Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 09:03 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,076,304 times

Advertisements

Apparently I'm not the only person who felt that the mayor's statements were inappropriate.

https://twitter.com/anniseparker/sta...59532539334656
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 09:08 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,896,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Apparently I'm not the only person who felt that the mayor's statements were inappropriate.

https://twitter.com/anniseparker/sta...59532539334656
Thanks for the info, but I'm not inclined to read it. It wouldn't change anything anyway.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
Thanks for the info, but I'm not inclined to read it. It wouldn't change anything anyway.
So you doubted whether this was true or not but now you don't care and you won't even read it? How convenient.

Quote:
I wonder if the OP saw the actual tweets, or is this something someone spread around that may or may not be true?

Old 12-21-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You're not understanding me in the least bit, slow down. I don't agree with what Phil Robertson said but frankly, that has nothing to do with why I started this thread.

Annise Parker is an elected representative of the City of Houston, she shouldn't be labeling someone she doesn't know as a "redneck wingnut" on her official Mayoral twitter feed.
I see what you mean. Thanks. The thing is, she's a politician, and politicians of all leanings do this kind of stuff constantly. Frankly, I wish they would all stop it and just get back to the business of governing.

I'm a bit emotional about this, as a couple of my family members have been very hurt by this whole thing. I tend to be very protective in that respect.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:24 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,525,623 times
Frankly, I agree with the OP. Mayor Parker has lost a lot of my respect by getting involved in this drama, especially the unprofessional way she expressed herself.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Frankly, I agree with the OP. Mayor Parker has lost a lot of my respect by getting involved in this drama.
Yep, hell I feel the same way about LA Gov. Bobby Jindal making statements in support of Phil.

These politicians all have way more important things that they should be worrying about, especially people like Annise Parker and Bobby Jindal.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Frankly, I agree with the OP. Mayor Parker has lost a lot of my respect by getting involved in this drama.
Even though I agree with the mayor's comments, the more I think about it, the more I wish she would stay out of it. It's like I mentioned earlier, politicians think they have to jump into just about everything like this when there's already enough to keep them occupied, like running a city, state, or country. It might have been better to take the high road and just say "I don't agree with Robertson and am supportive of all Houstonians working and living together harmoniously", or something like that. That's if anything needed to be said at all. Of course politicians all over the country are chiming in on both sides of the issue.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:40 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,911,645 times
Quote:
Frankly, I agree with the OP. Mayor Parker has lost a lot of my respect by getting involved in this drama, especially the unprofessional way she expressed herself.
Agreed.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Even though I agree with the mayor's comments, the more I think about it, the more I wish she would stay out of it. It's like I mentioned earlier, politicians think they have to jump into just about everything like this when there's already enough to keep them occupied, like running a city, state, or country. It might have been better to take the high road and just say "I don't agree with Robertson and am supportive of all Houstonians working and living together harmoniously", or something like that. That's if anything needed to be said at all. Of course politicians all over the country are chiming in on both sides of the issue.
I couldn't agree more. I'm a conservative guy who lives in the area but I would feel exactly the same way if the mayor of Houston tweeted about "left wing, nut job *******s" or something along those lines. I'd rather our politicians not get involved in petty crap like this and instead spend more time doing their jobs.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:16 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,856,475 times
I'm surprised she said it but her assessment of Robertson is accurate and I like the job she has done as mayor so I'm not holding it against her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies