Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 01:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Other than ACORN, do you have any instances of petitions on college campuses being "faked"? Just curious because you're like the 3rd poster to say that.
Not on me, but it isn't a topic I seek. Though it isn't hard to perform a fake campus petition to people acting and post it on YouTube. All you need is a digital camera, a college campus, and a group of students that want to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 01:08 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not on me, but it isn't a topic I seek. Though it isn't hard to perform a fake campus petition to people acting and post it on YouTube. All you need is a digital camera, a college campus, and a group of students that want to help.
So, let see if I have this right.

Absent any proof, this video is fake because it isn't hard to get a digital camera and a campus full of students to go along with a joke. Do I have that right?

Is that also your interpretation of the Penn and Teller segment I linked earlier?

Old 02-04-2014, 01:09 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Many college students are lacking brains.

In Minnesota, liberals encouraged students at St Cloud State University ( 2008) to register as residents of St Cloud thus they could vote on a school bond issue that raised property taxes.

The school district issue failed in all the precincts but passed by such a large margin in the college precinct that it passed.

Later in the spring of 2009 many college students started getting notices of county jury duty requirement.

They failed to appear and when contacted stated they were not residents of that county where they registered to vote.
They should have been given a choice: do your assigned jury duty or be charged with voter fraud. Hope they paid their local property taxes.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:11 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
"Mark Dice is doing the same thing, but doesn't have millions of people watching him every night."

Mark Dice doesn't need millions of people watching him every night. He has millions of right wing conservative whackos to carry his message across the land........incessantly.......everywhere.......... for no other reason than to spread hate and paranoia. Guns sales should skyrocket again. Those that have 10 will need to get 20 now.
This piece is no different than the video made by that Egyptian Coptic who portrayed Mohammed as a child abuser and among other vile acts to further his own agenda and created a firestorm in the ME. Dice is of the same mold with the same agenda. He wants the same reaction here. He's a cheap right wing grandstander.
Ahahhaha. Oh please, are you saying Mark schiff is so stupid he didnt know what was going to happen when he was interviewed for a comedy show? Really?

ITS A COMEDY SHOW.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:12 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,424,925 times
Too bad petitions don't mean sh-t.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So, let see if I have this right.

Absent any proof, this video is fake because it isn't hard to get a digital camera and a campus full of students to go along with a joke. Do I have that right?

Is that also your interpretation of the Penn and Teller segment I linked earlier?
No, I just doubt it and am not taking it for face value just because it is on the internet. I am skeptical. The rule of thumb is to never believe everything you see on the internet because it is very easy to lie.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:24 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ahahhaha. Oh please, are you saying Mark schiff is so stupid he didnt know what was going to happen when he was interviewed for a comedy show? Really?

ITS A COMEDY SHOW.
Perhaps I misunderstood the post I was responding to. My feelings are that one could get any number of college students to sign their own death warrant if one circulates a petition long enough. The person who circulated the petition had an agenda to discredit liberals with a predetermined desired result and just kept at it until he got the results he desired.
As far as I know, Alex Jones is NOT comedy.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:34 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Why should it surprise anyone that America's youth are overwhelmingly stupid? I would bet that a majority of teenagers and younger twenties don't even have a clue what the Second Amendment is.....

If it doesn't revolve around their cell phones, computers, or American Idol, they don't care.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:36 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
This is an old bit. The only idiots are those that find some kind of meaning in the gag.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:38 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Why should it surprise anyone that America's youth are overwhelmingly stupid? I would bet that a majority of teenagers and younger twenties don't even have a clue what the Second Amendment is.....

If it doesn't revolve around their cell phones, computers, or American Idol, they don't care.
Don't forget casual sex.

anybody who watches Jay Leno and his Jaywalking segment know what you say is true. He couldn't even get college students to answer correctly who was buried in Grants Tomb on one of his shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies