Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:36 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
According to medical science today, the easiest way to explain it is, A gay person is one that has a body different than the way their mind sees themselves. That is just a simple way of saying it. The person with a man's body, that is attracted to another man instead of women is gay. Or same for women, attracted to women is a lesbian.

I have a gay grandson. As he says, thinking of having a sexual liaison with a woman makes him physically ill. He has many straight women friends, and feels very safe with them, as though having a man's body, he feels he is a female for all practical purposes. He has a regular male partner, and they live together.

I have spent my life in the business world for over 60 years. I have known and worked with many gay businessmen, and many have told me they feel the same as my grandson.
This is not true at all. A person with a man's body who feels he is female is either transgender or genderqueer (and vice-versa.) Assuming they are cisgender (which most are), gay people view themselves as the same gender that their body is. They just are attracted to the same gender as opposed to the opposite one.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
IMO only bisexuals can have a preference. I mean, I prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla but I will gladly eat either. However, if one has no attraction to their same sex then even on a cold lonely night they're not going to settle for a same-sex partner. Likewise, someone who is gay isn't going to go for an opposite-sex partner just because what they want isn't available.
Sure....like the "gay for the stay" mentality in prisons.

When I was younger some of my best times going out was going to gay bars.

I am a straight female........however, the music was great and the crowd was a blast.

I even had a HUGE crush on Miss Gay USA for a summer.

That is where a learn to do my make-up.......and generally what was hot and what was not.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
The Bible also says that the punishment for committing homosexual acts is death.
Old Testament. It seems that you don't understand the Bible and Christianity.

From the rest of your post, it's very clear you are just anti-Christian and make assumptions to back up your bias.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:03 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Old Testament. It seems that you don't understand the Bible and Christianity.
From the rest of your post, it's very clear you are just anti-Christian and make assumptions to back up your bias.
Yes. The Old Testament. The same one that is in Christians' holy book. The one that Christians love to point to when they disapprove of someone else's sexuality but conveniently forget when it endorses slavery or commands that a woman must marry her rapist. The same Old Testament used in countless Christian sermons by hypocritical preachers to control their flocks with threats of damnation from an angry god.

Yes. We understand the Bible and Christianity quite well, thank you.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,098,982 times
For me it really comes down to the fact that I think there are too many people worrying about what everyone else is doing with their life and then if they think it is morally wrong because they read it in a religious book somewhere then it must be a major sin. I think attitudes are changing and I really believe in letting others live their lives and no harm to others. I like the attitude of liberatarians who say while I may not agree with something I have no right to impose my belief system on others. To many people want everyone else to believe what they want to believe and then make it law. I am glad things are changing and it seems to more and more of a non issue.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:40 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,407,185 times
First of yes sin is sin, yes I consider myself a Christian and not only is the Old Testament clear on Homosexuality but so is the New. And yes I feel Homosexuals should turn from their sin and repent.

My beliefs is that sins are temptations we all have them, acting on them makes them sin. Have I been tempted? Sure every day. Your saying but you've never been tempted and fell into this lifestyle. This is where I would say you are so wrong.

Little over 30 years ago I belong to one of the largest swinging clubs in the United States call The Spirit of '76. There was every temptation pertaining to sex at every get together that a person could think of including bestiality, incest, homosexual and underage sex. I enjoyed every bit of it.

Been away from this lifestyle for years, as a Christian do I still have temptations? Being of this world it is a constant fight, sometimes it is much harder with me because of my past.

Right now my best friend is a Lesbian we share a lot of thoughts she knows my beliefs, she knows that I would love for her to turn from her lifestyle and repent but we have left it at that. I do Love and care for her so much and want the best for her.

brushrunner

Old 01-10-2014, 09:22 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
First of yes sin is sin, yes I consider myself a Christian and not only is the Old Testament clear on Homosexuality but so is the New. And yes I feel Homosexuals should turn from their sin and repent.....
brushrunner
So you agree that homosexuals should be put to death, right? Because it's right there in black and white.

Or do you only follow the Bible until you become uncomfortable with it? How do you feel about stoning a rape victim to death (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)?? Again, It's right there in black and white.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:37 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
I think there needs to be a study and research on how to reverse or cure homosexuality. Because I believe it is a gene that cause this so it is biological. I am not blaming gay people for the way they act, I just believe that we by design aren't suited for this type of preference.

By the OP suggestion that homosexuality is a preference is the same as pedophile claiming their preference is OK which is insane and absurd.

It is a biological abnormality while we can accept some because nobody is created perfect but we should find ways to treat it or change it for the sake of improving our species.

Evolution has slowed because we humans allows more abnormal specimens to survive where in the wild they would die as dictated by darwin.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:23 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Preference? What happens when adult men prefer....Nevermind.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:02 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,407,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
So you agree that homosexuals should be put to death, right? Because it's right there in black and white.

Or do you only follow the Bible until you become uncomfortable with it? How do you feel about stoning a rape victim to death (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)?? Again, It's right there in black and white.
The Bible is clear I am not to Judge but the Bible is clear on homosexuals entering the Kingdom of God and Jesus was clear on this "Repent , for the kingdom of heaven is near." Matthew 4:17.

Repenting is asking for forgiveness and not returning to your sin. Before my Baby Sister passed from this world she Repented I Pray the best for her. Yes she was a lesbian.

brushrunner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies