Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 01:27 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times

Advertisements

JOE SCARBOROUGH, HOST: Let me ask you losers, political losers of the year?

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Terrible year for the president. I mean, it’s terrible, this…

SCARBOROUGH: Can you go back a year? One year ago, the president was getting ready for his second inauguration. So much hope. This has been a terrible year.

MATTHEWS: There’s another piece of it which you’re subtly getting at. It’s not just that it’s a bad year in terms of the rollout. There’s an erosion in interest. It feels like a very long presidency now. It feels like the seventh or eighth year of a presidency. It doesn’t feel like the fifth. There wasn’t that rejuvenation that comes with re-election. There wasn’t any, certainly he was never going to get a honeymoon from the other side, but there was no sense of wow. And I think that’s hurt him a lot.

Link: Video: Obama is the Loser of the Year, says … « Hot Air

He's also Liar of the Year according to PolitiFact. The accolades never stop coming for the Messiah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 01:33 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
I thought matthews was some kind of ultra-lefty that was in love with Obama according to the right wingers?

Old 12-20-2013, 01:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I thought matthews was some kind of ultra-lefty that was in love with Obama according to the right wingers?
Uh, that's the point.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:39 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Correct.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:41 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
I can't find the quote to link to, but a prominent Democratic strategist recently lamented that "When the President goes on TV, and no one stops to listen to see what he has to say, there's definitely a problem."

Which might very well be The Understatement of the Year™

Old 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Don't look for consistency in Matthews - he follows the prevailing moods, nothing more. This was the guy who said "I think we like having a hero as our president" after GWB's "Mission Accomplished" photo op. The entire cringing commentary can be found here: Mission Accomplished: A look back at the media's fawning coverage of Bush's premature declaration of victory in Iraq | Research | Media Matters for America

Matthews is equally happy to bask in reflected glory and taking part in the lynch party.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:46 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,863,789 times
In other awards, Craftsman and Snap-On have just added Barack Obama to their 2014 "Tools of the Year" calendar.

No word yet on whether he occupies all 12 months, or whether he has to split time with Kathleen Sebelius and PajamaBoy.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
You'll enjoy these quotes from MSNBC Chris Matthews:

"I get the same thrill up my leg, all over me, every time I hear those words. I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen, that's me. He's talking about my country and nobody does it better. Can President Obama stir us again and help his party keep power this November?"

"This guy’s done everything right. He’s raised his family right. Everything he’s done is clean as a whistle. He’s never not only broken any law, he’s never done anything wrong. He’s the perfect father, the perfect husband, the perfect American."

"You know, in the Bible they talk about Jesus serving the good wine last, I think the Democrats did the same."

Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
I wonder if they let Mathews clean the WH toilets ?

Old 12-20-2013, 01:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Here is more Chris Matthew Quotes:

"the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."

"What a mind he has, and I love his ability to do it on television."

"if you're in a room with Obama, you feel the spirit. Moving"

"Ted Kennedy] just wanted to bring back what Bobby and Jack had given us. He wanted to be his brother’s brother. And then he turned that torch over last year to Barack Obama.... Amazing history. Barack is now the last brother. It’s history."

10. Just So "Cool" and "Great-Looking"

chris-matthewss-multiple-obamagasms-top-10-most-tingling-quotes

ANy Questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies