Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 03:02 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,213 times

Advertisements

The thing that has puzzled me all these years is the plane which damaged the Pentagon Building. In such a heavily defended building, covered in cameras filming inside and out - where is some footage showing the approaching plane?

Old 02-10-2014, 03:06 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Because that would have been SO EASY to do in a building where you couldn't order a pizza up to your office because of the security restrictions and where you couldn't scratch your ass in a corner of the corrdior without being seen on the CCTV system.

But wait--they do things like that on TV and in the movies all the time, so it MUST be possible!
No I was thinking more along the lines of security people not doing their jobs. Trust me, more believable than a segment on a TV screen.

PS: Put on a uniform and a badge, and one looks like they belong. Whose going to question? The buildings along with any security footage are gone. Traces of theromite isn't.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 02-10-2014 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: added the ps

Old 02-10-2014, 03:12 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
No I was thinking more along the lines of security people not doing their jobs. Trust me, more believable than a segment on a TV screen.
I never understood this insistence that the buildings had to be primed with explosives. Is the idea that people wouldn't be p.ssed off enough, or what? The buildings would have been unsalvageable no matter what, and the deaths would have been in the thousands.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The thing that has puzzled me all these years is the plane which damaged the Pentagon Building. In such a heavily defended building, covered in cameras filming inside and out - where is some footage showing the approaching plane?
There is archived news footage from all of the stations. I wish I could just link you up, but I am on a different hard drive and o/s at the moment. However, if I can find it, through searches, I'm sure any one can.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:16 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Traces of theromite isn't.
Thermite is rust and aluminum. It converts to iron and aluminum oxide and heat. A building that's made of steel, then hit by a few hundred tons of aluminum, then to catch fire and collapse will have plenty of "thermite traces".

Old 02-10-2014, 03:19 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
We don't want the terrorists to know about our videotaping capabilities.

That technology is classified.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I never understood this insistence that the buildings had to be primed with explosives. Is the idea that people wouldn't be p.ssed off enough, or what? The buildings would have been unsalvageable no matter what, and the deaths would have been in the thousands.
Because they fell straight down and the technology to achieve that is one of our design.

In the late 1980's in our town, we had a motel (historical one to the locals) to undergo demolition. There was a big news write up and tv local and the key thing about it was....it was to fall straight down so as no damage would be done to any buildings around it in the downtown area.

When I saw the first tower fall, I later thought of the hotel from the 80's.

If they can learn to fly our planes, what else can they learn to do?

I do believe there is a cover up, just not in the area the theorists are selling.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 02-10-2014 at 04:05 PM..

Old 02-10-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Thermite is rust and aluminum. It converts to iron and aluminum oxide and heat. A building that's made of steel, then hit by a few hundred tons of aluminum, then to catch fire and collapse will have plenty of "thermite traces".
They were not on fire long enough for it to be just plane fuel that brought the tones of steel down.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:32 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
Quote:
back in 01 there wasn't much filming OUTSIDE of the building

Old 02-10-2014, 03:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
Quote:

PS: Put on a uniform and a badge, and one looks like they belong. Whose going to question? The buildings along with any security footage are gone. Traces of theromite isn't.
and not one piece of 'trace of thermite' has ever been found
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies