Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 01:32 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,334,253 times

Advertisements

Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

I understand that Obama has presided over the worst economy since the depression. From an economic standpoint things haven't been very peachy over the years.

But our president DOES stand up for the rights of minorities, whether they be sexual, religious, or racial. And he does so in the face of a world that opposes him on these issues.

To that, I say thank you Obama!

Old 12-18-2013, 01:41 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
As long as those openly gay delegates do not violate Russian law and engage in homosexual acts, then there should be no problem. If they do break the law and are caught, then they've broken the law and will presumably pay for their illegal acts under Russian law.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:41 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,854,371 times
Are you also proud of all of the lies he has told over the years?

Old 12-18-2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
As long as those openly gay delegates do not violate Russian law and engage in homosexual acts, then there should be no problem. If they do break the law and are caught, then they've broken the law and will presumably pay for their illegal acts under Russian law.
Homosexual acts? These people aren't going to be having sex in public. That isn't what Russia's new law addresses.

Russia's new law states that any mention of gay rights in public can be considered a crime. Any acknowledgement of ones homosexuality in public can be considered a crime.

To deny one's right to self identify as gay in public is a violation of the rights of humans in my opinion. Russia can shove it. Which is essentially what Obama told to Putin (who is undoubtedly a racist and homophobic person).

Old 12-18-2013, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Are you also proud of all of the lies he has told over the years?
I'd vote for him again before any of the right wing crazies the Republicans are putting out these days. Ted Cruz anyone?!

Old 12-18-2013, 01:58 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,860 times
Quote:
So you believe that an official Olympic delegate will be having sex out in the open? Seriously, I understand your vehement disregard for homosexuals as American citizens, let alone human beings, but in what crazy world do you live in?

Who in their right mind outside of Jason Statham in Crank will have sex out in the open in a foreign country?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
So you believe that an official Olympic delegate will be having sex out in the open? Seriously, I understand your vehement disregard for homosexuals as American citizens, let alone human beings, but in what crazy world do you live in?

Who in their right mind outside of Jason Statham in Crank will have sex out in the open in a foreign country?
Rep'd! This is exactly what I was thinking! Don't know where that poster was getting at.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Homosexual acts? These people aren't going to be having sex in public. That isn't what Russia's new law addresses.

Russia's new law states that any mention of gay rights in public can be considered a crime. Any acknowledgement of ones homosexuality in public can be considered a crime.

To deny one's right to self identify as gay in public is a violation of the rights of humans in my opinion. Russia can shove it. Which is essentially what Obama told to Putin (who is undoubtedly a racist and homophobic person).
If what you post is accurate, then it is an intentional provocation and will force Russia's hand. Poor foreign policy in my opinion.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Ummm...you mean that you WISH that they'd get caught in homosexual acts and get prosecuted under Russian law.

LOL @ you trying to sound equanimous.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ummm...you mean that you WISH that they'd get caught in homosexual acts and get prosecuted under Russian law.

LOL @ you trying to sound equanimous.
Not at all. It's a very childish foreign policy jab at Russia with no potential upside. I equate it to Susan Rice being sent to negotiate the US withdrawal with Karzai. Karzai is the leader of a Moslem country and it was intentionaly insulting to send a woman who is not even the Secretary of State or Defense to negotiate. We seem to be hell bent on offending other nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies