Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 04:54 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

NSA: No better way to protect US than surveillance

US National Security Agency (NSA) chief says he knows of no better way his agency can help protect the US from foreign threats than with spy programs that collect billions of phone and Internet records from around the world.

Pleading with the Senate Judiciary Committee to not abolish the NSA bulk-collection programs, Gen. Keith Alexander said Wednesday that global threats are growing — specifically in Iraq and Syria — that pose what he called "an unacceptable risk" to America.

Alexander said the NSA is open to talking to technology companies for a better solution without compromising security.

Really??

I will quote tennis great John McEnroe - "You can't be serious!"

I guess it is easier to assume every is guilty first and get everyone's info than to do investigative work first, get approvals to search certain people's data, and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 04:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Mark my words....one day....NSA-procured records of individuals will make their way into criminal and civil court proceedings having no "national security" merit. The first, second, and third time it happens, defendants' attorneys will fight this "new found information" presented by the prosecutor and the judge will disallow it. It will just be chalked up to an "error" by a "low-level" NSA employees who "accidentally" released the records. The fourth time and beyond, it will be considered "new policy" to allow "certain records" picked up by "spy operations" to be "allowed" in a "court of law."

It's called "incrementalism" and it knows no bounds when it comes to the United States Government.

Who wants to embark on a long-term wager with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies