Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 06:05 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Places like that won't give you a raise for working hard. They work you for cheap until you leave then replace you. They aren't trying to grow talent to move up the ranks or anything.
Do you wonder why that is? Slapping some lettuce and ham on a bun isn't exactly rocket science. Yes they can be replaced and easily. Why is that so hard to understand? There are certain jobs that get you INTO the work force and it's up to YOU to move ahead not up to an owner of a sandwich shop who can replace you with a 14yo to pay you 50K a year to sling mayo. What is it with you liberals? YOU start a sub shop and pay your workers fifteen bucks an hour if everything is so horrible. Do what you want others to do instead of braying about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 06:24 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,086,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So you want to take away the people's right to protest? To speak up for what they feel is right?
Actions have consequences. The Constitutional right to free speech means that the government may not censure an individual from speaking freely. Such protections do not extend to employers and the obligation to maintain the employment of an individual who is acting in manners not suited to the company's successful operation.

Protest all they want, but the employer is not obligated to pay them for doing so.

I have a right to carry a gun. This right to carry is enhanced by order of the local court in that I may carry concealed. My employer has strict standards on doing so on company property, and for such I will be immediately terminated. Constitutional rights are not absolute when the interaction is between two private entities, but are instead meant to protect us from an overzealous government.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:39 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,910 times
The Republican response to the recently unemployed

Hahahahahahahaha, cheers, Merry Christmas and Happy new year, enjoy being homeless, hahahahaha

Old 12-24-2013, 07:37 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The Republican response to the recently unemployed

Hahahahahahahaha, cheers, Merry Christmas and Happy new year, enjoy being homeless, hahahahaha
Pretty much. I'm gonna enjoy pressing the D button next midterms

Old 12-24-2013, 08:04 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,373 times
Oh what a circle jerk this thread is , people so happy to see others suffer ! "Oh they are losers if they had gone to college they'd be worth something" like college grads are having such a great time . Hope you have a ****ty christmas

Old 12-24-2013, 08:10 PM

278 posts, read 273,662 times
Capitalism baby!Better believe the owner's and CEO's etc of that company won't be hurting for money this christmas season...crap like this makes me sick to my stomach of capitalism.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Pretty much. I'm gonna enjoy pressing the D button next midterms
You are what is the problem with this country. Yes push the D button. Just another mindless voter among the ocean of mindless voters.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
Capitalism baby!Better believe the owner's and CEO's etc of that company won't be hurting for money this christmas season...crap like this makes me sick to my stomach of capitalism.
Hey go start a business and reap the rewards instead of trying to hold a business hostage. Yes crap like this does make me sick too because folks like YOU encourage folks to do this and they lose their jobs. You don't care though like most liberals as long as your doing ok. Pack of hypocrites. If you cared YOU would start a sandwich company and pay folks fifteen bucks an hour........instead you blame others.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:00 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,965,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
Yes, but is it right. The minimum wage should have increased with the col.
It was increased not long ago, and $7.25 is in most instances, costing the employer $9-10 per hour with statutory taxes, workers comp, vacation and holiday pay..already.

For the skill sets as limited as this workforce brings, that is already pushing the envelope.

This is supposed to simply be an entry wage for entry level workers. It is not business' fault folks with no ambition take up some of those jobs.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,965,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
When was that? When tuition was $1000 for a whole year?
No it was already a 8-10k than. I ended up, by working 60 hours weekly during summers, with only the equivalent of one years tuition as loans. Scholarships helped a lot, too.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Motivation is a requirement, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies