Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 01:42 PM

705 posts, read 1,262,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
It's so hilarious watching cons squirm to defend a pretty ignorant guy who's proud if it.
Its equally hilarious to watch liberals get their panties all in a wad over some comments a "redneck wingnut" reality show nobody said.

Quote:
It's that simple. Cut the stuff about feeling persecuted out. If you don't want to be equated with being ignorant racists, elitists, or homophobes then don't say it or at least don't get mad and call for "civility" when your called out.
So according to you, we should just say quiet and leave the liberals be the only one allowed to be heard?

Quote:
Enough with the high morality that plays no role in reality there. Another cop out to deflect from the real defamatory comments. It's not the same and you hiding behind the whole Navy thing is just fodder. His comments were ignorant and he's redneck even by his own admission. It being a derogatory comment doesn't equate it as hate.

If some KKK clown said interracial marriage could lead to beastiality, and someone called him a backwoods ignoramus, would you really get mad at the latter more so than the former for being as "civil" or for not defending his right to say it?

Seriously, this is getting extremely absurd and this high moralizing by cons is just a cop out due getting called out. Nothing more. Its transparent and rather desperate. They want to say hateful things because its being rebellious in their eyes but don't want to be called ignorant or racist afterward.

Hate is hate?? LOL.
Well aren't you just full of hate...against conservatives LOL. Oh wait but according to you it's not called hate when its against conservatives, or rednecks, or middle class, or white folks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 02:02 PM

30,158 posts, read 18,752,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud; A&E claims it's received death threats since Phil Robertson's suspension | abc13.com

I don't follow the Mayor very much at all so I don't know if this kind of ignorance is normal for her but I find it hard to believe that anyone elected to represent the City of Houston would have the nerve to make such a stupid statement.

ALL LIBERALS are hateful and derisive of rural, white, Christians. It is both politically correct and fashionable among the left to make such statements.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:05 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,039,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post
Its equally hilarious to watch liberals get their panties all in a wad over some comments a "redneck wingnut" reality show nobody said.

So according to you, we should just say quiet and leave the liberals be the only one allowed to be heard?

Well aren't you just full of hate...against conservatives LOL. Oh wait but according to you it's not called hate when its against conservatives, or rednecks, or middle class, or white folks...
People can say whatever they want, but expect others to react and if they do there's no need to equate their criticism as hate.

The examples I made were about pundits making ridiculous comments or ignorant racist people against certain groups. That doesn't equal to hate. How can you not wrap your mind around this?

I find it laughable that you think there's some equivalence here. There isn't. When bitter ppl make racist, homophobic or xenophobic comments and someone calls them out on it, it is not hate. I mean how do you figure that is?

Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
ALL LIBERALS are hateful and derisive of rural, white, Christians. It is both politically correct and fashionable among the left to make such statements.
Oh the martyrdom is laughable.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,370,847 times
On the behalf of Houston, I just don't care.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:26 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,437,514 times
Quote:
Enough with the high morality that plays no role in reality there. Another cop out to deflect from the real defamatory comments. It's not the same and you hiding behind the whole Navy thing is just fodder. His comments were ignorant and he's redneck even by his own admission. It being a derogatory comment doesn't equate it as hate.

If some KKK clown said interracial marriage could lead to beastiality, and someone called him a backwoods ignoramus, would you really get mad at the latter more so than the former for being as "civil" or for not defending his right to say it?

Seriously, this is getting extremely absurd and this high moralizing by cons is just a cop out due getting called out. Nothing more. Its transparent and rather desperate. They want to say hateful things because its being rebellious in their eyes but don't want to be called ignorant or racist afterward.

Hate is hate?? LOL.
Since you don't think using redneck in a derogatory or stereotypical manner is wrong, any discussion is pointless. Guess that's to be expected from a hater. I'm more consistent and fair in my thought process.

The KKK is full of haters and if a cruise missle landed on KKK HQ, I wouldn't lose a minute's sleep. But I support their right to be ignorant haters. That's the difference between guys like me who served to defend your rights and haters who want free speech - unless they don't like what's said.

Maybe you should ask the ACLU what they think.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:33 PM

18,151 posts, read 25,362,091 times
Quote:
Why in the heck are a lot of you so shocked that someone called a guy a wingnut?
Same people that go around calling anybody left of center "Communist lib-tards"

Old 12-23-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Since you don't think using redneck in a derogatory or stereotypical manner is wrong, any discussion is pointless. Guess that's to be expected from a hater. I'm more consistent and fair in my thought process.

The KKK is full of haters and if a cruise missle landed on KKK HQ, I wouldn't lose a minute's sleep. But I support their right to be ignorant haters. That's the difference between guys like me who served to defend your rights and haters who want free speech - unless they don't like what's said.

Maybe you should ask the ACLU what they think.
I would rather just call them ignorant whatevers than wish them to be bombed. And that equals to hate?

You assume that your support of their right to be ignorant is more moral than just telling them that they're being pathetic is absurd.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:37 PM

705 posts, read 1,262,834 times
Quote:
The examples I made were about pundits making ridiculous comments or ignorant racist people against certain groups. That doesn't equal to hate. How can you not wrap your mind around this?

I find it laughable that you think there's some equivalence here. There isn't. When bitter ppl make racist, homophobic or xenophobic comments and someone calls them out on it, it is not hate. I mean how do you figure that is?
Mayor Parker's word choice was not wise, she didn't just call Phil Robertson out on something, she choose to call him a derogatory name. Whether you think that term is derogatory or not is a moot point. She has every right to her freedom of speech just as Robertson, but that's not the issue. Because of her position, a position she choose to run for 3 times, she needs to hold herself to a higher standard. That is all. Ironic how this has turned into liberals versus conservatives, when it was not the point of the original post.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:41 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Default I have a hard time believing Mayor Annise Parker really tweeted such an ignorant statement...

Give this lady a break, if your name was pronounced anus (anus parker, ha),
you'd be easily ticked off as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies