Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Liberals hate tough-on-crime sheriffs, judges etc.

Probably because they know they'll have to face them some day.
It is just a matter of time before he breaks the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 05:02 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,400,187 times
Quote:

Please expand on the "etc." of your statement.
And "probably" means what exactly?......likely, maybe, could happen?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:09 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,448,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So? Its not his personal feelings that I posted but a story.

And if he wants to be advocates for law breakers, that's fine. Won't get him anywhere and Joe is just upholding all laws Federal and local as he is sworn to do.
Actually, Joe has broken the law repeatedly and Maricopa county has been on the hook for over $50 million dollars because of it.

He has his own vision for the nation (something like a South African-style apartheid police state) which is certainly not what the founders of this country intended. People defend him like he is some kind of beacon of conservativism, but really I don't know anything he's done that's in line with respected conservative principles.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:12 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,644,135 times
Gotta love Sheriff Joe. I hope he replaces the damaged flags and doubles the punishment if damaged again. If he continues to double the punishment each time, we may be able to get the crud on permanent bread and water.
America's Sheriff...

Old 01-24-2014, 05:14 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Nice! "cruel and unusual punishment" lawsuit in 3....2....

Old 01-24-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:

Please. Conservatives apparently love our new police state!

Old 01-24-2014, 05:23 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,720,060 times
So Arpaio is judge, jury and executioner in deciding what is defacing the flag? What a joke. He set these guys up knowing what the results would be. Does any conservative out there have a problem with Arpaio and his meting out of punishment? I guess not. Why dont we just put flat panel tv's on the side of the road and then anyone who picks one up is thrown in jail for 90 days with food and water. You gotta love conservative and their love of the constitution.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:25 PM

46,975 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
The poster you quoted and his wife are advocates for illegal aliens in the USA. This guy was talking about how we need to stop the execution of a cop killer in Texas because he didn't get diplomatic advice from the Mexican Government. I wonder what this guy assumed that the Mexican Government could have done since it was obvious that the illegal alien in question murdered the cop in cold blood. He holds a grudge against Sheriff Joe because Joe goes after illegal aliens in Maricopa County.
Hell-o, ad hominem fallacy.

And it appears I haven't made my points clear enough for the meanest understanding, I shall try to do better going forward.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:26 PM

So bread and water is considered a punishment. Seems to me that this goes beyond whats allowed for non-judicial punishment.

But hey, its nice to know who the police state fans are. The people who are OK with a sheriff meting out punishments that will probably impact these peoples health.

And hey, lawsuits are great huh? Its GREAT to spend the publics money this way.

FYI-that diet could easily kill some people. Diabetics for example. Heck of a way to learn you're diabetic huh?

And really? He plays patriotic music for people in jail? Some of whom are not yet sentenced? This sounds like something out of a gulag. Something that when I was younger we would make fun of Russia for.

In Soviet Amerika, Jail plays patriotic music! Long live Amerika!

Really?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:27 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,400,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Gotta love Sheriff Joe. I hope he replaces the damaged flags and doubles the punishment if damaged again. If he continues to double the punishment each time, we may be able to get the crud on permanent bread and water.
America's Sheriff...
Quick, order more flags, more bread, more water. The beatings will continue until morale improves!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies