Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2013, 12:07 PM

237 posts, read 192,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
To be honest with you I think your full of it. How a guy living in poverty who can never find a place to live always manages to get on the internet is beyond me. IMO you are making up your entire "poverty" story and probably live in some mansion yet you also probably never donate money to anyone you claim to represent. Typical liberal.
This is why America is lost. People care to much about liberals and conservatives. Divide and conquer is how Rome fail. This is where were going to you. You just eat whatever pudding CNBC and fox news throws your way. How about you use your head for once in your lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 12:07 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,037,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
We don't live in a free market.
Yes, we do.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:08 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,990,567 times
Quote:
And I say if all poor peoples education is based on scholarships, they may as well play the lottery.
Funny you mentioned that. Several states have lottery scholarships based on very low GPA requirements, which are truly just average. Tn is one (2.75 GPA minimum last I checked), and I'm delighted an immense quantity of kids will get tuition paid for via that mechanism.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:08 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,037,961 times
Quote:
please go to college and learn something about actual business and the economy.
Harrier attends and succeeds in a very well respected California state university.

Harrier was academically eligible for guaranteed entry into the University of California.

Are you saying that the California state university system is misleading Harrier?

They probably are, but they did admit Harrier, who makes no secret of the fact that he is a conservative.

He makes that clear in his term papers, and his professors still give him A's.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:12 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,841,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Sorry, I find no humor in people loosing their jobs, especially at Christmas.
They have the right to protest under the law, just as the owner has the right to pay the wages he chooses, and I would not be surprised if this gets challenged in court under the labor laws. You generally don't fire people when you close to remodel, you lay them off and call them back when you reopen. I hope the employees sue.
This.

What occurred was against the law. I also hope they sue and win.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:12 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,173,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Ahhh...all of this "compassionate conservatism" that gushes forth from the republican posters on CD (especially around the holidays) just gives me the warm fuzzies all over. And they wonder why they are hated so much.
What makes you think all the people that commented negatively about the workers are republican?

Quite frankly, I am a constitutionalist. I vote for both democrats, and republicans, based on who is best for the job, not who has an R or a D.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:13 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,139,639 times
Quote:
Yes, its called food safety and being servsafe certified, but of Mr MBA over here must have already known that.....
That's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be. It's an online course and test, and costs a whopping $15.

Don't be so disingenuous with your arguments. If you can't support your position without resorting to half-truths, maybe your position isn't that stable to begin with and should be reconsidered.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is the fault of the Obama administration for killing the job market.

A smart person will widen their prospects, take advantage of opportunities, and have an idea of what they want to do, so they can be employed even if a job killing Democrat is in the White House.
Obama is bad. So was Bush. So was the past congress for the last decade. Nobody ever dares points out how bad congress sucks...they held our government hostage for years.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be. It's an online course and test, and costs a whopping $15.

Don't be so disingenuous with your arguments. If you can't support your position without resorting to half-truths, maybe your position isn't that stable to begin with and should be reconsidered.
And it requires you take an course which cost hundreds. Think before you speak.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:15 PM

278 posts, read 274,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hey go start a business and reap the rewards instead of trying to hold a business hostage. Yes crap like this does make me sick too because folks like YOU encourage folks to do this and they lose their jobs. You don't care though like most liberals as long as your doing ok. Pack of hypocrites. If you cared YOU would start a sandwich company and pay folks fifteen bucks an hour........instead you blame others.
Its not holding ANYONE hostage except for the citizens of this country who must pay for the welfare for these poor people who are working but their greedy companies who refuse to pay a livable wage.I don't think I would care to run a business with employees simply because I don't want to deal with all the crap but if I did.A livable wage would be the FIRST thing I made sure I did. If they can't live off what I am paying them then in essence I am still paying them from my own pocket and taxes for their welfare! Makes more sense and makes me feel better knowing they don't need welfare because I pay them more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies