Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 12:00 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yes. That's certainly the point of this thread. If I didn't know y'all are embarrassed as hell by your ridiculous talking points, I wouldn't even have figured out why "punking" me is so incredibly important to you.
They are indeed embarrassed by their own ridiculousness, well, those that can comprehend why anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They are indeed embarrassed by their own ridiculousness, well, those that can comprehend why anyway.

I'd be more embarrassed that your fellow leftie promoted the link you provide as absoulte proof that the numbers you provide were ture....

Blind sheep....thanks for proving that...

Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually they are pretty close to accurate, only thing I seen wrong is the estimated number of those who had policies cancelled were 4.7M not 6M...

Dont we feel better now that less than 5M lost insurance?
The 4.7 million is actually low because it only includes the individual market. It doesn't include the small business market cancellations; spouses who've been dropped from group plans; large businesses who've already dropped plans before their mandates take effect.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
No, it was a crap healthcare system, the laughingstock of the industrialized world, that created the ACA.
Obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare.

try again..
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's panic.... They see the ACA working and the Dems are going to be lauded for accomplishing what was originally a Conservative plan. Well, from back when there were Conservative plans.
lets see ACA was supposed to

Cut the cost of insurance by $2500 per family
Create $1T surplus to the federal government
Insure tens of millions of americans that previously didnt have insurance
Boost employment by 4million individuals, 400K immediately
Reduce the cost of medical care

Almost none of these can be true, and surely not all of them can be.. Mr math DVD poster should be aware of how mathmatically its impossible.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i had pghquest calling me a loser when i said i dont have to pay anything for the new healthcare. thats the new republican mantra. anyone who isnt rich is a bum.
I didnt call you a loser.. I said the poor get crap for free.. A FACT..

If you feel like a loser for taking free stuff because you're poor, then thats a self inflicted issue you need to deal with.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Only about 0.2% of that figure will be unable to access affordable healthcare. The rest can either re-up to their old plan, or choose a plan through the exchanges. Many qualified for Medicaid and enrolled there.

The right-wing hysterics are just that, hysterics. It's all based on fear that the law will eventually be popular and successful.

ObamaCare's insurance cancellation problem isn't that big of a problem - The Week
So if millions of peole are going to be signing up for medicaid, how is it going to create the trillion dollar projected surplus?

Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
No, no. How can that be, when it's all of the cons on this thread are the ones wringing their hands over the poor, poor uninsured? After all, your deeply touching and heartwarming concern must have influenced all of us heartless lefties. You know, the ones who spent three years telling us that it's uninsured people's fault that they didn't have insurance, or were kicked off their policies, or couldn't get their insurer to pay a legitimate claim.

Oh, wait ...
So now the success rate of ACA depends on how many poor people obtain insurance, and the middle class can go to hell..

How nice of you..

Old 01-03-2014, 12:20 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Sure some of the real junk policies from small insurance companies disappeared. But people with BCBS, Kaiser, etc, simply went to different policies. Out of the five million about four million will pay less or the same for insurance and one million are paying more. We wont really have a good picture for another three months.
Explain what you consider as "junk".

Old 01-03-2014, 12:24 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Meanwhile in Virginia...

'They had no idea if my insurance was active or not!': At Virginia hospitals, Obamacare confusion reigns as frustrated patients walk out - GA Daily News

Old 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Quote:
Your "side" believes in supply-side economics and putting wars on a credit card. Bloated defense budgets. Slashing social programs. Since when do they care about hurting the country? They care about the 1% and that's pretty much it.

Fear. That's what the right-wing ACA smear campaign is all about. You don't threaten to shut down the government and destroy the U.S. economy because you're swimming in confidence.
If that's fear, why is it that President Obama is delaying certain provisions of his law like the employer mandate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies