Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,351,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
There is no such thing as "sheeple" and how disrespectful for Mrs. Palin to refer to the American people that way. Palin is indicative of politicians that speak of "we the people" yet have distain for the people and their choices.

For one that claims to love and defend the US Constitution, maybe she should read and understand the Constitution before hand...not just the words but the documents intent.
LOL!! Oh, please. This is a term that has been in use for years, not only by those on the right, but those on the left. Sara Palin did is not the originator of the term!

And if you want to talk about what is disrespectful, how about "Mrs. Palin" instead of "Governor Palin." "Governor" is the proper form of address for a former Governor. They retain the title, as do other government officials.

I'm sure Governor Palin knows the Constitution very well, and probably understands it better than Barack Obama, who described it as "a charter of negative liberties."

What makes you think Sara Palin does not understand the Constitution? Do you understand it?

Old 01-30-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
You mean the document that Obama thinks was written 20 centuries ago?

Obama: Constitution written "20 centuries" ago - YouTube
OMG!!! That is hilarious! First time I've heard this one.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
First of all it wasn't "books or magazines".

It was "newspapers and magazines".

I personally read no specific newspapers or magazines because I have a computer.

A liberal reads newspapers and magazines because they tend to outsource their thought process and assume everyone else does too.
They read from the slop trough of liberal thought and opinion, which is the majority of the printed "newspapers and magazines." Of course Governor Palin doesn't read that garbage.

Quote:
Couric's question was stupid.
I agree.
Quote:
Since Palin was trying avoid telling her how stupid her question was in the age of the Internet, she attempted an answer and it wasn't a particularly good one.

The correct answer is "What retard still reads newspapers and magazines?"

Still waiting for that unedited transcript Katie.

The Full unedited transcript of the Palin V Gibson interview

Old 01-30-2014, 08:45 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,274,836 times
Palin defenders.....

I don't know whether to laugh at them or to pity them.

Quote:
You are too immature to debate anyway. You lack substantive thought.

Substantive~

1. having a firm basis in reality and therefore important, meaningful, or considerable.
This ^ coming from someone who admits to sending money to a birther cause and who is convinced some big bombshell about the president's birthplace will be revealed "any minute" - and who conveniently avoided answering the question about how much money he's donated to SarahPac.

Anyway, I'm out of here. I've spent way too much of my time on Palin this time around; she's not worth that much of my time - nor are her defenders.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:00 AM

878 posts, read 739,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
OMG!!! That is hilarious! First time I've heard this one.
Yep and he was bragged on by the liberal media being hailed as a constitutional scholar/professor which now has been found to be false. He was a measly low end instructor at the Chicago Law School who held no title of professor.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,422,726 times
Quote:
This is part of her response towards putative president Obama's address to the nation last night. I thought her response was dead on in what is happening to this country. We are in a dangerous political climate that Obama has put us in. He is ignoring 'We the People' to further his agenda of fundamentally transforming America into his vision of a Marxist state. He made no quips about it last night. He has it planned for 2014 and he will be dangerous as ever using executive authority bypassing congress. He wants to push through and complete his agenda before the mid-term elections are held because a lot of democrat lawmakers reelection chances are in jeopardy. Governor Palin, who is against this reckless behavior by the putative president, is going to be a very big player this November like she was in the 2010 mid-terms. She will be a decisive factor again.

Governor Palin's Response to the SOTU - Conservatives4Palin
Mr Read, I mean no disrespect but if your going to post silliness like that I have no choice but to put you on my ignore list.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:12 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,491,829 times
Quote:
Yep and he was bragged on by the liberal media being hailed as a constitutional scholar/professor which now has been found to be false. He was a measly low end instructor at the Chicago Law School who held no title of professor.
It has long been established that Obama, and his staff, are completely ignorant about the US Constitution. For example, this is from his 2010 State of the Union speech:
"We find unity in our incredible diversity, drawing on the promise enshrined in our Constitution: the notion that we're all created equal; ..." -- Obama, 01/27/2010.
Only problem is it is within the Declaration of Independence where that "notion" is enshrined, not the US Constitution. And they have the audacity to claim he is a "constitutional scholar?" Obviously liberal freaks will lie about anything and everything.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:43 AM

13,714 posts, read 9,043,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL!! Oh, please. This is a term that has been in use for years, not only by those on the right, but those on the left. Sara Palin did is not the originator of the term!

And if you want to talk about what is disrespectful, how about "Mrs. Palin" instead of "Governor Palin." "Governor" is the proper form of address for a former Governor. They retain the title, as do other government officials.

I'm sure Governor Palin knows the Constitution very well, and probably understands it better than Barack Obama, who described it as "a charter of negative liberties."

What makes you think Sara Palin does not understand the Constitution? Do you understand it?
I will note that I first heard 'sheeple' back in the mid 1980s, by a local radio conservative talk-show host named David Gold (who would at times talk about Rush Limbaugh, before Rush's show came to DFW). Anyway, it was Mr. Gold's favorite word to describe those with opinions different from his.

Anyway, back to the ranting.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:35 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,491,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will note that I first heard 'sheeple' back in the mid 1980s, by a local radio conservative talk-show host named David Gold (who would at times talk about Rush Limbaugh, before Rush's show came to DFW). Anyway, it was Mr. Gold's favorite word to describe those with opinions different from his.

Anyway, back to the ranting.
Actually, "sheeple" designates people who tend to accept and take statements at face value, particularly by government or the media. Which is why all the Messiah worshipers are considered "sheeple."

Old 01-30-2014, 12:37 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,106,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, "sheeple" designates people who tend to accept and take statements at face value, particularly by government or the media. Which is why all the Messiah worshipers are considered "sheeple."
Only sheeple believe that Obama's supporters "worship" him as a "messiah."

Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies