Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Obama use this man?
Yes 7 58.33%
No 3 25.00%
I don't care! 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:25 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

Here

I think so, tugging on the heartstrings of the American Dems to bring them back into believing that our government means well by us. And that is what I believe! They know, and he knows he is loosing ground...big time, another political farce, using this man to win back the party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 07:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Please be specific. Blind links don't work for me.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
It's too bad that Obama didn't explain why he was even in Afghanistan to start with.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:06 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times
Obama honored the bravery and sacrifice of one soldier that survived horrible wounds, that does not give up. That is not using some one, it is the respect you give people who are willing to give up their lives for this country. People willing to give their lives, even living in agony, for other Americans are patriots.

It's sick the wingnuts obsession to say how Obama hates the military and never gives them credit, then when he does in front of the nation he is using them. Why not just be honest and say no matter what Obama does you will hate him (the action does not matter), whatever he is for you are against (the ideal does not matter), whatever even hints at something you believe a Democrat would believe you will rail against.

...and you call people who don't believe all your conspiracies and BS Obots with such obvious projection.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Please be specific. Blind links don't work for me.

A few months later, on his 10th deployment, Cory was nearly killed by a massive roadside bomb in Afghanistan. His comrades found him in a canal, face down, underwater, shrapnel in his brain,” Obama explained. “For months, he lay in a coma. The next time I met him, in the hospital, he couldn’t speak; he could barely move. Over the years, he’s endured dozens of surgeries and procedures, and hours of grueling rehab every day.”
Remsburg, who is still blind in one eye, still struggles with the left side of his body, but he refuses to give up, the president continued.
“Day by day, he’s learned to speak again and stand again and walk again – and he’s working toward the day when he can serve his country again,” Obama said.
Obama then revealed that Remsburg was in the audience, sending the chamber on Capitol Hill into a frenzy. At one point, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel can be seen tearing up.

well, Cory received a standing ovation, and I don't believe many had a dry eye....

Old 01-29-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Obama honored the bravery and sacrifice of one soldier that survived horrible wounds, that does not give up. That is not using some one, it is the respect you give people who are willing to give up their lives for this country. People willing to give their lives, even living in agony, for other Americans are patriots.

It's sick the wingnuts obsession to say how Obama hates the military and never gives them credit, then when he does in front of the nation he is using them. Why not just be honest and say no matter what Obama does you will hate him (the action does not matter), whatever he is for you are against (the ideal does not matter), whatever even hints at something you believe a Democrat would believe you will rail against.

...and you call people who don't believe all your conspiracies and BS Obots with such obvious projection.
well, I'm sorry to say, that is what you and other American's would like to believe, I don't any longer, sorry to say, especially Obama, I don't trust him, politics or Washington any longer...it was reported that only 35% of followers still believe Obama and back him...and I forget who reported that, but it is not just the sick wingnuts, there are also very sick democrates....

Last night was the state of the union address, which was supposed to be informative to people, about what he intends to do, or continue to do, if he wanted to give the military credit, he has had a very long time to do this, but to do this, and bring this soldier in for his state of the union address, there was a definate agenda.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's too bad that Obama didn't explain why he was even in Afghanistan to start with.
yup, it couldn't be for any other reason then they have found very valuable ore in the land, could it?

Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yup, it couldn't be for any other reason then they have found very valuable ore in the land, could it?
As no one will explain why we are still there it's hard to tell.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:22 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,013 times
Republican brings a soldier...honoring a hero. Democrat brings one...he's a prop. You're probably just mad he didn't bring a backwoods reality TV star.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
A few months later, on his 10th deployment, Cory was nearly killed by a massive roadside bomb in Afghanistan. His comrades found him in a canal, face down, underwater, shrapnel in his brain,” Obama explained. “For months, he lay in a coma. The next time I met him, in the hospital, he couldn’t speak; he could barely move. Over the years, he’s endured dozens of surgeries and procedures, and hours of grueling rehab every day.”
Remsburg, who is still blind in one eye, still struggles with the left side of his body, but he refuses to give up, the president continued.
“Day by day, he’s learned to speak again and stand again and walk again – and he’s working toward the day when he can serve his country again,” Obama said.
Obama then revealed that Remsburg was in the audience, sending the chamber on Capitol Hill into a frenzy. At one point, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel can be seen tearing up.

well, Cory received a standing ovation, and I don't believe many had a dry eye....
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies