Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 05:59 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times

Advertisements

When I heard this story on the news tonight, I had to rewind THREE times just to make sure I was hearing correctly, because although I know CA is "out there" quite a bit, I never expected it could possibly go this far. Apparently, transgender students from grades K-12, will now be able to decide for themselves which restroom they want to use either the boys or the girls. Thats right folks, now a boy will be able to use the girls restroom if that is the gender he "identifies" as, regardless of his/her birth gender.

California law allows transgender students to pick bathrooms, sports teams they identify with - CBS News

Quote:
SACRAMENTO, California California on Monday became the first state to enshrine certain rights for transgender kindergarten-through-12th grade students in state law, requiring public schools to allow those students access to whichever restroom and locker room they want
Has the world gone completely MAD????? Parents of girls and young women in CA should be able to send their daughter to school without having to worry about some freak who wishes he had a vagina gauking at her and using the same facilities as her, and visa versa. They say this is in an effort to cut down on bullying....

Quote:
Supporters said it will help reduce bullying and discrimination against transgender students
Now, we've all did our time in school. Can you imagine the teasing and hazing a 12 or 13 year old boy would get for wanting to use the girls restroom? That's even if the student truly had a gender indentification issue, which they nor their parents have any obligation to prove....

Quote:
....... law does not require students to prove they have a gender-identity issue, but rather requires school administrators to rely on students' opinions of themselves
The law also mandates that students be able to choose which gender sports and activities team they want to participate in...

Quote:
Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown announced that he had signed AB1266, which also will allow transgender students to choose whether they want to play boys' or girls' sports. The new law gives students the right "to participate in sex-segregated programs, activities and facilities" based on their self-perception and regardless of their birth gender.
What exactly IS the point of having a girls team or a boys team then? Whats the point of having a girls locker room or a boys locker room if the title "boys" and "girls" doesn't really mean anything?

I don't know folks. I'm genuinely stunned. I don't know what this world has come to, I really don't. How far are we willing to take this freak show? As usual, California reasserts itself as the main attraction....
Quote:
"These students are often in fear of their own safety, and their own protection. They're concerned about being bullied in school
As well they should be......

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 01-01-2014 at 06:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 11:45 AM

here's a thread discussing other laws CA has passed this year:

More than 800 new laws added in California

Old 01-02-2014, 11:59 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Default California legislature Approves Law Saying Transgender Boys Can Use Girls Restroom And Visa Versa

This will cause a sever uptick in bathroom curiosities.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:11 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,259 times
Disgusting and just wrong...

Old 01-02-2014, 12:29 PM

This is the kind of policy you get when the disease of Liberalism goes untreated

Old 01-02-2014, 12:34 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,972 times
Starship Troopers!!!!

Old 01-02-2014, 12:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Great law. Good for California.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:42 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
OP, you have a very warped worldview. Methinks you spend too much time on the internet reading right wing talking points ("liberalism is a disease" is a dead giveaway) and not enough time in the real world.

First of all, I'm sure transgendered students will not be "gawking" at anyone in the bathroom.

Next, what student will have a requisite medical or psychologist declaration that they are transgender....and bother to become an inevitable social target in high school because of it....just so they can gawk?

I'm sure the decision to live as transgender is not one taken lightly by anyone. And certainly not for the purpose of being a perv in the school bathroom. Grow up.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:44 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,042,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
OP, you have a very warped worldview. Methinks you spend too much time on the internet reading right wing talking points ("liberalism is a disease" is a dead giveaway) and not enough time in the real world.

First of all, I'm sure transgendered students will not be "gawking" at anyone in the bathroom.

Next, what student will have a requisite medical or psychologist declaration that they are transgender....and bother to become an inevitable social target in high school because of it....just so they can gawk?

I'm sure the decision to live as transgender is not one taken lightly by anyone. And certainly not for the purpose of being a perv in the school bathroom. Grow up.
Point taken but admit there is potential for abuse here. Undoubtedly, we will see it at some point.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:44 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Great law. Good for California.

Tell that to the little girls trying to get some privacy when some confused boy is standing in front of a urinal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies