Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 02:51 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
First off.. yes, indeed I've heard of contraception. As a matter of fact, if you bothered to read my posts you'll see that I said when I became single and fell into poverty, I went to Planned Parenthood to get access to birth control so that I didn't end up pregnant should I start having a relationship or engage with someone..

And, you also didn't answer my question about what happens when a women who has a baby when they weren't in poverty, finds herself IN poverty later in life. Life is funny that way.. you can plan but sometimes plans don't work out and life has other plans for you. Hence the fact that many single mothers didn't start out parents in poverty.. Yes, some did.. but not all do..

Lastly.. you also failed to read (or are purosefully ignoring) my post in which I laid out that the same inividuals that rail against welfare and liken women in poverty to societal leeches, are also the same kind that also don't want to help a low income individual have affordable access to birth control or allow them to be covered under their insurance! .. or even allow them the option to abort the pregnancy should their birth control fail ( I can't tell you how many people I know got pregnant on accident even while on birth control because a) they either missed a pill b) were on antiobiotics while taking the pill and didn't know that it kind of negates the pill or c) the condom broke! - fortunately they weren't poor, but it happens to even poor people).

So.. Republicans dont' want welfare and belittle women who are single mothers and are on it.. but they also have been doing all they can to destroy Planned Parenthood (which serves underprivledged neighborhoods and low income individuals) and make abortions illegal..

It's illogical...
Ever heard of a thing called "responsibility"?

You decided to have sex, you decided to bring your children to this world, and you decided their fate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 02:52 PM

577 posts, read 435,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Ever heard of a thing called "responsibility"?

You decided to have sex, you decided to bring your children to this world, and you decided their fate!

Wow.. you really have a reading comprehension issue.. LOL... welp.. cant argue with someone that can't comprehend what is being said.. so I'll end it with you right here..

LOL.. wow.. just ..w ow.. I can't believe some people..

Old 01-25-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Wow.. you really have a reading comprehension issue.. LOL... welp.. cant argue with someone that can't comprehend what is being said.. so I'll end it with you right here..

There are people like you who just refuse to take responsibility for their own actions!

Old 01-25-2014, 02:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:

It's like talking to a wall so don't waste your breath. Single mothers are the root of all evil, dontcha know????

Old 01-25-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's like talking to a wall so don't waste your breath. Single mothers are the root of all evil, dontcha know????

I know. Responsibility is such a dirty word!!! We should pass a law to ban the word!!!

Old 01-25-2014, 02:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:

You can't have it both ways..
You don't want people who can't afford to raise children without assitance having children.. then you have to help them afford the monthly bill of birth control to prevent a more costly pregnancy..
I agree with your conclusions and do so from a financial perspective. Picking up the tab for birth control vs. prenatal care and delivery via Medicaid and the potential of 18 years in welfare/tax benefits, I chose paying for birth control.

While potentially unintended the " have to" thing sounds a tad like a sense of entitlement that feeds stereotyping.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:57 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:

He has piont. Women now days do dont want to take responsibility. Republicans do not support Planned Parenthood because they Planned Parenthood supports abortion. Abortion is NOT taking responsibility for having sex and getting pregnant in the first place. Even if a woman was NOT in poverty before having a child, then she and the father should have planned for that BEFORE they had sex... That's what you fair to "comprehend."

Old 01-25-2014, 02:59 PM

577 posts, read 435,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
There are people like you who just refuse to take responsibility for their own actions!
Where in my posts did I say I didn't or don't take responsibility. .or refuse to take responsibity..

The determination of character and taking responsibility is not in the bad things that cause our problems, but how we choose to handle them and what we do about them...

What part of life throws you curve balls, do you not understand? LOL.. why is that so hard for you to comprehend.

1. I took birth control to prevent further pregnancy
2. I went out and got work where I could for as much as I could.. so that I can earn a living and pay for me and my child after the divorce.
3. I created my own business...for which I'm building so that I can earn a living and NOT need any of the social safety nets that I am glad are there.
4. I went out and got a college degree.. so that I could potentially increase my income so that I CAN supprt myself and my child as best I can.

I also forgo lots of little luxuries and prioritize..

This post.. this thread isn't about me.. but it's about other people and situations..

Obviously you lack the compassion or empathy to sympathize with bad fortune that sometimes befalls people.

And yes, we are all humans and sometimes we make a mistake in either action or judgement.. and I'm grateful to live in a society in which we have a net to catch up when we fall so that we can try and get back up again.

I also acknowlege that hard work doesn't always equal an income that allows for that...

And .. why not address the questions in my previous posts.. which I won't repeat here but invite you to actually go back and address how such a "responsible" person would handle the situations I have mentioned..

You must think you live in a magic bubble where you are immune to misfortune, mistakes etc.. LOL...

It's laughable..

Old 01-25-2014, 03:00 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I agree with your conclusions and do so from a financial perspective. Picking up the tab for birth control vs. prenatal care and delivery via Medicaid and the potential of 18 years in welfare/tax benefits, I chose paying for birth control.

While potentially unintended the " have to" thing sounds a tad like a sense of entitlement that feeds stereotyping.
Why should ANYONE other than the 2 people having sex should have to pick up the tab for birth control OR parental care??? I just do not get the mind set were you all think it's other's responsibility to do this for you and those like you... You should have to pay to play...

Old 01-25-2014, 03:02 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I'm just surprised that so many liberal sources are putting those statistics forth, since they are usually in favor of as many folks as possible being attached to the government teat, think that fathers are unnecessary, and that a single mother on welfare is practically holy. It must actually be much worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies