Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 06:35 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,175,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Obama has done NO wrong here. I, as a gay man, would be as LOUD as I could if I was one of those delegates sent to the Olympics. Obama, and America is behind all those fighting for the right to exist.

I don't expect you bigots to comprehend human rights. But you do HAVE TO ACCEPT THEM! Gay people are on every corner of this world. We have been here forever and we will FOREVER be here! Get used it it!
It has nothing to do with bigotry, it has everything to do with Russia being another country. Who the hell are we to tell them how they should run their country? If they were to tell us how to run OUR country, what would WE say?

I personally do NOT agree with their laws concerning this, but, it's none of MY business. What YOU don't understand, is THEY don't have to accept anything, YOU DO. If you go to Russia, you follow THEIR laws.

Don't give ME crap because I responded with Logic to a post. I said the below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are however missing several key points.

1. Russia, whether we like it or not has LAWS that outlaw speaking about gay rights, where a child can hear the statements.
2. The person chosen by Obama is admittedly a homosexual.
3. If our representative says 1 thing positive about gay rights, while on Russian soil that a Russian minor can hear, then Russia can arrest him on sight, and ship him back to the U.S. under their law.

As soon as #3 takes place, Obama's snub becomes a counter snub, with no answer back allowed, and it makes Obama, hence America look stupid, yet again.

Obama's "pieces of paper", which a previous person here has stated should prove critical thinking skills being from a reputable establishment of higher learning have been proven otherwise on any number of occasions. One would think that LYING is counterproductive, and adverse to critical thinking skills, yet he has done so, over and over, and now, he proves yet again, those skills are absent, in sending Several openly homosexual people to Russia.

In all actuality, he has put the Russian leader in a position of power over our delegates, and technically, that leader could refuse entry of our delegates under Russian law. That would put Obama where?
in answer to your post, because you needed a dose of reality. Whether you or I agree or disagree with Russia's laws, they are in fact in place, and it's disrespectful to intentionally violate the laws of another country, just because we don't agree with them.

I understand you take everything personally. If you don't, you sure do give that appearance. You said in response to my post,
Quote:
I don't expect you bigots to comprehend human rights.
. And who are you calling a bigot? ME? WHY?. I never said what MY beliefs are, you ASSUME something so that makes it so? That's Prejudiced.

The bottom line, Russia has laws, whether you and I agree with them or not, we have to OBEY them. Obama made his choice in the face of those laws, and may have to endure certain consequences because of his choice.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,738,777 times
Quote:
Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

I understand that Obama has presided over the worst economy since the depression. From an economic standpoint things haven't been very peachy over the years.

But our president DOES stand up for the rights of minorities, whether they be sexual, religious, or racial. And he does so in the face of a world that opposes him on these issues.

To that, I say thank you Obama!
Obama is not standing up for gay rights in Russia. He's sending pawns. He doesn't have the courage to go speak for gay rights in Russia himself. The delegates he's sending need to think long and hard about how Obama treats our friends. That Pakistani doctor who helped us get Bin Laden is still in jail. Obama has no problem taking the credit and leaving the pawns to suffer.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:39 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,225,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Obama is not standing up for gay rights in Russia. He's sending pawns. He doesn't have the courage to go speak for gay rights in Russia himself. The delegates he's sending need to think long and hard about how Obama treats our friends. That Pakistani doctor who helped us get Bin Laden is still in jail. Obama has no problem taking the credit and leaving the pawns to suffer.
Indeed.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:51 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,261,291 times
what religious?
oh muslims only....I forgot.

Quote:

I understand that Obama has presided over the worst economy since the depression. From an economic standpoint things haven't been very peachy over the years.

But our president DOES stand up for the rights of minorities, whether they be sexual, religious, or racial. And he does so in the face of a world that opposes him on these issues.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:53 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,261,291 times
Right because its in our "best interests" to tell other countries your culture is wrong.

Quote:
This isn't grade school stunts. This is human rights, and Obama has for fronted this fight more than any American president has. Even when polls said it wasn't best to do so.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
what religious?
oh muslims only....I forgot.
Islam forbids homosexuality on penalty of death.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are however missing several key points.

1. Russia, whether we like it or not has LAWS that outlaw speaking about gay rights, where a child can hear the statements.
2. The person chosen by Obama is admittedly a homosexual.
3. If our representative says 1 thing positive about gay rights, while on Russian soil that a Russian minor can hear, then Russia can arrest him on sight, and ship him back to the U.S. under their law.

As soon as #3 takes place, Obama's snub becomes a counter snub, with no answer back allowed, and it makes Obama, hence America look stupid, yet again.
This thread is filled with the oh so predictable knee-jerk reaction from the right to absolutely everything this president does. If Obama had come out and said I will not be sending any openly gay delegates to the Olympics in deference and recognition to Putin and Russian law, you would have been all over him as being soft, weak and a coward, kowtowing to the Russian president. And when he comes out doing the opposite, he is to be condemned for snubbing the Russian president and provoking an international incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Silly girl. Sending openly gay delegates IS standing up for gay rights. Pawns? Do you think these delegates don't know exactly what they are doing? Do you think they are being forced or coerced to represent the U.S. as gay Olympic champions? Do you think they are stupid? They, better than anyone, know what it is like to be persecuted for who they are, and they want to be there to stand up for the repressed gay community in Russia.

The only pawns here are all of the right wingers who, like Pavlov's dogs, respond immediately and negatively to everything the president does, no matter what it happens to be. You guys are so predictable I could have written all of your responses myself without even reading the thread.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:59 AM

5,665 posts, read 5,097,767 times
Quote:
The very last thing it will do is force Russia's hand. Russia has a very large and very persecuted gay population that is desperate for someone to help them and they will rise up to stand for their rights. They already are rising up!

An increasingly gay friendly world is looking at Russia to stop its persecution of minorities.
Isn't this an internal matter for Russia to deal with however they see fit within their own nation?

And doesn't the supposed leader of the free world, however qualified or unqualified he is to hold such role, have better things to do than to concern himself with the (presumably private) sexual behaviors of Olympic representatives?

Is Nero fiddling while Rome burns, again?

Old 12-18-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Isn't this an internal matter for Russia to deal with however they see fit within their own nation?

And doesn't the supposed leader of the free world, however qualified or unqualified he is to hold such role, have better things to do than to concern himself with the (presumably private) sexual behaviors of Olympic representatives?

Is Nero fiddling while Rome burns, again?
Yes but Nero's golfing this time.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:01 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,471,509 times
Quote:

The Muslims punish homosexuality by death but Obama says and does nothing. He does, in fact, make speeches about how we must respect and admire Muslim culture.

Obama had a worldwide humiliating episode with Putin over Snowden. He then followed that up with another worldwide humiliating episode with Putin saving his bacon after his "red line" comments on Syria.

Given that, you think Obama is jabbing Putin to support homosexual rights?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.