.

What a great comment for someone to post. I never considered that until reading it.

One reason you never considered it is because that poster evidently thinks that the Obama administration had something to do with the interpreter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies