Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 11:20 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This thread is about gay marriage being made legal in New Mexico.

You can't on the one hand argue that this is a "civil rights" issue, then ignore a challenge to prove the existence of the only criteria that would qualify this as a civil rights issue, let alone dismiss such a question as "off-topic".

Quit running and start defending your position.
Except that what you're characterizing as the "only criteria" is in fact not a criterion at all.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I was born gay. Are you saying I'm not?
How do you know that you were born gay?

Old 12-19-2013, 11:22 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
How do you know that you were born gay?
If you really want to know I will send you a private message. I bet you would enjoy it.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:24 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:
This thread is about gay marriage being made legal in New Mexico.

You can't on the one hand argue that this is a "civil rights" issue, then ignore a challenge to prove the existence of the only criteria that would qualify this as a civil rights issue, let alone dismiss such a question as "off-topic".

Quit running and start defending your position.

That seems fair, but first...

You're going to have to tell me the exact date you made the conscious decision to be attracted to girls and not boys.

I mean, if homosexuality is not an innate characteristic, then surely you're a living, breathing objective example of this and you can share with all of us precisely how and when you made that rather momentous decision to like girls and not boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Except that what you're characterizing as the "only criteria" is in fact not a criterion at all.
Of course it is.

The comparison of "gay rights" to the civil rights struggles of black Americans is the proof.

Black Americans were enslaved and discriminated against solely based on an inborn trait of which they had no control - skin color.

Gay marriage advocates claim that gays should marry because they "have no control" over their sexual preference.

For that to be true, homosexuality must be an inborn trait.

So which is it?

219 posts, read 566,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Um actually it does. You twisted the meaning of marriage, man and woman, to something perverse. In no way shape or form does two fem dudes and two pats equal man and woman. Never has, never will. So because some homos feel left out and feel bad, we have to change the meaning of things to suit them apparently. Ridiculous.
For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
That seems fair, but first...

You're going to have to tell me the exact date you made the conscious decision to be attracted girls and not boys.

I mean, if homosexuality is not an innate characteristic, then surely you're a living, breathing objective example of this and you can share with all of us precisely how and when you made that rather momentous decision to like girls and not boys.
Harrier doesn't know the exact date, but it would have been sometime around 12-14, and the onset of puberty.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:27 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:
Harrier doesn't know the exact date, but it would have been sometime around 12-14, and the onset of puberty.
But you're sure it was a conscious decision. You just weren't naturally attracted to girls, you had to think about it and decide to be. And yet, in spite of this clearly life-changing decision, you can't pinpoint when it happened, only provide a range of years in which it might of occurred.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:28 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
So you were like 12 before you knew you were into chicks?

Old 12-19-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
But you're sure it was a conscious decision. You just weren't naturally attracted to girls, you had to think about it and decide to be. And yet, in spite of this clearly life-changing decision, you can't pinpoint when it happened, only provide a range of years in which it might of occurred.
Harrier chose to be attracted to girls, thus he clearly chose to not be attracted to boys.

Is that so hard to understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies