Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Wow! A lot of people were put in danger when that was closed and btw...when the teapublicans shut down the government, what did they think would happen? Anyway off topic.
IT's not off topic, vengeance from a political party for taking a stand against that party is wrong no matter who it is....

Old 01-11-2014, 12:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
To be quite frank, I haven't caught up on the minute-to-minute "this just in" "breaking news" commentaries on TV. I'm reading, I'm listening, but I'm not consumed by it. I do plan on doing a quick scan of the documents released, but I'm surely not going to invest time to read all 2000 plus pages.

I really don't care, but I do care when people make statements and determinations based on only what they know at this point and assuming that they know more than everyone else as to what is going on.

I started to care less and less about government since January 20, 2001. My care level is at E. I'm running on fumes right now.
It's actually not breaking news about the two Port Authority appointees. Those resignations came weeks ago and I have zero intentions of reading any of the emails. The reporters and investigators will sift thru that mess and release the pertinent stuff.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
IT's not off topic, vengeance from a political party for taking a stand against that party is wrong no matter who it is....
I was referring to the subject of the shutdown by the Teapublicans which has enough threads of its own.

If you can produce the Obama administration's equivalent of the blatantly incriminating Christie office emails to the Port Authority, you might have something there. But common sense and logic dictates that when you shut down the government, you automatically shut down government institutions which are patrolled and maintained by government employees. Not a very difficult concept to understand.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Nice try on your behalf for up playing all of this stating that the administration is corrupt.

Mostly likely no one does care about the "little people". Be they at the bottom, in the middle or at the top of the administration they are still part of Christie's administration. You are accusing them of being corrupt when you claim that the Christie administration is corrupt.
Yes I am accusing a low level employee as being corrupt because that is the issue here.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes I am accusing a low level employee as being corrupt because that is the issue here.
Deputy chief of staff is not low level, especially when that person was slated to be the chief of staff.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Deputy chief of staff is not low level, especially when that person was slated to be the chief of staff.
Oh I know, some people in here act like this is about some low level secretary.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:10 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's actually not breaking news about the two Port Authority appointees. Those resignations came weeks ago and I have zero intentions of reading any of the emails. The reporters and investigators will sift thru that mess and release the pertinent stuff.
I said 3 - so I was off by one. I was thinking about the two that resigned before the story broke and the aid that was fired.

Don't take what I say to you so personally. This is the second time you have done that. Do I need to use these ? or make a point that I'm not reacting to what you post, just commenting?

Old 01-11-2014, 02:19 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

LOL. First you accuse the entire administration of being corrupt. Then when you were able to comprehend my post, you asked me if you should correct yourself, acknowledging the difference between some and not all.

When you make a statement that an ADMINISTRATION is corrupt you are referring to everyone that works within that administration, hence you are accusing EVERYONE from top to bottom of being corrupt. Do you need me to break it down to you the way I would to a 4 year old???

Old 01-11-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
LOL. First you accuse the entire administration of being corrupt. Then when you were able to comprehend my post, you asked me if you should correct yourself, acknowledging the difference between some and not all. Then you say NO ONE cares about the low level employees, and here you are accusing a low level employee of being corrupt. Well, that would mean someone cares - and that would be you. Can't tell you how silly you look.

Make up you mind will ya???
The eye roll meant that the post was sarcastic.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:35 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Don't want to speak for the poster, but I think he was shooting for sarcasm there.

Meanwhile, Christie's Chief of Staff (Bridge-it Kelly' BOSS), has a hearing this week to confirm him as NJ's Attorney General! Isn't THAT just wonderful?

Christie's nominee for attorney general facing tougher scrutiny - NorthJersey.com

Yeah, this guy really knows how to run a tight ship- lets put him in charge of all 25,000 LE employees in the state
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies